Bernie - Australia likely to lose GP

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
forzasab
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Re: Bernie - Australia likely to lose GP

Post by forzasab » 11 Mar 2008, 21:56

Seriously this is a joke, i mean does he think the European viewers are so fragile that they cant get up and watch 2 races at 3am in the morning!!?????
I watch all the races at night that start between 10.30 and 3am except for two that are during the day. Should dcikhead bernie change the name to the F1 European championship then?
Find the line, the speed will come.

maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by maltafan » 12 Mar 2008, 18:32

For me, waking up at 4 in the morning to watch the GP is part of the fun. And Australia is the first race. Everyone would make that extra effort to see the first race of the season.

dn2shmb
car driver
car driver

Post by dn2shmb » 16 Mar 2008, 01:19

I hope it stays its one of the more interesting races of the season both for the drivers and engineers and theyve been having the race since before i was born

Toxigenegoober
car driver
car driver

Post by Toxigenegoober » 16 Mar 2008, 06:02

I'm not a big fan of the current circuit but I like Australia having a race. They should have a Sydney street race!

Takeru
car driver
car driver

Post by Takeru » 16 Mar 2008, 07:17

I will not miss the race. Getting up in the Morning and than usually I can't remember a lot of good races there.

aza510
car driver
car driver

Post by aza510 » 16 Mar 2008, 08:48

heard rumours that Adelaide Sydney and Gold Coast are going for the bid for the F1 next season. dont know how true but they are all willing to have a late race for the soft EURO views

WDC
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by WDC » 16 Mar 2008, 11:11

lol... australia has no other circuit that is at a FIA level. melbourne is it and its the way it should be... i really enjoy having to stay up to watch the races in europe and around the world because like someone said, its all part of the fun!

i heard that bernie said he would be able to 'accept' a 7pm start local time for the race,
but our d**k head premier of victoria isnt makin any effort what-so-ever to help the cause.

its really unfair... with races like we've had here in the last few years why would you want to move it. they have been some of the most exciting races of the seasons.
Thankyou Schumi you will always have a place in our hearts!
Michael Schumacher- 7 volte Campione del mondo!
SIMPLY THE BEST

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 16 Mar 2008, 11:24

I have no trouble waking up early to watch these kind of spectacles like this race was! Of course I wouldn't want to stay up all night every time there's F1 somewhere, but Bernie's really making too big fuss about Australia. It's become a tradition for the opening gp to be early. :T:@

Lilellatho
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Lilellatho » 16 Mar 2008, 11:46

Yeah, I agree with you, Az. No problem here either. It's actually become quite a tradition for me to wake up for the season opener early in the morning or even at night (for free practices) and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Besides, it's just one race a year that has this schedule, so give it a rest, Bernie :tired: