2008 FIA's ECUs

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
dacer
Donator
Donator

2008 FIA's ECUs

Post by dacer » 18 Mar 2008, 12:14

Here on spain, there are a lot of newspaper, that said, that a lot of problems on Melbourne may be caused by a bad ECU. Remember, that this year, all team uses same ECU, and this is developed by McLaren & Microsoft. The first, McLaren, has a "fair play" history behind them, so seems at least "courious". Microsft, ufff, I'm programer, and as newspaper said, teams are waiting for ECU SP1 (service pack 1).

What are newspaper on your country telling about it?

bleeding eye
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: 2008 FIA's ECUs

Post by bleeding eye » 18 Mar 2008, 12:26

Here in The Netherlands I din't read anything about it. but on TV after the race in the studio they said something like.
"Maybe Mclaren gave the other team an other ECU than they used for thimselfs".
Battles are won by those with the courage to believe.
They are won by those who find a heart, find a heart to share.

dacer
Donator
Donator

Post by dacer » 18 Mar 2008, 18:52

Marc Gene blog (ferrari tester driver) said that he was surprise because a lot of cars have problems. He said, that there are not a lot of mechanical updates since last year. But there are a lot of electronic updates, and seems that these is the problem.

I think, if next race, both McLaren finish, and both ferrari have engine problems, then, there will be a lot of blood with this ECU

sampras25
car driver
car driver

Post by sampras25 » 18 Mar 2008, 19:36

There was a small article on the internet about the ecu in relation to the engineproblem for both ferrari`s. This is the article: http://www.formule1nieuws.nl/modules/ne ... ryid=26857
The number of rumours on this subject is increasing, altough it stays a rumour.
In the article a spokesman from ferrari didn`t say that the problem should be searched in the fact that the ecu is from a company of the Mclaren Group. He compared it "like trying to work with windows on an Apple-computer".
So ferrari is not pointing to Mclaren, and i find that a proof of good sportsmanship.

Manny6
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Manny6 » 20 Mar 2008, 01:33

bleeding eye wrote:Here in The Netherlands I din't read anything about it. but on TV after the race in the studio they said something like.
"Maybe Mclaren gave the other team an other ECU than they used for thimselfs".
Mclaren does not pass out ECU's to the entire F1 body...that sound like they are sorting out a basket of ECU's
lets get real

Manny6
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Manny6 » 20 Mar 2008, 01:37

dacer wrote:Marc Gene blog (ferrari tester driver) said that he was surprise because a lot of cars have problems. He said, that there are not a lot of mechanical updates since last year. But there are a lot of electronic updates, and seems that these is the problem.

I think, if next race, both McLaren finish, and both ferrari have engine problems, then, there will be a lot of blood with this ECU

I can't buy that because these very same ECU's were tested during winter were they not, Ferrari ran millions of miles with them if this is real then they would have cought it...I can't buy Ferrari and the rest of the F1 teams would allow somthing in their cars with out testing it

macel
car driver
car driver

Post by macel » 25 Mar 2008, 14:34

I think the main issue with the new ECU was that it wasn't nearly as powerful as the ECU Ferrari used last year (Magnetti Marelli).. and of course there's the whole issue of it being manufactured by a McLaren subsidiary, McLaren isn't exactly the most trustworthy team in F1 anymore.

dacer
Donator
Donator

Post by dacer » 03 Apr 2008, 07:21

More news about, but now on f1 website

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2008/4/7577.html

marty
kart driver
kart driver

Post by marty » 03 Apr 2008, 07:39

Manny6 wrote:
dacer wrote:Marc Gene blog (ferrari tester driver) said that he was surprise because a lot of cars have problems. He said, that there are not a lot of mechanical updates since last year. But there are a lot of electronic updates, and seems that these is the problem.

I can't buy that because these very same ECU's were tested during winter were they not, Ferrari ran millions of miles with them if this is real then they would have cought it...I can't buy Ferrari and the rest of the F1 teams would allow somthing in their cars with out testing it
exactly x2

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 03 Apr 2008, 15:45

ECU were updated before aus gp!

iirc ...Honda reported some bugs.
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]