Whats going through Alonzo's mind after round one

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
aussiepete
kart driver
kart driver

Re: Whats going through Alonzo's mind after round one

Post by aussiepete » 22 Mar 2008, 02:07

there is a high element of luck in F1 i think he should keep his chin up and wait for some opportunities to present themselves- What I dont understand about alonso is that he has basically just given up this season- after seeing him overtake the mclarens and ferraris he should be in with a chance -

Manny6
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Manny6 » 22 Mar 2008, 14:24

shibin wrote:
phil1993 wrote:
only a bit of regret. he'd prefer to be Renault No1 than McLaren No2
agreed!

it is dificult esp for a former world champion to be the no2 driver.. imagine schumy being no2 to massa (if that is even possible)

well u really can't compare him to schumy thats automatic where ever he goes he earned it. Alonzo was the one with all the experience and was proven he could have still function under the radar and won the championship, but no his number one goal became dirverting the attention from hamilton to him since flav give him all the attention he needs. he self distructed and missed out on a excelent car to be number one at renualt those days were gone and he had moved on no sense coming back when you said good bye for something better I don't get it. :huh:

Manny6
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Manny6 » 22 Mar 2008, 14:28

cknopp wrote:I seriously cannot see Ferrari picking up Alonso over Vettel. ESPECIALLY if Kimi is still going to be in his seat.

Can you imagine Kimi just casually walking up to Alonso while he is whining to the media, and asking if Alonso wants him to call him a cab to go home...

I don't think that they would get along very well, and Ferrari have better choices I feel.

Chris

I think you are correct ferrari, know how much Mclaren wants vettel and they all know he can drive and he is very young..they will choose him over alonzo and his bad attitude self with no problem to pair with kimi.. I really think massa is history when his contract is up he is still making mistakes of a typical 2nd - 3rd year driver

Manny6
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Manny6 » 22 Mar 2008, 14:30

aussiepete wrote:there is a high element of luck in F1 i think he should keep his chin up and wait for some opportunities to present themselves- What I dont understand about alonso is that he has basically just given up this season- after seeing him overtake the mclarens and ferraris he should be in with a chance -

I do give it to him he know how to play the role of distracting the media from whats really going on..I wont be surprise if the car gets better towards the end of the season, then he decides to stay

dumpsterdiver
car driver
car driver

Post by dumpsterdiver » 23 Mar 2008, 02:37

I don't think there's too much regret. Did you see how gleeful he was after the race, when he was asked about passing back Heikki right in front of the Mc pits? He hates Mc too much to wish he were still there.

patronius
car driver
car driver

Post by patronius » 23 Mar 2008, 02:50

I think alonso will enjoy the challenge of not being in a winning car, but not for long.
I can't see him being content with not being on the podium let alone not winning races.
Patronius

Iceman_PR
car driver
car driver

Post by Iceman_PR » 23 Mar 2008, 17:45

Well, at least I don't have to deal with Fisi anymore!

metalhead188
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by metalhead188 » 23 Mar 2008, 18:43

why did i come back is all he is thinking until he sees his paycheck and then is content to continue

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 23 Mar 2008, 19:18

Iceman_PR wrote:Well, at least I don't have to deal with Fisi anymore!
that wasnt much of a problem though was it??

rudy87
car driver
car driver

Post by rudy87 » 24 Mar 2008, 10:25

I think that Alonso wait a car in Ferrari/Bmw2008(performance) team and I hope He would have it ! :roll::

J_one
car driver
car driver

Post by J_one » 24 Mar 2008, 18:38

The season has just began. Alonso has a strong focus that has allowed him to earn points in both races. I think the R28 is still recovering from last season due to the tire changes. I would love to see him bring renault back to the front row, but ferrari and mclaren are and have been very competitive for many years.

Formula one is evoving from the oldschool thought of number 1 and 2 drivers to an equal platform for each teams drivers regaurdless of experience. Alonso is like the last of old schoolers. He prolly thought he was going to be the leader at mclaren and lead the team. He prolly didn't expect to be out performed by his rookie teamate at mclaren and now fernando needs to settle down and do what he did at the begining of his career, win races. Hopefully team renault has the resources to allow him to do this.

friskshingo
car driver
car driver

Post by friskshingo » 25 Mar 2008, 02:13

Alonso knows that he made the right decision. He may not be fast as last year, but i'm pretty sure he feel smore comfortable with what he has right now than before. He has a 2 year contract with Renault, so after his term, I think he will go to BMW or maybe even back to Mclaren, when ron dennis is out of the picture ( since we know for a fact that he's quitting soon)

Suntrek
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Suntrek » 25 Mar 2008, 03:18

dumpsterdiver wrote:I don't think there's too much regret. Did you see how gleeful he was after the race, when he was asked about passing back Heikki right in front of the Mc pits? He hates Mc too much to wish he were still there.
True, but did you also see how gleeful (no, wrong word - "hysterically overjoyed" is better) Ron Dennis was after Heikki's first pass? :blink:

Alonso was merely responding the the hate that Ron Dennis feels for him, he saw the whole thing on the track screens.

And no, I don't think he for a second regrets that he walked out of that horrible team, even if he has to drive a Super Aguri for the rest of his career.
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

falstar
car driver
car driver

Post by falstar » 25 Mar 2008, 10:47

He must be dissapointed now, but it's beggining of the whole season.
Maybe he will look for seat in BMW next year ?? (I hope he will drive with Kubica there :roll:: )

Dazz
car driver
car driver

Post by Dazz » 25 Mar 2008, 18:44

It is still early in the season. Renault might b able 2 turn it around and start to look competitive. Alonso then may stay there for the rest of his career and become an 8 times world champion... okay maybe not hehe