2008 Formula 1 Petronas Malaysian Grand Prix

WilliamsToyotaF1
kart driver
kart driver

Re: 2008 Formula 1 Petronas Malaysian Grand Prix

Post by WilliamsToyotaF1 » 18 Mar 2008, 23:17

For me its still early to predict its only the second race but I think Mclaren are in front both for qualy and race Ferrari are not so confident at the moment they hope they wont have any more fuel pump problems BMW have performed well in Australia so they are looking good and also Williams have always had strong runs in the last years in Malaysia as for Toyota and Renault they are struggling a bit and I see them challenged by RBR and Honda. I thing if it will be a dry race we should see a result similar to Australia if the rain comes by we should have an interesting race as the outsiders may come in play

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 19 Mar 2008, 11:05

RaxiorDejavu
kart driver
kart driver

Post by RaxiorDejavu » 19 Mar 2008, 13:26

From rumors i get from paddock in australia, the ECU (Engine Control Unit) of all cars have been made by McLaren, Microsoft and FIA it self, so from there we can say tat the politics by McLaren to drop down the Ferrari has proofed. Ferrari had a reability issue with their engine which is not compatible with McLaren's ECU. And tat's why Ferrari little bit frustration because of the ECU. I hope Ferrari can build machine a little bit stronger then McLaren. And we'll see if the new nose of the Ferrari chassis will make Ferrari much faster in Bahrain. Go Ferrari !!!

morsus
kart driver
kart driver

Post by morsus » 19 Mar 2008, 13:39

Weather predictions .. :huh:

If no rain:
1. Kubica
2. Kimi
3. Lewis

Lots of rain:
1. Kubica
2. DNF
3. DNF

:p

NOTE: no special fan of kubica..but i do think he'll get this one.

Ladlamd
car driver
car driver

Post by Ladlamd » 19 Mar 2008, 16:08

Kubica is a strong contender, lets see what he can bring to the table on 23rd.

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 19 Mar 2008, 17:23

amraim wrote:Well, Kuala Lumpur isn't a good track for Ferrari. But as there is no traction control these young guns like Hamilton, Kovalainen etc. will have more problems in bahrain. Kimi knows how to drive without those features, as well as he never liked it. So he is my favorite for Kuala Lumpur.

1. Kimi Raikönnen
2. Louise Hamilton
3. Felippe Massa

5. Fernando Alonso
i think that is her sister :cheezy: just kiddin' !yahoo:
HamiltonF1 wrote:mclaren did outclase ferrari in 2007 because look at the many doubles they where better with 2 cars.
I agree....although Ferrari won both titles, overall McLaren were much deserving. If not for that spy scandal and some internal rifts within the team, they would have won both titles with a race or two remaining.

And what's strange, is Ferrari's reliability...they had issues last year, and this year it's already showing this early. Very rare in the past years, i guess it's just that.....only my opinion though :wave: :nosweat: :cool: :cheezy: !yahoo:

Jurist
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Jurist » 19 Mar 2008, 20:40

God, let Kimi win Malaysian GP 2008 :pray: Amen! Flag:##

dazmoffman
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by dazmoffman » 19 Mar 2008, 21:56

RaxiorDejavu wrote:From rumors i get from paddock in australia, the ECU (Engine Control Unit) of all cars have been made by McLaren, Microsoft and FIA it self, so from there we can say tat the politics by McLaren to drop down the Ferrari has proofed. Ferrari had a reability issue with their engine which is not compatible with McLaren's ECU. And tat's why Ferrari little bit frustration because of the ECU. I hope Ferrari can build machine a little bit stronger then McLaren. And we'll see if the new nose of the Ferrari chassis will make Ferrari much faster in Bahrain. Go Ferrari !!!

Wow what a load of c**p, 3 months of testing and no problems but when a failure arrives its a mclaren conspiracy (call the FBI).
i do not wish to insult you or any italian newspaper but how would of mclaren known which ecu's would end up in ferrari cars???????????????????

