Fernando Alonso
3%
Other
1%

Total votes: 109

phil1993

Re: 2008 Monaco Grand Prix - Grand Prix de Monaco

Post by phil1993 » 24 May 2008, 13:37

not from where he is on the grid he won't.... i'm going for polesitter Conway, who was cruelly punted out of 3rd place at the chicane on the final 45th lap in the feature race by Javier Villa (who had been lapped, wtf was Villa doing?!)

formulaonemadman
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by formulaonemadman » 24 May 2008, 13:52

so are they showing it then- got porches on instead?????
thanks shail69 for the avator!!!

http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?P36

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 24 May 2008, 13:57

yes, this is highlights of the turkish race- gp2 is on

formulaonemadman
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by formulaonemadman » 24 May 2008, 13:58

when??

formulaonemadman
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by formulaonemadman » 24 May 2008, 13:59

its on now-don't worry-well it ws me worrying lol !!!

Silver Shadow
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Silver Shadow » 24 May 2008, 14:42

I watched the ITV coverage of this and talk about bias. I heard "Lewis Hamilton" at least 4 or 5 times in one minute. Hamilton is James Allen's lovechild and he never stops talking about him. For crying out loud, Kimi had set a fastest lap and all that Allen and Brundle could say that was Hamilton was making excellent time, and he crossed the line 4th fastest at that time...

color
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by color » 24 May 2008, 14:56

Silver Shadow wrote:I watched the ITV coverage of this and talk about bias. I heard "Lewis Hamilton" at least 4 or 5 times in one minute. Hamilton is James Allen's lovechild and he never stops talking about him. For crying out loud, Kimi had set a fastest lap and all that Allen and Brundle could say that was Hamilton was making excellent time, and he crossed the line 4th fastest at that time...
which is nothing new...
Watching ITV is like entering "Lewis Love Fest", every time you turn it on. Pathetic.
I have nothing against Lewis, nor I'm his fan. But there is certain threshold (or puke limit) after which you just cannot stand listening to words "Lewis" or "Mclaren" four times in every sentence.

formulaonemadman
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by formulaonemadman » 24 May 2008, 14:59

yes-thats the reason that made me put off with lewis even though it aint his fault-it gets on my nerves

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 24 May 2008, 15:02

yeah, kimi went p1 and you could see that hamilton was slightly slower. ive just watched the start of the USGP 2005 (the 6 car start) and even then he was speaking really fast and over enthusiastic when nothing happened

formulaonemadman
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by formulaonemadman » 24 May 2008, 15:03

phil1993 wrote:yeah, kimi went p1 and you could see that hamilton was slightly slower. ive just watched the start of the USGP 2005 (the 6 car start) and even then he was speaking really fast and over enthusiastic when nothing happened
what about the very day that button won............................................... !yahoo: !yahoo: !yahoo: !yahoo: !yahoo: !yahoo: -i think he was as crazy as my smile's

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 24 May 2008, 15:08

i can understand that day- yes it was slightly mental but i think nearly every british fan felt like that as there hadn't been a British winner for 3 years (or an english winner for 7 years)

kimifantuga
kart driver
kart driver

Post by kimifantuga » 24 May 2008, 15:39

great job for ferrari!!!!
i believe kimi will win monacoGP!!!!
heidfeld had a bad kualify...piquet out of f1 now!!!!!

Soyyo
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Soyyo » 24 May 2008, 17:14

Team-by-team summary: Saturday, Monaco

FERRARI
The Italian team looked slightly behind McLaren, and Felipe Massa slightly behind his teammate Kimi Raikkonen, until qualifying, which has not been dominated by Ferrari since 1979. "I was laughing all the way around my in-lap as I just can't believe I'm on pole," Turkey winner Massa, who declared on Wednesday that he doesn't like the famous street circuit, beamed. Raikkonen is P2 by a tiny margin, although Massa, the Finn and Lewis Hamilton's McLaren all set near-identical final lap times.

MCLAREN-MERCEDES
Not many punters would have bet against a Hamilton pole position, raising some questions about whether Ferrari - although undoubtedly better at Monaco than last year - have opted for slightly lower initial fuel loads, which is a more crucial factor than usual here. "I am pleased with how the car felt and our strategy," Hamilton said. Heikki Kovalainen had a starkly mixed morning with his quickest practice time and shunt, but he remained very competitive until Q3, when he settled on the back of the second row. "I don't know where the small gap to the cars in front comes from," the disappointed Finn said.

BMW-SAUBER
Nick Heidfeld is enduring a Monaco nightmare, where his difficulty in heating up the tyres seems to be a particular handicap. He was amongst the slowest runners in the wet-dry practice, and - for the first time in 28 races - he failed to make the 'Q3' cut in the afternoon with pace that was up to a whopping full second slower than his teammate Robert Kubica's. The Pole, as per usual, is having no such problems -- fifth in practice and on the grid, although he did confirm that Hamilton's car distracted him - but "did not hold me up" - on his last qualifying flying lap.

