gday from Australia!!

New to F1Zone.net? Why don't you introduce yourself to the community here
Lore4Sun
car driver
car driver

gday from Australia!!

Post by Lore4Sun » 18 Mar 2008, 00:11

hey there friends!!

just going over some of the news from the Aussie grand prix weekend!!

been following the circus for 21 years now!! wow long time...

just gotta say i hope that ecclestone doesnt play the greed hand and cancel the aussie grand prix and give it to some souless promoter in some oil rich country who will do his bnidding unquestioning... i can see his greedy eyes looking at all the cash now...

Australia sets perhaps the highest standard in event management, TV, political stability, entertainment etc etc etc, gives F1 a good name. and we pay a s*** load of cash to hold the race, and now hes demanding that the organisers forgoe the best interests of the aussies who pay for it so that we can cater for europeans who dont like getting up to watch the race... unfortnuately for us down here we have to get up for almost all the races!!! eccelstones bullying is criminal and he might be selling more corporate images on racetracks than ever before but hes damaging the integrity of the sport!!

any way heres to a year of great racing and little politics!!

maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: gday from Australia!!

Post by maltafan » 18 Mar 2008, 16:20

Lore4Sun wrote:hey there friends!!

just going over some of the news from the Aussie grand prix weekend!!

been following the circus for 21 years now!! wow long time...

just gotta say i hope that ecclestone doesnt play the greed hand and cancel the aussie grand prix and give it to some souless promoter in some oil rich country who will do his bnidding unquestioning... i can see his greedy eyes looking at all the cash now...

Australia sets perhaps the highest standard in event management, TV, political stability, entertainment etc etc etc, gives F1 a good name. and we pay a s*** load of cash to hold the race, and now hes demanding that the organisers forgoe the best interests of the aussies who pay for it so that we can cater for europeans who dont like getting up to watch the race... unfortnuately for us down here we have to get up for almost all the races!!! eccelstones bullying is criminal and he might be selling more corporate images on racetracks than ever before but hes damaging the integrity of the sport!!

any way heres to a year of great racing and little politics!!
The problem is that most Europeans like to wake up at night to watch the race. It's just part of the fun.

My suspect is that he gets less money from TV sponsors for races during the night.

aussiepete
kart driver
kart driver

Re: gday from Australia!!

Post by aussiepete » 22 Mar 2008, 01:43

hey mate -Im with you on your point -who the F#@k does he think he is - killing the goose that lays the golden egg? its what makes f1 what it is - its this type of bullying that spoils the s#@t for everyone- if it aint broke dont f#@k with it -