Ferrari need to grow up as i am getting fed up with all the name calling, worse than children in playground.... pathetic.
In Australia the prancing horse burst a blood vessel, get over it.

RaxiorDejavu
kart driver
kart driver

Post by RaxiorDejavu » 19 Mar 2008, 23:42

Yeah... McLaren Conspiracy. And i really hate tat...

Suntrek
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Suntrek » 20 Mar 2008, 01:35

RaxiorDejavu wrote:From rumors i get from paddock in australia, the ECU (Engine Control Unit) of all cars have been made by McLaren, Microsoft and FIA it self, so from there we can say tat the politics by McLaren to drop down the Ferrari has proofed. Ferrari had a reability issue with their engine which is not compatible with McLaren's ECU. And tat's why Ferrari little bit frustration because of the ECU. I hope Ferrari can build machine a little bit stronger then McLaren. And we'll see if the new nose of the Ferrari chassis will make Ferrari much faster in Bahrain. Go Ferrari !!!
First of all it's not Engine Control Unit, it's Electronics Control Unit. It doesn't to anything else but collect data from thousands of sensors in the engine, gearbox as well as lots of other places on the car and sends it back to the engineers.

Ferrari may have had some initial trouble to get it to work with their Magnelli sensors and set up the parameters for the ECU software to work properly with their own data programs, but so had many other teams, Renault for example. Ferrari may well still have technical problems with it, I don't know, but that's something they have to solve quickly, because the ECU is here to stay.

As much as I dislike McLaren, :<>: the ECU software is the same for all teams and open source, so even if they wanted to sabotage Ferrari they couldn't. FIA also log all activities from the ECU (as to make sure no one uses TC, for example) so if there was something fishy going on they'd find out immediately.
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Manny6
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Manny6 » 20 Mar 2008, 01:50

1. Hamilton
2. Kimi
3. Hiedfeld
4. Massa
5. kovy
6. Alonzo
7. kubica
8. Rosberg

Reason for this Hamilton is use to a lot of sliping and sliding he should have won in monaco last year
he can handle it

Manny6
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Manny6 » 20 Mar 2008, 01:53

Suntrek wrote:
First of all it's not Engine Control Unit, it's Electronics Control Unit. It doesn't to anything else but collect data from thousands of sensors in the engine, gearbox as well as lots of other places on the car and sends it back to the engineers.

Ferrari may have had some initial trouble to get it to work with their Magnelli sensors and set up the parameters for the ECU software to work properly with their own data programs, but so had many other teams, Renault for example. Ferrari may well still have technical problems with it, I don't know, but that's something they have to solve quickly, because the ECU is here to stay.

As much as I dislike McLaren, :<>: the ECU software is the same for all teams and open source, so even if they wanted to sabotage Ferrari they couldn't. FIA also log all activities from the ECU (as to make sure no one uses TC, for example) so if there was something fishy going on they'd find out immediately.

now I can buy that lets not forget all the teams tested the ECU's during winter

kaushal4u
car driver
car driver

Post by kaushal4u » 20 Mar 2008, 04:22

Kimi and ferrari will bounce back and take the chequerd flag...

syafiqa
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by syafiqa » 20 Mar 2008, 05:18

Yes..this weekend racing in my country. Hope kimi can perform well at this time.I'm looking forward.
Forza ferrari!! :shhh:

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 20 Mar 2008, 07:07

Suntrek wrote:First of all it's not Engine Control Unit, it's Electronics Control Unit. It doesn't to anything else but collect data from thousands of sensors in the engine, gearbox as well as lots of other places on the car and sends it back to the engineers.
8.2 Control electronics
8.2.1 All components of the engine and gearbox, including clutch, differential and all associated actuators must be controlled by an Electronic Control Unit (ECU) which has been manufactured by an FIA designated supplier to a specification determined by the FIA.

MES TAG310B

Code: Select all

http://www.mclarenelectronics.com/Products/All/unit_cont_TAG-310B.asp
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO