Alonso says Renault are the eighth best team in F1

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Alonso says Renault are the eighth best team in F1

Post by mikhailv » 17 Apr 2008, 15:33

I probably translate alonso a whole lot different to most of you.

The whole 6 tenths thing? Well i recall whitmarsh saying that as a whole in the year, the team got 2.1 seconds faster. so alonso did bring 6 tenths.

But you guys seem to think that when he says six tenths, you mean his driving. Incorrect.

I believe that he brings six tenths through, yes part of his driving, but also his immense skill and knowledge in setting up an effective race car, which is what lewis cant do, even now.

Fernie is the best driver on that field, arguably kimi is on par. But everyone dragging on about the whole 6 tenths thing is lame, because he will bring it to renault.

Second point. Your saying renaults doing worse than last year. I believe that there actually the same level as last year. HOWEVER, it is the other teams which have advanced, hence making renault look worse.

In otherwords, renaults not moving forward. Toyota and honda are. obviously with Dernt (sp?) at toyota and Brawn at honda.

Third point. Alonso isnt the 16th worst driver. Renault are probably the 8th or 9th worst car. If your going that route,you could say lewis is the 5th, infact 6th best driver. His teams the 3rd best. See, problem with that is it just doesnt work. That would mean massa is the second best driver, when he isnt. So the whole c**p like this is stupid.

Fourth point is about Alonso-McLaren.

You can slag alonso off all you like. Yep, he made mistakes. But i dont think lewis rattled him. I think he rattled himself because he was in an enviroment inwhich prefered the other driver. I dont care what nobody says, but if you yourself won 2 world championships and your put on the rank of a rookie, and not only that, but the team PREFERES the rookie from the start, your gonna be p*ssed, upset and slightly depressed.

Fernie made mistakes in canada, spain, Bahrain and China. Lewis made mistakes in Japan and european GP.

Now, say what you want how he couldnt handle it e.t.c, but lets not forget that this guy whos shown you how not to behave in F1, didnt lose a 17 point lead.

I think under the circumstances, Alonso had a brilliant season last year. Yeah he lost the championship. but, he would have won it easily should the teams internal affairs been dealt with properly, and without obvious bias.

Fifth point. Nelsinho is a good driver. I dare say better than lewis. Hes doing well in that renault. Alonso knows how to handle a sh*t car, take his first year in minardi, and then renaults rise in 2003 and 2004. He built the team up quite abit, because they knew they had a champion in their hands, and he drove them forward.

I think Alonso's gonna stay the 2 years at renault. yeah he wants a ferrari seat, but i know for sure that hed rather be at renault every step. Not just because of what everyone saw last year about 'spitting your dummy' (because he didnt) but because he knows everyone is behind him and piquet.

Alonso is a good driver. and he is a great teamate. I think that the media eye last year made him into a panto villan, inwhich he most deffinatly isnt.

sa87uk
car driver
car driver

Post by sa87uk » 18 Apr 2008, 19:22

i dont believe they are as low as the 8th fastest team, i think they are as fast as any of the mid-fielders but were not suited to the malaysia and bahrain circuits, alonso did a good job in oz. his pass on kimi and kova prooves this IMO.

coup
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by coup » 19 Apr 2008, 17:31

8th? that good?

Suntrek
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Suntrek » 20 Apr 2008, 13:46

At least we can joke about it... (not much else to do really :sad: )

http://video.google.es/videoplay?docid= ... 9366753970
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

DannyJ
car driver
car driver

Post by DannyJ » 26 Apr 2008, 18:33

Do you guys think Alonso should stop bitching like a little girl? He thinks of himself as a racing god.... :tired:

miro880
car driver
car driver

Post by miro880 » 26 Apr 2008, 18:41

1.Ferari,2.BMW,3.McLaren,4.Toyota or Red Bull,5. Toyota or Red Bull,6.Williams and I think 7 place for Renault.

reyhan
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by reyhan » 26 Apr 2008, 20:27

Well, after todays quali, they are at least fifth :thumbsup:
BMW Power

malory
car driver
car driver

Post by malory » 26 Apr 2008, 21:29

I would say as third minimum. Yes, probabily I´m crazy...tomorrow we´ll see.

Richards19
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Richards19 » 26 Apr 2008, 23:19

after the second place in qualification i would say four, not eight

reyhan
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by reyhan » 27 Apr 2008, 05:24

malory wrote:I would say as third minimum. Yes, probabily I´m crazy...tomorrow we´ll see.
Maybe not crazy but way to optimistic, they made progress for sure but they are defenetly light on fuel, especialy Nando
BMW Power

spf4000
car driver
car driver

Post by spf4000 » 30 Apr 2008, 06:15

It goes to show you that it's more about the car than the driver. Alonso is a fantastic driver and can extract a lot out of the car, but if the car is just not within striking distance of the top tier cars, you just don't stand a chance. That being said, Renault has come a long way this year, so it'll be interesting to see how they continue to develop as the season wears on.