Bernie to push for points system change

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
martinez
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Re: Bernie to push for points system change

Post by martinez » 27 Oct 2007, 19:58

I dont think bernie is right. all the drivers would push for a win out there if they had the speed. the lack of overtaking is down to the aerodynamics now and no one is passing cos they get into the "dirty" air.

I dont think the point system is the reason there is less overtaking...

I do like this point system people are coming up with though :T:@

1. 12
2. 8
3. 6
4. 5
5. 4
6. 3
7. 2
8. 1
Martinez 10

Dazz
car driver
car driver

Post by Dazz » 25 Mar 2008, 20:01

Bernie's latest idea of having the most wins deciding a championship seems like a complete joke. What do you guys think???

maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by maltafan » 25 Mar 2008, 20:17

I think they are more looking for reliability, giving out penalties for replacement of engines and gearboxes. Therefore they should not determine a big difference in points between the to 8.

macel
car driver
car driver

Post by macel » 26 Mar 2008, 04:21

yeah, I think the point system needs an overhaul.. 12-8-6 is probably the best bet, but then I'd also like to give a point for the fastest lap, that should be enough to keep everyone driving instead of sparing engines and just coasting along.

hokc77
car driver
car driver

Post by hokc77 » 26 Mar 2008, 12:21

Isn't it ironic?

The point systems was changed because Schumi was winning too many races and the points gap between drivers were too large. Now they are complaining the gap between drivers are too small. :huh:

I remember reading a comment in F1 Racing magazine, don't remember who said it, "pay the drivers by the number of points they got and races won, instead of a fat contract, then you'll see some serious racing"

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 26 Mar 2008, 14:33

Dazz wrote:Bernie's latest idea of having the most wins deciding a championship seems like a complete joke. What do you guys think???
I actually think that it's a good idea. I really don't like the trend nowadays which is totally concentrated on reliability and it doesn't tell much about the drivers' speed. Or then we should revert back to the old system which only accounted a certain amount of best results with each driver.

F1 should be about top speeds and great fights. Engines blow every now and then, but it's annoying if that kind of things prevent the real fighters from winning the championship and then others can just cruise to the victory without really doing anything.

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 26 Mar 2008, 17:39

moving the top finisher points from 10 to 12 would be fair enough, i also remember kimi @ 2003 almost winning the championship with just 1 win and michael with i think 6 or 7, only 2 points separated the pair after the season came to a close. kimi also hauled lots of 2nd place finishes. :nosweat: :cheezy: