Fernando Alonso
3%
Other
1%

Total votes: 109

Intermediate07

Re: 2008 Monaco Grand Prix - Grand Prix de Monaco

Post by Intermediate07 » 17 May 2008, 10:39

phil1993 wrote:Sebastian Vettel will get a 5 place grid penalty for changing his gearbox (because of the introduction of the new car)
Lol !yahoo:
Bourdais is much better than Vettel. Flag:## :shhh:

premier
kart driver
kart driver

Post by premier » 17 May 2008, 11:47

1. Will Ferrari continue its winning ways with Raikkonen?
I really hope so. With longer wheelbase they should perform better then lasy year.
2. Will Massa win a race in a track other than his favorites?
No, no, no. No Massa here.
3. Will McLaren-Mercedes bounce back? And with who, Lewis or Heikki?
There is a certain chance.
4. Will BMW-Sauber show their potential in this tight-and-twisty circuit?
May be Robert , but not Nick.
5. What will Alonso the back-to-back winner do in Monaco?
He will enjoy being here, but 6-7 place.
6. Will Toyota and Red Bull be again strong?
RB for sure, Toyota is much stronger on fast corners tracks

F1fanatic86
car driver
car driver

Post by F1fanatic86 » 17 May 2008, 13:37

1. Will Ferrari continue its winning ways with Raikkonen? No
2. Will Massa win a race in a track other than his favorites? No, his next win will be in interlagos
3. Will McLaren-Mercedes bounce back? Yes. And with who, Lewis or Heikki? Lewis
4. Will BMW-Sauber show their potential in this tight-and-twisty circuit? No
5. What will Alonso the back-to-back winner do in Monaco? He'll finish 6th
6. Will Toyota and Red Bull be again strong? Yes

HamiltonF1
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by HamiltonF1 » 17 May 2008, 15:10

xyneid wrote:
HamiltonF1 wrote:Uhm tell me where did you get that information from because they where the best on topspeed but in slow corners they weren't the best so just caurious.
It's not top speed, it's sector times. In Spain and Turkey, Ferrari drivers' times were better than Maccas at last sector of both circuits, which can be assumed to resemble with the turns in Monaco and if you remember the Turkish GP press conference, tha same were asked to Hamilton:
Q: When you were really quick with relatively light fuel it was sector three you were losing ground to the Ferraris, or not gaining ground. Is that a worry going into Monte Carlo?
LH: I don’t see it as a worry. In Barcelona, the last sector which was all the tight corners, they were a little bit quicker than us there. It was the same here with the last three corners on the straight where they seemed to take quite a lot out of us. We are going to go back and try to understand exactly why and keep pushing to improve. I have no doubts that we can do that.
But of course that doesn't mean anything. Sector times have nothing to do with a whole lap time in Monaco. It can be a indicatior nonetheless. I know you are a strong fan but objectiveness is the most enjoyable thing while judging issues and matters :thumbsup:
Ok thats clear thnx.

sesamest
car driver
car driver

Post by sesamest » 17 May 2008, 17:10

1. Will Ferrari continue its winning ways with Raikkonen? NO.....
2. Will Massa win a race in a track other than his favorites? NO...Too
3. Will McLaren-Mercedes bounce back? Hopefully Hekki can get rid of the bad luck in the last 2 races and Hamilton can continue his pace
4. Will BMW-Sauber show their potential in this tight-and-twisty circuit? Don't think they can get in front of Mclaren and Ferrari
5. What will Alonso, the back-to-back winner do in Monaco? Maybe a least get a point.....
6. Will Toyota and Red Bull be again strong? Red Bull's pace is good but don't think Toyota can become fast suddenly....

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 17 May 2008, 19:39

phil1993 wrote:Sebastian Vettel will get a 5 place grid penalty for changing his gearbox (because of the introduction of the new car)
Thats bad. I was expecting the Toro Rosso to throw some surprises and upset the parent team Red Bull !! Hope they beat them on track in Monaco !

Soyyo
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Soyyo » 18 May 2008, 06:12

1. Will Ferrari continue its winning ways with Raikkonen? The last time Ferrari won this race was in 2001 with Michael. After 7 years of drought the winning time has arrive and Kimi would win.

2. Will Massa win a race in a track other than his favorites? Yes, but it won't be this one, it would be in Canada.

3. Will McLaren-Mercedes bounce back? And with who, Lewis or Heikki? McLaren won't win this race. Heikki would finish 2nd and Hamilton 5th

4. Will BMW-Sauber show their potential in this tight-and-twisty circuit? They would finish 3th Kubica and 6th Heidfeld or viceversa.

Alonso and Piquet will finish in the same spot they qualify. They will obtain a better position only because anyone before them has to retire or has problems during the race (like it has happen in the previous races).

6. Will Toyota and Red Bull be again strong? Yes, Red Bull would be in the points with both drivers. Toyota would nearly gets points
Flag:## Monaco Finish Race Position: Flag:##
1 Kimi
2 Heikki
3 Kubica
4 Massa
5 Hamilton
6 Heidfeld
7 Webber
8 Coulthard
Pole Position: Kimi :p Fastest Lap: Coulthard :shhh:
!yahoo:

f1freak
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by f1freak » 18 May 2008, 06:32

If Kimi qualifies in the top 4 then they might have a chance.And Kimi will have something to prove after last years qualifying & then Massa winning the last race with lewis also ahead of him.But it will be very close as McLaren has a good track record.Still we can have a better ideea in the practice sessions.

It will be difficult for Massa to win on street cisrcuits like these & without TC it will make life more difficult.

I think they can bounce back specially with Lewis as he was held up last year behind Fernando & was very much close to him.So maybe this year he can get a upper hand & McLaren can pay him back if they are in a situation to do so.

Possibly yes.Moncao is a lottery & who ever wins it get the maximum.And with the possibility of a Safety car quite often we can expect some surprises.

Maybe he can qualify with a low fuel load as he did in Spain & try to get some points.Maybe a podium also if the strategy works for him in any ways.

I think yes.But red Bull might have the upper hand with DC already scoring a podium in 06 and Webber was also running strong in a willims the same year.

marty
kart driver
kart driver

Post by marty » 18 May 2008, 08:27

1. Will Ferrari continue its winning ways with Raikkonen? nope ferraris arent good at monaco cause of long wheelbase and bad with kurbs
2. Will Massa win a race in a track other than his favorites? no massa is a younger rubens
3. Will McLaren-Mercedes bounce back? And with who, Lewis or Heikki? yes and Lewis but Hekki to be strong aswell
4. Will BMW-Sauber show their potential in this tight-and-twisty circuit? Yes
5. What will Alonso the back-to-back winner do in Monaco? he will put it on the 2nd row
6. Will Toyota and Red Bull be again strong? Toyota no Red bull maybee with Webber

David Smith
kart driver
kart driver

Post by David Smith » 18 May 2008, 14:39

No, i still think ferraris monaco troubles will continue.
Yes, hes a great driver and dont see why he cant. Unless the team favour kimi again.
I think Lewis will bounce back and win the monaco gp.
Yes, ive thought this for awhile, i think they will come ahead of the ferraris.
I really cant see it, but you never know. Could see some strange strategys in monaco i think.
I think the toyotas will be good at monaco, there already stronger then last year so they will be happy.

jonyq
kart driver
kart driver

Post by jonyq » 18 May 2008, 16:18

Will this race be interesting? I highly doubt so.

I never thought those people calling F1 boring were level headed. I just finished some footage of Monaco in 1997 and then I finally knew what they were on to.

I hope something interesting comes up.

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 18 May 2008, 16:56

We could possibly have a wet Monaco GP!
http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/b ... pla=10-day

If the opening GP was a mayhem, just imagine how it will be like in Monaco's wet track without TC.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 18 May 2008, 17:01

My God! That would be amazing!!!

gokul009
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by gokul009 » 18 May 2008, 17:37

1. Will Ferrari continue its winning ways with Raikkonen? - Nope as Ferrari don't like this track for they haven't won for 6 years, even in 2002 and 2004 when they won almost all the races.

2. Will Massa win a race in a track other than his favorites? Nope as I said above Ferrari don't like this track but maybe he can finish ahead of Raikkonen.

3. Will McLaren-Mercedes bounce back? And with who, Lewis or Heikki? Lewis of course. Heikki is not as quick as Lewis in the race. He may have a chance if he qualifies on pole.

4. Will BMW-Sauber show their potential in this tight-and-twisty circuit? Maybe. If Kubica can repeat his qualifying at Bahrain, he can win considering how impossible it is to overtake.

5. What will Alonso the back-to-back winner do in Monaco? Nope. Renault is too far off the pace.

6. Will Toyota and Red Bull be again strong? Yes. Webber and Trulli can take the battle to Alonso.

musashi_sw
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by musashi_sw » 18 May 2008, 19:13

AzShadow wrote: If the opening GP was a mayhem, just imagine how it will be like in Monaco's wet track without TC.
will only have 10 laps :p