Which TV-channel do you watch for Formula 1 ?

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.

Which TV-channel do you watch for Formula 1 ?

Premiere
1%
ITV
24%
ESPN Star Sports
8%
Speed
23%
TV Globo
3%
RAI
1%
Fuji TV
No votes
RTL 7
7%
Fox Sports
4%
TV3
1%
TSR
No votes
DStv
1%
other
28%

Total votes: 117

Manny6
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Re: Which TV-channel do you watch for Formula 1 ?

Post by Manny6 » 22 Mar 2008, 00:21

color wrote:
Silver Shadow wrote:and Speed has their own commentary, which I think are more entertaining than ITV...
I'm in the USA - Speed TV only/couple races by FOX (which owns Speed TV). There is no other option.

I agree - Speed TV commentary is quite a good quality one. And I know what I'm talking about - I used to live in Germany, GB and France in tha past.

never knew fox owns speed TV..that explains why the races was on fox last year

Manny6
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Manny6 » 22 Mar 2008, 00:26

weswhise wrote:I don't understand why races and quali are not available on the internet in the U.S. You can watch just about any other TV program online or iTunes.

you know soon as uncle sam and his friends finds out a group of people really like somthing
they put it in a hard to reach place so they can make a lot of money out of them
Speed is only given on digital cable now and only some packages on dish and direct tv carries it.
it really sucks

cknopp
car driver
car driver

Post by cknopp » 22 Mar 2008, 00:39

Manny6 wrote:
weswhise wrote:I don't understand why races and quali are not available on the internet in the U.S. You can watch just about any other TV program online or iTunes.

you know soon as uncle sam and his friends finds out a group of people really like somthing
they put it in a hard to reach place so they can make a lot of money out of them
Speed is only given on digital cable now and only some packages on dish and direct tv carries it.
it really sucks
Does anyone know if Speed HD is showing the races in HD?

Chris

Motorsportfan243
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Motorsportfan243 » 22 Mar 2008, 00:57

Manny6 wrote:
color wrote:
Silver Shadow wrote:and Speed has their own commentary, which I think are more entertaining than ITV...
I'm in the USA - Speed TV only/couple races by FOX (which owns Speed TV). There is no other option.

I agree - Speed TV commentary is quite a good quality one. And I know what I'm talking about - I used to live in Germany, GB and France in tha past.

never knew fox owns speed TV..that explains why the races was on fox last year
Didn't there use to be races on CBS a couple of years ago, too?

dave074
car driver
car driver

Post by dave074 » 22 Mar 2008, 02:09

cknopp wrote:
Motorsportfan243 wrote:Speed. There coverage is very good. We have great commentators. I've listened to Itv's coverage before. Hearing James Allen talk about Lewis Hamilton like he's God pissed me off after a while, and I'm sure people from the UK get sick of it too. Just wish maybe for a little more F1 programming on Speed, but I'm pleased with what we have.
SpeedTV still has that boy stalker Peter Windsor that shines Hammy's knob any chance he can, while poking at every other team as if he is a major player in the paddock. He quite honestly makes me nauseous!

Chris
i agree, windsor is a bit of a tool, he seems to have gotten worse since last year. he seems to have a way of pissing off a good percentage of the people he interviews on the grid.
“Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games.” -Ernest Hemingway

rjbmd
car driver
car driver

Post by rjbmd » 22 Mar 2008, 12:21

F1 must own everything in the world!!! It seems the most exciting F1 is not anywhere to be found after the original airing, and maybe, if I'm lucky, a rebroadcast. I missed Malaysia qualifying last night and I hate that!

hokc77
car driver
car driver

Post by hokc77 » 22 Mar 2008, 12:57

In Malaysia, we used to have live ITV coverage on free TV. Then from last year, only ESPN on pay TV had live coverage while ITV were shown as delayed at night. Same as this year..bummer :<>:

The ESPN coverage really sucks. Too many mistakes, too many ads, not much information and they are just repeating whatever it is on the TV anyway. And that Steve Slater, he was so openly favoring Hamilton that his commentary was 100% biased. :evil:

reprep
car driver
car driver

Post by reprep » 22 Mar 2008, 13:10

well i live in The Netherlands and I watch the dutch channel RTL 7 and at the commerials i watch canvas (belgium) or RTL (Germany)

Dazz
car driver
car driver

Post by Dazz » 25 Mar 2008, 19:31

I watch it on ITV which is good. Although the ad breaks every 15mins r annoying. Lukily it's gonna be on BBC soon so that is good :)

kingjamie
kart driver
kart driver

Post by kingjamie » 25 Mar 2008, 20:50

ITV, but BBC next year. Have British F1 fans heard this interview with Bernie (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp ... 306123.stm), next year we could have "Premiere style" Bernie TV next year for the with the licence fee and no adverts, how fantastic.

tonexir
car driver
car driver

Post by tonexir » 25 Mar 2008, 21:18

More importantly lose James Allen and get Ben Edwards in fast! F1 on the BBC, who'd have thought it especially after ITV spent £3 million for internet rights to show practice on Fridays only to have the whole sport taken from them 6 days later- amazing!

simon91
kart driver
kart driver

Post by simon91 » 26 Mar 2008, 12:38

tonexir wrote:More importantly lose James Allen and get Ben Edwards in fast! F1 on the BBC, who'd have thought it especially after ITV spent £3 million for internet rights to show practice on Fridays only to have the whole sport taken from them 6 days later- amazing!
But the British something minister or so has now protested against that decision from the BBC because they spend 20 million in F1, but refused to spend 3 millions in Scottish football matches.

syafiqa
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by syafiqa » 26 Mar 2008, 14:28

I live in Malaysia. In my college I prefer to watch my government television channel which is tv1. And if I in holiday, I go back home. Then I choose to watch the payment television channel which is astro, ESPN star sport. :roll::

antti
Donator
Donator

Post by antti » 26 Mar 2008, 18:47

I live in Finland and there I watch on MTV3 MAX.

KimiFan88
kart driver
kart driver

Post by KimiFan88 » 27 Mar 2008, 00:42

I have to watch the free practice sessions on DSF because it's the only channel that shows them (since I don't have Premiere), but I watch the qualifyings and races on RTL.