2008 Formula 1 Petronas Malaysian Grand Prix

bling
car driver
car driver

Re: 2008 Formula 1 Petronas Malaysian Grand Prix

Post by bling » 22 Mar 2008, 15:19

Unless there will be rain, expect it to be a lonely race for two red cars up front (if the can keep them running that is)

Although going impressively strong in qualifying, I don't think Trulli can follow the cars in front of him. However I can well imagine him blocking everything behind him, at least up to his first pit. By then expect the Italian cars to have pulled miles away, being some 2-3 seconds a lap faster regarding a Toyota having to fend off the BMW's...

Just hope I am wrong…

sostos
kart driver
kart driver

Post by sostos » 22 Mar 2008, 15:24

The Malaysian GP in Hi-Definition 720p

For those of you who want to watch the Malaysian GP n Hi-Definition 720p tune in here
Intelsat 10-02 & Thor 2/3 (1.0°W)
Frequency: 11528 - Pol: V - SR: 13333 - FEC: 7/8
Category: Sport - Formule 1
Transmitted in: MPEG-2 4:2:0 (PAL)
Comments: Malaysian GP (HD TV)
English Commentary :thumbsup:
And it's free to air broadcast! :shhh:

Chubbs
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Chubbs » 22 Mar 2008, 15:26

sostos how do we get that??

Ladlamd
car driver
car driver

Post by Ladlamd » 22 Mar 2008, 15:43

I can sense a red wash tomorrow! !yahoo: Flag:##

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 22 Mar 2008, 15:45

Ladlamd wrote:I can sense a red wash tomorrow! !yahoo: Flag:##
Yeah, bogged down in the clourful wet gravel

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 22 Mar 2008, 16:01

DISGUSTING, not going to watch live, will watch the replay or something, this is absolutely fantastic, raikkonen gets nothing for the saem or worse, and Macca gets penalized very very hard!! Doesn't make any sense :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

Suntrek
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Suntrek » 22 Mar 2008, 18:27

joostlamers wrote:DISGUSTING, not going to watch live, will watch the replay or something, this is absolutely fantastic, raikkonen gets nothing for the saem or worse, and Macca gets penalized very very hard!! Doesn't make any sense :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
I think Macca got off very lightly, MS was demoted to the back of the grid for impeding other drivers on their last flyer in Q3.

And at least MS had parked off the racing line.
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The Immortal Dragon
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by The Immortal Dragon » 22 Mar 2008, 18:49

HamiltonF1 wrote:
The Immortal Dragon wrote:who was saying that Ferrari were already in doldrums?
The Australian GP has been only a bad weekend for Ferrari, but now they are back at the top of the table. Flag:##

Good decision by FIA Stewarts to penalise Hamilton and Kovalainen 'cause what they did was both dangerous and incorrect.
I bet you wouldn't say it if it would be the 2 ferrari's.

Anyway what Mclaren did was a bit stupid but ah well maybe we will see a good race now.
If the 2 Ferrari's would have done the same stupid thing the 2 Mc's did, it would have no problem at all saying that they acted stupidly.
I don't enjoy only if Ferrari win, I enjoy F1 and this is shown by the fact that I enjoyed last sunday even if Raikkonen and Massa were doing a mess together with the Ferrari's engines and I enjoyed incredibly Nurbungring last year, when Raikkonen retired and Alonso won in front of Massa.

So, if the 2 Ferrari's would be in Mc's place right now, it would say they have been stupid in the same way I say Heikki and Lewis were.
2000 - San Marino (Friday)
2001 - San Marino (Saturday)
2003 - Italy (Sunday)
2008 - Great Britain (Sunday)
2009 - Great Britain (Friday)
2010 - Great Britain (Sunday)
2011 - Belgium (Sunday)
2012 - Germany (Friday, Saturday, Sunday)

Lilellatho
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Lilellatho » 22 Mar 2008, 19:16

joostlamers wrote:DISGUSTING, not going to watch live, will watch the replay or something, this is absolutely fantastic, raikkonen gets nothing for the saem or worse, and Macca gets penalized very very hard!! Doesn't make any sense :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
How can you not make sense of the whole situation? :blink: It was clear for everyone to see that the Macca's were the only cars out of the ones crawling to the pits that were on the racing line. Did you even look at the photos or videos? And yes, I would say the same if a Ferrari or Super Aguri or whoever were involved, if that's your question.
And btw, Heikki should have gotten a 10 place penalty for blocking Alonso also. So I should just ignore that because he's one of my fave drivers? :roll::

And yet again you bring the Australia Q1 argument. You're really desperate, aren't you? :roll:: Kubica still had about 10 min to do a lap in that session, while Heidfeld and Alonso were on their last flying laps! :wave: If you can't see the difference, then I'm sory to say, but you really are just a blind fanboy.

Chubbs
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Chubbs » 22 Mar 2008, 19:22

Lilellatho wrote:
How can you not make sense of the whole situation? :blink: It was clear for everyone to see that the Macca's were the only cars out of the ones crawling to the pits that were on the racing line. Did you even look at the photos or videos? And yes, I would say the same if a Ferrari or Super Aguri or whoever were involved, if that's your question.
And btw, Heikki should have gotten a 10 place penalty for blocking Alonso also. So I should just ignore that because he's one of my fave drivers? :roll::

And yet again you bring the Australia Q1 argument. You're really desperate, aren't you? :roll:: Kubica still had about 10 min to do a lap in that session, while Heidfeld and Alonso were on their last flying laps! :wave: If you can't see the difference, then I'm sory to say, but you really are just a blind fanboy.
i agree with you on the whole, however, whether kubica was blocked on their last lap or their first, it should still be treated in the same method!

i think they should just stop using race fuel and let them do low fuel runs so we really see whos fastest and no strategy comes into it!

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 22 Mar 2008, 19:29

Chubbs wrote:
Lilellatho wrote:

i agree with you on the whole, however, whether kubica was blocked on their last lap or their first, it should still be treated in the same method!

i think they should just stop using race fuel and let them do low fuel runs so we really see whos fastest and no strategy comes into it!
yeah, agreed. Q1/2 OR 3, hindering a flying lap should be penalised or not penalised. They should bring in some sort of new rule to eradicate a recurrance

aussiepete
kart driver
kart driver

Post by aussiepete » 22 Mar 2008, 19:35

IM looking maybe for some surprises in this one I hope hami and kovi take alonso quickly and then maybe hunt down the red pack

Lilellatho
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Lilellatho » 22 Mar 2008, 19:48

Chubbs wrote: i think they should just stop using race fuel and let them do low fuel runs so we really see whos fastest and no strategy comes into it!
Totally agree with that and I've said it before. The new quali system is just plain stupid. Just let the top 10 nominate the amount of fuel they want for the races before Q3 begins and then let them do all the laps they want (and can fit in those 10 min) on low fuel. Then we would have the show of real quali and also some uncertainty for the race.
I wonder if those suits from the FIA think these thing through or they just pull them out of theis a** :tired:
Last edited by Lilellatho on 22 Mar 2008, 19:53, edited 1 time in total.

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 22 Mar 2008, 19:50

Lilellatho wrote:

i'll add something regarding Australian gp, Kubica didn't appeal so no the point in talking about it.

Anyways, i think q3 rules bit messy fia needs take look @ them.
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dark_Fisico » 22 Mar 2008, 20:19

I think the penalty is fair. The punishments for blocking in Quali have been strange since the start, one driver being penalised for something another did and didn't get penalised for and people being penalised for a block that really wasn't a block. But its the way F1 is. A situation can look different to everyone, a fan will hardly be happy with a penalty and will see the situation in a different light as someone from a rival team and a neutral will have yet another view on it altogther.

The McLarens were on the racing line and as far as I could see there weren't any other car on the racing line. But there should be a rule about how fast the cars should be, and the drivers should use their common sense about were they are after their lap. If it happened to Hamilton or Kovy you can bet that Macca would be complaining and looking for penalities. The BMW's are fast, a block is a block and Nick feels like he was blocked.