Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Re: 2008 Formula 1 ING Australian Grand Prix

Post by Zack » 14 Mar 2008, 09:19

FP1
ImageImage
FP2
ImageImage
Ferrari just marginally ahead of McLaren ..IMO.
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 14 Mar 2008, 10:57

zack wrote:FP1
You mean, during the two practice session?
or in terms of one-by-one lap times?
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

Trystar7
car driver
car driver

Post by Trystar7 » 14 Mar 2008, 11:31

Ferrari will win i think, they look fast.

durkop
car driver
car driver

Post by durkop » 14 Mar 2008, 11:50

I think that Massa will stronger than Kimi this weekend.

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 14 Mar 2008, 12:29

Kimi wasn't satisfied with the car in FP2:
"I am not very happy with the way practice went," said Raikkonen. "This morning we found some good settings for the car, but in the afternoon, we struggled and our laptimes reflect that.

"We must look carefully at the data to work out how to improve the car. We have seen that if we manage to find the right set-up, we have the potential to be competitive."
Hamilton was still cautious:
Despite his pace, Hamilton reckons their rivals are strong and did not want to judge McLaren's own form just yet.
"There was some good progress with the car, and we made the best use of the ever improving track conditions," he added.

"However our main opposition looks strong, but it's still too early to tell exactly where we are in comparison. All in all a good start to the Australian Grand Prix and the season."
It looks pretty much as it was predicted. McLaren and Ferrari are clearly at the top, but it's quite hard to tell about the pecking order in midfield yet. ''hmm''

Busi
Donator
Donator

Post by Busi » 14 Mar 2008, 12:47

It gonna be a boring race. Kimi 1st, Hamilton and Massa fightinh for 2nd and 3rd, Heikki 4th and the rest half a minute down.
Alonso, future 5 times world champion

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 14 Mar 2008, 13:02

xyneid wrote: You mean, during the two practice session?
or in terms of one-by-one lap times?
I predict that for one lap on new rubber.
And consistency over long runs will be the key ..which i think Hamilton is better than others. :|

Honda lap times were better than many expected and Fisi upto p6 even in practice's session its good :)
Does any1 know which car fisi is driving new or old?
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

cheng.damien
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by cheng.damien » 14 Mar 2008, 13:10

zack wrote:FP1
ImageImage
FP2
ImageImage
Hi to Mods and all forumers,
My first post in this forum..
If there was a long run data for both the BMW and Renault cars, would be greatly appreciated!

newtrex
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by newtrex » 14 Mar 2008, 13:15

i went to practice sessions. sound of ferrari engines are different than others. even honda sounds very different. even gear changing by ferrari's are different..

i was able to hear differences.

Lilellatho
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Lilellatho » 14 Mar 2008, 13:21

Well, that was a good night, wasn't it? :thumbsup:

The heat in Melbourne is sth else, those softs are gonna be suffering in the race.

Hope Kimi and his engineers can work out which is the best set up for the race. Some keep saying that he should have used the same set up as in FP1, but the conditions were different, with the track being even hotter and with all the wind, so the levels of grip changed a lot, thus their problems. Plus, you could see from onboards that he was really fighting that car in FP2, unlike FP1.

The Williams cars ran very little because of gearbox related problems on both cars. That doen't sound too good, esp for this season.
Sam Michael, Technical Director: "We had a reliability problem with the gearboxes on both cars in the morning session that meant no useful running. We solved that problem for the second session, but had another problem with the differential on Nico's car that he carried throughout the session.

"We knew what the problem was and it will be fixed for tomorrow, but unfortunately we could not afford the time during the session to correct it. Although we've lost track time, we will be looking hard at the setup tonight to improve for tomorrow."
Also, Piquet had a gearbox change.That explains why he did so little running.
Nelson Piquet - 19th: "That was not how I imagined my first day of work would be, and we would have liked to have made more progress. I made a mistake in the first session which caused some damage to my gearbox and meant the team had to do some work on my car between the two sessions.
But here were a lot of mistakes on behalf of drivers, weren't there. Alonso sums up nicely what the cause for that might be:
Q. A lot of drivers were losing control of their cars on the entry to corners. Was it down to the lack of engine braking systems or more down to the conditions?

FA: Both, I think. It was very windy and some two or three corners had a tailwind on entry. So when you brake, there is no downforce at all and you lose the car. So I imagine that even with last year's electronics we keep losing the car sometimes, but for sure this year some of the mistakes we saw today were coming from the new regulations.

We need to pay more attention to braking, especially with old tyres you lock the rear very easily, and that is something we need to work on as well. In the winter it was a little bit easier, with cold tracks and not too much wind. Here it has become a little bit more difficult today.
Thanks for those lap charts, Zack. Ferrari/McLaren duo clearly on top, but that battle in the midfiels is sure gonna be interesting. :thumbsup:

It's amazing how much the times have improved from last year, when the times in the Friday pactices were like 2" off the pace, and last year's pole was some three tenths away :blink: Goes to show that you can take the electronics aids away, freeze their engines but the teams are still gonna improve. Impressive...

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 14 Mar 2008, 13:54

Of course the cars get better each year as the teams are constantly developing them. Now that the engines were freezed and the electronics are the same with everyone, the teams are spending all their millions in aerodynamics. They always find a way to improve their pace.

eville
car driver
car driver

Post by eville » 14 Mar 2008, 14:07

Ferrari's gon' top the first row and win the race

justinyap
kart driver
kart driver

Post by justinyap » 14 Mar 2008, 14:11

I'm sure kimi will finish all race in 1st position.kimi go go go go!!!!!!

morsus
kart driver
kart driver

Post by morsus » 14 Mar 2008, 15:03

After these times @ FP1 and FP2 i think we can't be sure of nothing at all.
And because of that...and because we've been without F1 for sooooo long.. i'm really looking forward for the race. !yahoo: Flag:##

Suntrek
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Suntrek » 14 Mar 2008, 15:08

iceman1 wrote:Lewis was on softs, because kimi did his best on mid.tyres

I have to go to school Now , cya :wave:
Hope you didn't fall asleep in school! :p

All the best times in FP2 were set on softs, except for Kimi and Alonso. At least as far as I could see, didn't get to see them all.
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.