Other
1%

Total votes: 76

F1fanatic86
car driver
car driver

Re: 2008 Petrol Ofisi Turkish Grand Prix

Post by F1fanatic86 » 08 May 2008, 05:41

I voted for Kimi. I don't think Massa will be much better than Kimi like he was in Bahrain, I remember last year Kimi dominated Saturday practice and he was faster than Felipe in Q1 and 2 but I think oversteer and a small mistake in Q3 meant he couldn't win on Sunday.

raikkonen4ever
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by raikkonen4ever » 08 May 2008, 11:31

Kovalainen declared fit to race

08 May 2008

Heikki Kovalainen is allowed to compete in this weekend's Turkish Grand Prix. The Finn crashed with approximately 240km/h out of the Spanish Grand Prix when his tyre deflated. When he hit the tyre barriers Kovalainen had to deal with 27G on his body.

On Monday, after the event, CT scans at a hospital in Barcelona confirmed that Kovalainen had no head injuries and no broken bones but the Finn was kept in overnight for observation.

In Istanbul Kovalainen has been declared fit by the FIA's medical team to race in this weekend's Turkish Grand Prix.

Commenting on the FIA's decision Heikki said, "I am obviously very pleased with the decision by the FIA Medical Team. I arrived here today feeling confident that I would pass the FIA test as I feel 100% and if I had not felt 100% I would have told the team already and stayed at home. My preparation for this weekend has gone well and we have done a lot of fitness training. Obviously a big thumbs up for all the FIA safety standards and the guys in Spain who worked hard to get me out of the car safely.

"I think the accident probably looked worse than it was for me. I had a little headache but was back in training almost immediately. I now look forward to the rest of the weekend and the rest of the season."

Source : gpupdate.net

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 08 May 2008, 18:45

It's good that Heikki is ok and he's allowed to race. :)

Alonso hopes Spain was no one-off
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/67220

What surprised me the most was this:
The Renault driver said the starts were still a concern for him, as he believes Ferrari are clearly ahead of their rivals.

"Yeah, we knew unfortunately that the Ferrari was starting much better than us," he said.

"We've done some calculations after the races and we saw already in the first three races that Ferrari is the best car off the starting grid. I think I had too much wheelspin in Barcelona to be honest.

"After the first 30-40 metres they were okay and I had a little too much wheelspin and I lost all acceleration from that point. It's something we need to work on – and that's all the team except Ferrari.

"My start compared to Kubica, Hamilton and those guys was quite similar and the only two guys starting better than the others was the two Ferraris so we need to improve."
I thought that there shouldn't be such big differences between the starts anymore and if some team's supposed to have an advantage it's McLaren due to the ECU. Both Ferrari and McLaren have good starters too so I'm not really sure.

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 08 May 2008, 21:21

AzShadow wrote: What surprised me the most was this:
The Renault driver said the starts were still a concern for him, as he believes Ferrari are clearly ahead of their rivals.

"Yeah, we knew unfortunately that the Ferrari was starting much better than us," he said.

"We've done some calculations after the races and we saw already in the first three races that Ferrari is the best car off the starting grid. I think I had too much wheelspin in Barcelona to be honest.

"After the first 30-40 metres they were okay and I had a little too much wheelspin and I lost all acceleration from that point. It's something we need to work on – and that's all the team except Ferrari.

"My start compared to Kubica, Hamilton and those guys was quite similar and the only two guys starting better than the others was the two Ferraris so we need to improve."
I thought that there shouldn't be such big differences between the starts anymore and if some team's supposed to have an advantage it's McLaren due to the ECU. Both Ferrari and McLaren have good starters too so I'm not really sure.
But the function of traction control was to allow maximum traction under acceleration or excessive throttle without wheel spin, which is the case at race starts. So wheel spin is still a major factor I guess and it's the main point how teams cope with that without TC. Race starts are much more important than before. I think Renualt sucks.

What surprised me though is that Alonso uses Ferrari word at each paragraph :) He always keeps saying Ferrari is better! He really wants a seat :p
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

kimifantuga
kart driver
kart driver

Post by kimifantuga » 08 May 2008, 22:43

F1fanatic86 wrote:I voted for Kimi. I don't think Massa will be much better than Kimi like he was in Bahrain, I remember last year Kimi dominated Saturday practice and he was faster than Felipe in Q1 and 2 but I think oversteer and a small mistake in Q3 meant he couldn't win on Sunday.
i think the same...
i hope vettel and kovas have a good race too

Richards19
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Richards19 » 09 May 2008, 01:36

but don't forget Massa won the last two races at Istanbul so tis the reason i voted for him to win again Turkish GP
and i hope Alonso will score few points and also a good race for Bourdais.

syafiqa
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by syafiqa » 09 May 2008, 06:05

Hello everyone..I'm now doing for my industrial training for 10 weeks. This practical give me five credits for my undergraduate programme.
Wish me all the best..!!
Haha.. :cheezy:

And of course I hope I can't miss to watch this coming race on sunday, in my local time at 8.00 p.m.(ESPN star sport)

Glad to see kimi again..!!
Go iceman, Go.. Flag:##

neermsc
car driver
car driver

Post by neermsc » 09 May 2008, 06:18

kimi's going to win in turkey .........his form is superb!

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 09 May 2008, 06:53

Kimi will have his chance of Pole this time ...its so close its difficult to say who will win ... i m sure its going to be Ferrari :p

For Hamilton, they should try to snatch pole the only chance of winning ..but still very difficult ..Kimi's in/out laps are very impressive and Ferrari scary starts :lol:
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

lealjaime
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by lealjaime » 09 May 2008, 06:54

where to wacth friday practice
Ferrari Rules!!!!!!

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 09 May 2008, 06:55

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

lealjaime
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by lealjaime » 09 May 2008, 07:15

thanks a lot man its te same adress for all practices and races of the year

:shhh:

maybe i already sad this but
thanks a lot

here in mexico

i can see qualifying an race by tv this its great

Flag:##
Last edited by lealjaime on 09 May 2008, 07:25, edited 1 time in total.
Ferrari Rules!!!!!!

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 09 May 2008, 07:23

Did a Force India run a red light at the start?

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 09 May 2008, 07:50

yes fisico :lol:

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO