2008 Formula 1 ING Australian Grand Prix

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: 2008 Formula 1 ING Australian Grand Prix

Post by Ali » 16 Mar 2008, 07:08

iceman1 wrote:
Coulthard slams Massa for shunt
"Obviously Felipe is in a quicker car, but you've got to pass someone, you can't just ram into them," Coulthard said. "Obviously I had contact with Alex Wurz last year and I took responsibility for that incident and I'd expect Massa to take the responsibility too."
Coulthard was not that kind in this speech. I've heard what he said :wave:

Edit: I fear to compare what had happened between Coulthard and Wurz to what has happened between Coulthard and Massa. Coulthard's move was much more rush than Massa's.
Last edited by Ali on 16 Mar 2008, 07:11, edited 1 time in total.
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 16 Mar 2008, 07:09

Takeru wrote:I hadn't the chance to watch the race but I read that only 7 cars made it into the goal. What was going on there actually??
In short, accidents and safety cars. And of course bad reliability. Everyone who finished the race was a hero. :p

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 16 Mar 2008, 07:10

MTV3 MAX commentators blamed mostly Massa, but it was DC' fault :roll::

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 16 Mar 2008, 07:12

AzShadow wrote:
Takeru wrote:I hadn't the chance to watch the race but I read that only 7 cars made it into the goal. What was going on there actually??
In short, accidents and safety cars. And of course bad reliability. Everyone who finished the race was a hero. :p
Thanks to the lack of Traction Control
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

lapgellert
car driver
car driver

Post by lapgellert » 16 Mar 2008, 07:12

This race was fantastic. 7 pilots reached the finish line.Bourdais made a fantastic race, but the Ferrari engine was not the best in this weekend.Alonso had a very good race,and Rosberg was on podium.Superb race
DC didn t race the finish line since 2006, here in Australia.In 2007 he made a big mistake, but now he was unlucky.
Piquet didn t make a good weekend,but in 2007 Kovalainen made a similar weekend.
Honda scored 3 points in the first weekend. In 2007 the team scored the first point only in France.
STR made a superb weeekend, Vettel 9th on the grid, Bourdais 4th in the race, but he finished 8th..
I didn t see a similar race since Belgium 1998, but this race was not a wet race.
The start of the season is very good, and I wait so much the malaisian race
Last edited by lapgellert on 16 Mar 2008, 07:19, edited 1 time in total.

WilliamsToyotaF1
kart driver
kart driver

Post by WilliamsToyotaF1 » 16 Mar 2008, 07:14

Massa was frustrated for his disappointing race and wanted to pass DC by all means and another thing did you see how he parked the car deliberately in the middle of the track so as to try and get the SC back on track to help Raikkonen....

Total frustration for Massa Ferrari and Raikkonen :p :pray:

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 16 Mar 2008, 07:16

WilliamsToyotaF1 wrote:did you see how he parked the car deliberately in the middle of the track so as to try and get the SC back on track to help Raikkonen....
In the middle? Come on, it's not fair.

Lilellatho
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Lilellatho » 16 Mar 2008, 07:17

What a crazy race!!! :blink: Only 7 cars managed to finish the race. :blink:

First of all, congrats and a big round of applause for McLaren and Lewis, they did the job when other messed up. They have the fastest and the most reliable car out there and kudos to them for working hard on improving during the winter :thumbsup:

And a big round or applause for Ferrari and the big work they did this winter aswell in improving the car from last year. :thumbsup: 1sec/lap quicker and great reliability my a**. Two retirements because of mechanical problems and another expired Ferrari engine for Bourdais. Chapeau. And good job for that mind-blowing idea of pitting Kimi under safety car. Oh wait... :blink: Great things lie ahead of you this year, enjoy it...

Kimi botched it and I'm the first to admit it. Last year he was being accused of being a cruiser. Now he took some chances and he messed up.And twice. Ok, with Glock, that touch of grass can happen to anyone, but why did he feel he had to attack Kovalainen at a moment when he was third and still hadn't pitted? Until that moment, he was having a cracking race, being third after a great start and some good passes.
And why on earht didn't Ferrari pit him at the same time with Alonso and the others the previous lap? With the attrition in the race, he could still have finished 5th, but it wasn't meant to be because of that technical problem he had.

Oh, well, I'm sorry Kimi, it seems like you're going back to the McLaren reliability. Apparently, you won't get any peace of mind in this champ either and you will still have to fight to come from behind. That's just your luck, I guess :sad:
Start the bashing Kimi haters :tired:

Good job, BMW and Williams. Solid performances. :thumbsup: it seems that we finally have more than two teams at the top. Discreet performances all winter, but they did the job when it counted, unlike others...

Right now i'm having mixed emotions. Happy the championship is finally underway, but I'm also tired, bitter and very disappointed. Hope Malaysia will brind more satisfaction :tired:
Last edited by Lilellatho on 16 Mar 2008, 07:20, edited 1 time in total.

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 16 Mar 2008, 07:17

Definitely 'headache race for me' after sleepless night due to a1 quali (1.30 to 3.30am) :tired:

No TC rule has affected Ferrari engines the most and Interesting no Ferrari powered engine car came to finish line.At the start of race i spotted smoke from Massa's car :blink: (may be extra oil thing*).
But its certainly good that everything has happened in the first race itself so now ferrari can do some hard work and History says Australia was never Ferrari glorious track :|
Overall entertainment was OK.Great kimi stunts made it interesting for non ferrari fans :nosweat:

Im delighted for Nick & Williams !yahoo: and felt sorry for Torro Rosso drivers :(

As said before most consistent driver with better car won the race :|
Congrats to Mclaren supporter but watch out will hit back soon :shhh:

Expecting lot of basing from media :lol:

I was aware of probs with engine & gearbox so not surprise at all but didn't expect it so disastrous.Good Reality check ...
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

lucian
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by lucian » 16 Mar 2008, 07:18

To me it looks like the driver who's behind must make his best not to hit the car he tries to pass, so I only blame Massa for that incident.
About Kimi it's very hard to say what I think, I'm a bit shocked to see so many mistakes, but I assume it's just a rare situation and he'll do better next time. It's only the first race of the season and the car is quite difficult to set up perfectly.

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 16 Mar 2008, 07:19

Of course Massa tried to help Kimi. :p

But yeah, it would be nice to hear some comments from Ferrari. Like, did Kimi and Massa break the cars or would they have collapsed anyway?

Anyway, I think it's fair to say that the whole Ferrari team blew it up.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 16 Mar 2008, 07:21

welcome Back Lucian :cool:

Good thing that all this "spying" stuff hasn't affected McLaren's preparations :thumbsup:

WilliamsToyotaF1
kart driver
kart driver

Post by WilliamsToyotaF1 » 16 Mar 2008, 07:22

xyneid wrote:
WilliamsToyotaF1 wrote:did you see how he parked the car deliberately in the middle of the track so as to try and get the SC back on track to help Raikkonen....

I mean he could have gone more further into the grass it was a dangerous place to leave it there knowing that maybe the SC would come on

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 16 Mar 2008, 07:25

AzShadow wrote:Of course Massa tried to help Kimi. :p

But yeah, it would be nice to hear some comments from Ferrari. Like, did Kimi and Massa break the cars or would they have collapsed anyway?

Anyway, I think it's fair to say that the whole Ferrari team blew it up.
Ferrari need to take their two drivers and explain some basics of braking, and corner exit :tired:
Lilellatho wrote: Oh, well, I'm sorry Kimi, it seems like you're going back to the McLaren reliability. Apparently, you won't get any peace of mind in this champ either and you will still have to fight to come from behind. That's just your luck, I guess :sad:
Start the bashing Kimi haters :tired:
Kimi made too many errors today.The SC gave him a chance to get back into the game, but his move on Kova was a mix of optimisim , Never Give up :p

Lilellatho
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Lilellatho » 16 Mar 2008, 07:26

WilliamsToyotaF1 wrote:
xyneid wrote:

I mean he could have gone more further into the grass it was a dangerous place to leave it there knowing that maybe the SC would come on
It's a street circuit, so generally, when a car is abandoned on track or near it and a crane is around, safety car will be deployed. So it wouldn't have helped anyway.