WILLIAMS-TOYOTA
Nico Rosberg is arguably the star so far of the Monaco 2008 meeting -- second quickest on Thursday, fourth on the damp Saturday morning, second in the low-fuel 'Q2', and finally sixth on the grid. Teammate Kazuki Nakajima made it through to 'Q2' but he is a lot slower here than Rosberg; the definitive Q2 deficit was an enormous 1.2 seconds. "Nico did really well today so I think I should have been better," the Toyota-backed Japanese admitted.

RENAULT
Nelson Piquet was only three tenths slower than his teammate in Q1, but it was embarrassingly still not enough to graduate to the next phase of the qualifying session. Back to back race winner Fernando Alonso stepped up his pace impressively after Q1, and he will start from seventh -- ten full positions ahead of the struggling occupant of the sister R28.

TOYOTA
Jarno Trulli emerged from his difficult start to the weekend to be eighth on the grid, while Timo Glock missed the top-ten 'Q3' cut by the merest of margins. "It's frustrating because the weekend had been going well. I don't know what happened," Glock said.

RED BULL-RENAULT
David Coulthard, who had throttle problems on Thursday and an oil pressure problem on Saturday morning, was unhurt after losing control of his RB4 at an incredible 297kph coming out of the tunnel, meaning that he couldn't take part in 'Q3'. The Scottish veteran, who is understood to have visited the medical centre for a check, didn't rule out driver error as he came onto the brakes, and the team also didn't confirm the cause of the crash immediately after qualifying. Many paddock pundits, however, suspect another car failure for the Milton Keynes based team. Mark Webber has had another solid weekend and is ninth on the grid.

HONDA
Jenson Button must be praying for Sunday's forecast rain, because his pace on the wet track in the morning - although not reflected in the actual final time sheet because of the intermittent dry running - was extremely quick. In the dry, however, the RA108 is a 'Q2' dweller, although Rubens Barrichello - second for Stewart in the last wet Monaco GP back in 1997 - only just scraped into the second segment in qualifying.

TORO ROSSO-FERRARI
Not in a single session at Monaco this weekend has Sebastian Vettel, whose misery is further compounded by his five-position gearbox penalty, been faster than his impressive teammate Sebastien Bourdais, the multiple champion of Champ Car and an F1 newcomer. Both, however, are not happy with the brand new STR3 car, which was not good enough to make the initial Q1 cut. "I'm hoping for rain -- lots of rain!" Vettel said.

FORCE INDIA-FERRARI
Last year at Monaco, Adrian Sutil shone very brightly in a wet practice session, and so it was also in 2008 as he went eighth quickest in the morning. The German then outqualified his experienced teammate Giancarlo Fisichella by an impressive margin, although both are at the back of the grid. Fisichella could only do two instead of the usual three runs in Q1, because his broken gearbox from the morning session was still being replaced.

SOURCE: http://www.f1way.com/news/2008/may/24/t ... day-monaco
What a surprise, a red front row.

Lilellatho
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Lilellatho » 24 May 2008, 17:52

Hello, everyone! Man, I'm late, had to scram just after quali and I was still late to where I needed to go :nosweat: But I wouldn't miss F1 for the world. :p

Wow, a Ferrari front row! Now that's what I call a surprise :blink: And boy was it close, just what, 0,05 between the first 3?
And Felipe did a great job too. :thumbsup: His S2 times were amazing!

I must admit I'm disappointed with Kimi's performance again. Sure it was close and he is still my favourite, but I would just like to see him more agressive with his qualifying. It's always the same thing: his race pace is great, but because of the way modern F1 is, quali is even more important. I just can't understand what happened to his quali form ever since he moved to Ferrari. I still remember poles or simply outqualifying his team mates with loads of fuel like Monza '05, Monaco '05 or with inferior equipment like the ones in '03,'04 and '06.
Oh well, I guess he'll have to handle it on his own, he's putting himself in this position. :tired:

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Felipe were heavier tomorrow, not only because of his and his race engineer's reactions after getting pole, but even if we think logically: if a driver doesn't particularly feel good on a circuit, you as a team don't give him the most agressive strategy, but you fuel him longer so that he could qualify reasonably and then make up places after the pits. And he has made it no secret that he doesn't really like this circuit. Hope I'm wrong though :tired:

But we'll see tomorrow, the weather can play quite a big part in this one... Jeez, who would have thought we might have the first wet race this year in Monaco of all places :nosweat:

themaster57
car driver
car driver

Post by themaster57 » 24 May 2008, 18:38

i cant believe that ferrari quilifed 1st and 2nd that was a suprise. all i got to say is that the race tomorrow will be very very good to watch espacilly with the weather playing a major part, i just hope mclaren win or at least get in the top 3