color
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1™ Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix

Post by color » 05 Apr 2008, 15:27

Suntrek wrote:
Aus: RK pit lap 16, NH lap 21.
Mal: RK pit lap 21, NH lap 17.

So around lap 17-18 maybe? that's not TOO light, IMO. Either way I'll keep my fingers crossed for him tomorrow! :p
yeah, I would say this is right...
I really hope he won't f#@k up the firs corner... I doubt he can keep massa behind for long, not to mention Kimi and Hammy... but with some luck he will get a podium AGAIN tomorrow. Flag:##

demoa
car driver
car driver

Post by demoa » 05 Apr 2008, 15:29

Can Ferrari hold on to their performance at Malaysia?
seeing them all weekend...ferrari definitely seem to have the pace although being pipped be bmw for pole

Can Massa finally get a good result?
if he doesnt do anything funny like in the last race,,,hez up for atleast podium finish

What role is BMW Sauber going to play?
i realli hope that bmw have the race pace n not juzz got a good qualifying result due to low fuel load....in that case...it could change the course for the championship

Will there be rain?
no....nothing indicates it will rain

Who crash into the barriers again?
haha.....anybody's guess but i think those on the dirty side of the track....it the inside like on the start finish straight will have to be careful

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 05 Apr 2008, 15:34

I think it will be the most exciting Bahrein GP.. What do you guys think?
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

demoa
car driver
car driver

Post by demoa » 05 Apr 2008, 15:40

yeah...certainly looks like the case with bmw on the front row !!

opop123
car driver
car driver

Post by opop123 » 05 Apr 2008, 15:40

First corner will be crucial.
If Kubica will stay in front, probably all the pack will follow him (Massa, Kimi, Kovi, Hamilton). And it may be like this, that the race will restart when Kubica will pit for the first time.

But if Kubica will be able to gain some lead at the front, it could be even more interesting.

Alonso once again showed some great skills. With this car it was almost impossible to go to Q3.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 05 Apr 2008, 15:42

Yeah i hope so , i Have finished My homework , i am Free tomorrow .

Very interesting Results For toyota so Far , Top ten in each race so far for Trulli.

Nakajima Fast in Testing , Bad in quali :roll:: looks like Williams have yet another Alex Wurz this year .

alin
kart driver
kart driver

Post by alin » 05 Apr 2008, 16:00

massa and ferrari were very-very fast here; in the first too qualli parts he was the best, and by far: 0.5 seconds always from the second driver. I'm sure that he will win tomorrow - unless he makes another stupid mistake.

it seamed to me that massa was over-confident and thought that he can beat hamilton even with lots of fuel; hamilton also wanted very much the pole and has a fuel tank not that heavy, but I guess both of them never realized that another driver can do better than them if he is not that heavy as well :)

opop123
car driver
car driver

Post by opop123 » 05 Apr 2008, 16:12

It is interesting that two best drivers in Q3 were complaining about their best laps (Massa - some traffic, Kubica - problems after turn 9). And Lewis (according to his pit crew) was loosing a lot of time in the last sector. Any ideas why?

montrey
car driver
car driver

Post by montrey » 05 Apr 2008, 16:22

demoa wrote:yeah...certainly looks like the case with bmw on the front row !!
bwah, think they will be starting very light & after the pitstop they will be out of the picture for the victory, and massa & raiko will see who gets the win, see kubica in for a 3th spot tho if hamilton doenst get his act together

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 05 Apr 2008, 17:06

opop123 wrote:It is interesting that two best drivers in Q3 were complaining about their best laps (Massa - some traffic, Kubica - problems after turn 9). And Lewis (according to his pit crew) was loosing a lot of time in the last sector. Any ideas why?
Hamilton was just a mistake, I think Lewis blew it in the first sector, he said that if he had a perfect lap, without the mistake(s), he would have been on pole.
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 05 Apr 2008, 17:08

joostlamers wrote:
opop123 wrote:It is interesting that two best drivers in Q3 were complaining about their best laps (Massa - some traffic, Kubica - problems after turn 9). And Lewis (according to his pit crew) was loosing a lot of time in the last sector. Any ideas why?
Hamilton was just a mistake, I think Lewis blew it in the first sector, he said that if he had a perfect lap, without the mistake(s), he would have been on pole.
yeah, he lost 0.3 in sector 1

tfhar
kart driver
kart driver

Post by tfhar » 05 Apr 2008, 17:15

montrey wrote: bwah, think they will be starting very light & after the pitstop they will be out of the picture for the victory, and massa & raiko will see who gets the win, see kubica in for a 3th spot tho if hamilton doenst get his act together
agree. kubica will lost his place after 1st pit stop. but hope he can maintain the performance. if not, the race is quite bore. now not only duel between ferrari & mclaren, red-silver-blue white 3 way war begin, like this more interesting...... !yahoo:

good job bmw & kubica :thumbsup:

sorry for bad english...... :blush:
Last edited by tfhar on 05 Apr 2008, 17:18, edited 1 time in total.

fcnz
car driver
car driver

Post by fcnz » 05 Apr 2008, 17:18

Can Ferrari hold on to their performance at Malaysia?
Hopefully not

Can Massa finally get a good result?
No.

What role is BMW Sauber going to play?
Hopefully a front row one and rake in some points

Will there be rain?
Nah

Who crash into the barriers again?
Massa

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 05 Apr 2008, 17:20

phil1993 wrote:
joostlamers wrote:
yeah, he lost 0.3 in sector 1
No issues at all .. We will wait for how it kicks off tomorrow morning at Bahrain :thumbsup:

color
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by color » 05 Apr 2008, 17:22

Suntrek wrote: They are good friends, Alonso told about him phoning Robert at the hospital after his accident in Canada last year and when Robert answered he was already out of there, and told Alonso he couldn't talk on the phone because he was driving!

Alonso almost fainted. :@:2
:shhh:

The Spanish pilot Alonso said to be happy about the pole of Robert Kubica, who considers "a great friend":

"He is a pilot who always won in all previous cathegories. When he arrived last year I thought that he was going to be fighting for top things. This year has found the way to prove he is one of the best pilots. "
"I always said he was the best of the new generation. Finally things are going well. He has what he deserves. In karts he has won everything, he is of the same generation as Rosberg and Hamilton and always has beaten them. So it is normal that now, in Formula One, he also wins. He is a great friend and hopefully i´ll be able to fight with him F1. And have fun" he added.

Alonso explained: "We play cards together often at night. In Australia he was quite annoyed because lost the 'pole' in that last curve. He was thinking about that. Tonight, I think we´ll play cards again, he will not be so annoyed with that mistake and will enjoy more. "