Least Favourite F1 Drivers

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
michealdoyle
car driver
car driver

Re: Least Favourite F1 Drivers

Post by michealdoyle » 27 Mar 2008, 22:09

didn't like dc in mcLaren days but have actually warmed to him since red bull and reading his book. Also hakinen. didnt give dc credit for letting him win jerez and melbourne.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 28 Mar 2008, 13:12

i don't know why so many people dislike hamilton. He is good for the sport as there is so much more income because of people (particularly in Britain) supporting him. He and drivers such as Kubica and in the future probably Grosjean and other current f1 drivers such as Sutil, Glock and Piquet will give the sport a new image and should force out slower drivers such as Coulthard and Barrichello, who feel assured of a drive, when lets face it, they're not gonna win a championship and are highly unlikely to win a race.

palmer
car driver
car driver

Post by palmer » 29 Mar 2008, 21:56

phil1993 wrote:i don't know why so many people dislike hamilton. He is good for the sport as there is so much more income because of people (particularly in Britain) supporting him. He and drivers such as Kubica and in the future probably Grosjean and other current f1 drivers such as Sutil, Glock and Piquet will give the sport a new image and should force out slower drivers such as Coulthard and Barrichello, who feel assured of a drive, when lets face it, they're not gonna win a championship and are highly unlikely to win a race.
Hamilton and Montoya i dislike, however i think your bang on with Hamilton, Kubica, and Grosjean and the others being the future of the sport. Coulthard and Barrichello need to hang up their helmets, they're just taking up space on the track. I think Wurz was smart and realized that, and got out. Hes better giving his testing knowledge to the team while giving a good young racer a shot. Although Honda seem to think Rubens is still a top end driver. :huh:
Well done is always better than well said.

marty
kart driver
kart driver

Post by marty » 31 Mar 2008, 10:52

palmer wrote:Hamilton and Montoya i dislike,
whats not to like about montoya he was great value :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOW-jngVoT4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQeZ4hSVGN8

for me its scott speed he was useless

McLaren-F1
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by McLaren-F1 » 31 Mar 2008, 11:51

i don't like kimi raikkonen
4ever McLaren...

coup
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by coup » 31 Mar 2008, 15:00

ralf schumacher. im glad hes not racing in f1 this year

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 31 Mar 2008, 16:15

TommyBellingham wrote:
devereux wrote:i dislike trulli because he is an absolute terrible race driver
i dislike fisi because he complains all the time but he doesnt know wat he's talkin about
i dislike hamilton now that every one says he's the best coz i been watching f1 hard out for 13 years and i know he's not the best and he doesnt deserve a macca seat, get webber button or heidfeld in there
How doesn't Hamilton deserve the seat? He's leading the championship! I can understand people saying its annoying how all these non F1 fans are watching the sport just to see Lewis win and thinking he's the best thing ever. I know he's not that but he's damn quick and a great overtaker
I beg to differ! Hamilton lead Australia after he had no challenges. His team mate didnt challenge him, and he was quite capable. He also blocked Kimi I believe on one of the safety car restarts.

And lewis cannot overtake! He could not get past webber to save his life. And I know sepang isnt so easy to overtake on, but the power in that car compared to Redbullis a no brainer. The pit straight is more than enough for the power of that car to overtake the Redbull, and theres no way in hell you could say that McLarens paced dropped so far down the road that Redbull was better.

I mean, we saw Alonso and Heidfield overtake Coulthard, and for godsake the R28 isnt that fast, and Heidfeld was faster than both, faster than the McLarens, and got past him easy.

Maybe if McLaren didnt screw up with 07, Alonso would have show hamilton how to overtake a car and slingshot out of the last turn.

And on topic, I dislike lewis. ITV's Hamilton family show on saturday and sundays, and the person himself makes me dislike him. And he isnt as fantastic a racer as hes made out to be, infact i dont think hes that good at all.

I also disliked Wurz, he just irritated me. But I genuinely like the field aside from them guys.
I didnt mind Montoya nor Speed either. And i quite liked Liuzzi.

marty
kart driver
kart driver

Post by marty » 01 Apr 2008, 06:31

mikhailv wrote: And lewis cannot overtake! He could not get past webber to save his life. And I know sepang isnt so easy to overtake on, but the power in that car compared to Redbullis a no brainer. The pit straight is more than enough for the power of that car to overtake the Redbull, and theres no way in hell you could say that McLarens paced dropped so far down the road that Redbull was better.
so hamilton beat alonso 2 times world champ in the exact same machinery last year
you base your conclusion that hamilton cant pass on 1 race....
how many places did hamilton make up on the start..... passing people

i found this one of him in gp2 looks like he can pass ok if you ask me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b8D0g0S ... re=related

then there is this from michael schumacher a 7 times world champ i think it would be pretty fair to say he would have a better idea than you of what makes a champion f1 driver

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq8q1g6a ... re=related

also lets not forget japan where in the rain (which we all know shows the boy from the men) he smashed everyone with multiple safety car periods also kimi was awesome there aswell and we all know how good he is

Radial
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Radial » 01 Apr 2008, 08:57

I haven't liked schumacher for his arrogance, how he made the team favour him massively and his tactics (cheating sometimes).

