2008 Formula 1 Petronas Malaysian Grand Prix

Burgerlim
kart driver
kart driver

Re: 2008 Formula 1 Petronas Malaysian Grand Prix

Post by Burgerlim » 22 Mar 2008, 08:32

Wow, another typical red vs silver at the starting of the grid.. :tired:
really hope trulli has more fuel in his car...
but quite pleased with heikki... on top of Hamilton.. though... :thumbsup:

kally
car driver
car driver

Post by kally » 22 Mar 2008, 08:51

yap. it's great to see heikki in top3 :cool:

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 22 Mar 2008, 09:23

McLaren drivers summoned by stewards
McLaren drivers Lewis Hamilton and Heikki Kovalainen have been called to see the race stewards at Sepang after Nick Heidfeld and Fernando Alonso complained that they had been blocked at the end of qualifying.
We'll see...

palino
kart driver
kart driver

Post by palino » 22 Mar 2008, 09:41

Massa will win the race

1. Massa
2. Raikkonen
3.Kovalainen
4. Hamilton
5. Kubica
6. Alonso
7. Trulli
8. Webber

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 22 Mar 2008, 10:17

Ferrari way to fast, don't cry about the McLarens blocking, Kimi didn't got punished for blocking Kubica in Australia, so if they penalise Heikki and Lewis, it would be... DISGUSTING
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

Mitsuro Sano
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Mitsuro Sano » 22 Mar 2008, 10:27

joostlamers wrote:Ferrari way to fast, don't cry about the McLarens blocking, Kimi didn't got punished for blocking Kubica in Australia, so if they penalise Heikki and Lewis, it would be... DISGUSTING
I'm not totally agree with you, because in Australia, the incident didn't affect Kubica's position on the grid but Heidfeld was on his last flying lap, he could do better I think if the Maccas didn't "block" him. But it's a bit weird what happened at the end of Q3 because I feel that Massa, Raikkonen, Kubica, Webber, Hamilton and Kovi all thought that the session was over :blink:

alin
kart driver
kart driver

Post by alin » 22 Mar 2008, 10:30

it looks to me that massa is lighter than the others; here are the differences for the top 10 drivers between Q2 and Q3:

Massa +1.336
Raikkonen +2.042
Kovalainen +1.854
Hamilton +2.082
Trulli +1.886
Kubica +1.916
Heidfeld +2.105
Webber +2.042
Alonso +3.310
Glock +3.656

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 22 Mar 2008, 10:31

Mitsuro Sano wrote:
joostlamers wrote:Ferrari way to fast, don't cry about the McLarens blocking, Kimi didn't got punished for blocking Kubica in Australia, so if they penalise Heikki and Lewis, it would be... DISGUSTING
I'm not totally agree with you, because in Australia, the incident didn't affect Kubica's position on the grid but Heidfeld was on his last flying lap, he could do better I think if the Maccas didn't "block" him. But it's a bit weird what happened at the end of Q3 because I feel that Massa, Raikkonen, Kubica, Webber, Hamilton and Kovi all thought that the session was over :blink:
Hiedfeld was as fast as Hamilton in first and second sector, he blew it in the last sector... What do you say about that?
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

Mitsuro Sano
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Mitsuro Sano » 22 Mar 2008, 10:39

nothing :wink:
I didn't pay attention to his time on the first 2 sectors....
But it will be sad if both McLarens are penalized, it will blow a Ferrari-McLaren battle!

:wave:

syafiqa
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by syafiqa » 22 Mar 2008, 10:43

Its nice to see the red dominant for the front row of race tomorrow. As malaysian n as big fans of ferraris expecially kimi, its pleased to see both of them (massa n kimi) starting the race in front of mclarens drivers. But I'm predicted rains for tomorrow, bcoz now rain season at many places in my country, especially in the afternoon presumably the rains fall late in the evening.

As we can see in the qualifying session today, the cloud was gloomy and dark, the rain might fall anytime. Malaysia is the country with hot and wet climate all the year. The weather are difficult to predicted.It could be so hot n also it could be so wet for certain of period.

If rain fall tomorrow, during the race. I'm sure its very tough n unpredictable race. Moreover, without a traction control. Its more difficult to control the car. N i'm sure there are also the driver that will please if the rain fall tomorrow. I think alonso is better race in the wet condition. Then, it will give him more chance to gain advantage from that kind of condition.

We will see tomorrow race.. :thumbsup:

alin
kart driver
kart driver

Post by alin » 22 Mar 2008, 10:46

joostlamers wrote:
Mitsuro Sano wrote:
Hiedfeld was as fast as Hamilton in first and second sector, he blew it in the last sector... What do you say about that?
I think this shouldn't change the fact that he was slowed down by the two mclarens; the race stewards have to judge only that situation - and, I'm sorry to say that, but hamilton and kovalainen were not supposed to be on the racing line and going that slowly... when hamilton saw heidfeld past him, he immediately change the line knowing he made something wrong.

Burn-out
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Burn-out » 22 Mar 2008, 10:47

joostlamers wrote:
Mitsuro Sano wrote:
"Was as fast?" Gee, I just wet my boxers here dude :p , so Nick blew his own chances? ...of course by the help of the Maccas, wtg bradah!!
The juice is worth the squeeze

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 22 Mar 2008, 11:05

you can witness the videos too :p :nosweat:

On n On
Heikki: I have to nothing to apologyse, I was on the right side of the track

ROFL
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

aussiepete
kart driver
kart driver

Post by aussiepete » 22 Mar 2008, 11:12

palino wrote:Massa will win the race

1. Massa
2. Raikkonen
3.Kovalainen
4. Hamilton
5. Kubica
6. Alonso
7. Trulli
8. Webber
I dont think its such a good idea to speculate so definitively - remember that f1 is highly dependent on many variables including a large quantity of lady luck