I liked Alonso heaps, he was my favourite, but last year he did numerous silly things that someone like a 2x World champ shouldn't so i don't like him as much.

Also i have to say i can't stand Hamilton. He has worked for his spot, but i think others have been more deserving of his drive. Although it would be hard with pressure in a top team such as mclaren, I still think people that have been in F1 longer like Webber/Button and even Fisichella could do better in that seat.
___---Radial---___

koinek
kart driver
kart driver

Post by koinek » 01 Apr 2008, 09:06

At the moment it is Hamilton. His arrogance last year and through pre-season has been majorly off-putting.

I especially recall him declaring himself team leader and saying the team would rally around him in january.

I'm glad that Heikki is kicking ass and taking the fight to him.

marty
kart driver
kart driver

Post by marty » 01 Apr 2008, 09:08

Radial wrote: Also i have to say i can't stand Hamilton. He has worked for his spot, but i think others have been more deserving of his drive. Although it would be hard with pressure in a top team such as mclaren, I still think people that have been in F1 longer like Webber/Button and even Fisichella could do better in that seat.
well obviously webber/button/fisi havent worked hard enough or havent created the same types of opportunities

thats the way it works you can be the greatest hidden talent in the world but if you havent worked harder than the other guy or created enough of the right opportunities then you wont be in a top team or maybee they see themselfs as being in a team they can build up to something special ala button

thats the way it is with anything in life there isnt any point in wynging that you dont have the best car

why do you think schumacher was so domminant over so many years because he worked harder than everyone else

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 01 Apr 2008, 16:24

marty wrote:
mikhailv wrote: And lewis cannot overtake! He could not get past webber to save his life. And I know sepang isnt so easy to overtake on, but the power in that car compared to Redbullis a no brainer. The pit straight is more than enough for the power of that car to overtake the Redbull, and theres no way in hell you could say that McLarens paced dropped so far down the road that Redbull was better.
so hamilton beat alonso 2 times world champ in the exact same machinery last year
you base your conclusion that hamilton cant pass on 1 race....
how many places did hamilton make up on the start..... passing people

i found this one of him in gp2 looks like he can pass ok if you ask me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b8D0g0S ... re=related

then there is this from michael schumacher a 7 times world champ i think it would be pretty fair to say he would have a better idea than you of what makes a champion f1 driver

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq8q1g6a ... re=related

also lets not forget japan where in the rain (which we all know shows the boy from the men) he smashed everyone with multiple safety car periods also kimi was awesome there aswell and we all know how good he is
Well a better idea of what makes a Champ F1 driver, would NOT to back your opinion up with GP2, because the level of competition is nothing on par with Formula 1. Its a complete different thing for formula 1, on par with GP2, the whole thing is just not comparable, because the machines are so different.

And he did 2 good manouveurs at the start of the first 2 races, same with sepang this year. But he himself, didnt actually overtake persay, he let the others fight there battles and snuck throught the gap they made when there working hard wheel-to-wheel.

Lewis hasnt gone wheel to wheel yet. And Indianopolis with Alonso, was c**p, because Alonso was fractionally quicker, but couldnt overtake him because Hamilton kept blocking him when Alonso would have been able to pass.

And if you mention Monza and his overtake on Kimi, your an idiot. Kimi did not fight back at all, and lewis nearly took both Massa and Alonso out at the start. Kimi's neck injury saw him not to give a damn about Hamilton. He was the smart one and raced for points, not for top spot like in China, where lewis got a well deserved comeuppance.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 01 Apr 2008, 17:53

palmer wrote:
phil1993 wrote:i don't know why so many people dislike hamilton. He is good for the sport as there is so much more income because of people (particularly in Britain) supporting him. He and drivers such as Kubica and in the future probably Grosjean and other current f1 drivers such as Sutil, Glock and Piquet will give the sport a new image and should force out slower drivers such as Coulthard and Barrichello, who feel assured of a drive, when lets face it, they're not gonna win a championship and are highly unlikely to win a race.
Hamilton and Montoya i dislike, however i think your bang on with Hamilton, Kubica, and Grosjean and the others being the future of the sport. Coulthard and Barrichello need to hang up their helmets, they're just taking up space on the track. I think Wurz was smart and realized that, and got out. Hes better giving his testing knowledge to the team while giving a good young racer a shot. Although Honda seem to think Rubens is still a top end driver. :huh:
Rubens is a nice guy, but he seemed like 6th place (AUS), (then disqualification) was an amazing result and never answered any possible questions of an exclusion, almost ignoring the reporters, basking in the glory of 3 points, not very sporting

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 01 Apr 2008, 17:59

I don't hate any of the drivers, but I do hate the people in this thread that have un-justified hates for some of the drivers.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 01 Apr 2008, 18:01

Fergie1 wrote:I don't hate any of the drivers, but I do hate the people in this thread that have un-justified hates for some of the drivers.
i agree. you cant just say: 'i hate hamilton coz he is not worthy of the drive', or 'i hate coulthard coz hes old' etc.