17. T. Sato
18. A. Davidson
19. S. Bourdais
RET:

K. Nakajima
A. Sutil
R. Barrichello

Let's see how this goes.

"F1 won't change me" -Jenson Button, just weeks before dumping his girlfriend of five years and buying a Ferrari

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: 2008 Formula 1 ING Australian Grand Prix

Post by swca92 » 09 Mar 2008, 16:32

I can see Raikkonen winning this race quite comfortably with Massa beating Hamilton for second and Kovalainen being a lonely fourth.I back Raikkonen to win the championship with 2 or 3 races to spare this year,with Massa beating Hamilton for second.

simon91
kart driver
kart driver

Post by simon91 » 09 Mar 2008, 16:43

I am looking forward to that race as we all do.

I hope Kimi wins, but I also hope that the race gets really exciting. Hope for rain, but the weather predictions say it's gonna be 34 degrees hot!

robbert
kart driver
kart driver

Post by robbert » 09 Mar 2008, 20:45

i hope raikkonen wins, and i will see the movies on the site

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 10 Mar 2008, 05:10

F1-Live.com
Melbourne’s F1 future far from secure

Australia's new prime minister has personally told Bernie Ecclestone that the country will not be funding a night F1 race.

"I've spoken to Kevin Rudd and he's told me it would cost too much to re-stage the race, so I guess that's it. We won't be going to Australia for too much longer," the F1 Chief Executive is quoted as saying by the Daily Mail.

Ecclestone had already been told by the Melbourne race's promoters, the AGPC and the Victorian state government, that they will not be ceding to his pressure to floodlight the Albert Park circuit at their own expense.

"The only way the race could stay in Melbourne, or anywhere else in Australia, is if it is staged during the night so that the public in Europe can watch it," Ecclestone says.

He says staging the race at night will mean that F1's key audience - television viewers in Europe - no longer need to be up in the dead of the night to watch the first Grand Prix of the season.

"At the moment, it is ridiculous that people are asked not to sleep in order to see it live. That can't carry on. The alternative is to pull the race completely from Australia," Ecclestone added.
Ecclestone wouldn't be talking about leaving Australia if he didn't stand to make any more money by doing so.

f1freak
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by f1freak » 10 Mar 2008, 05:42

iceman1 wrote:F1-Live.com
Melbourne’s F1 future far from secure

Australia's new prime minister has personally told Bernie Ecclestone that the country will not be funding a night F1 race.

"I've spoken to Kevin Rudd and he's told me it would cost too much to re-stage the race, so I guess that's it. We won't be going to Australia for too much longer," the F1 Chief Executive is quoted as saying by the Daily Mail.

Ecclestone had already been told by the Melbourne race's promoters, the AGPC and the Victorian state government, that they will not be ceding to his pressure to floodlight the Albert Park circuit at their own expense.

"The only way the race could stay in Melbourne, or anywhere else in Australia, is if it is staged during the night so that the public in Europe can watch it," Ecclestone says.

He says staging the race at night will mean that F1's key audience - television viewers in Europe - no longer need to be up in the dead of the night to watch the first Grand Prix of the season.

"At the moment, it is ridiculous that people are asked not to sleep in order to see it live. That can't carry on. The alternative is to pull the race completely from Australia," Ecclestone added.
Ecclestone wouldn't be talking about leaving Australia if he didn't stand to make any more money by doing so.
I have also read the quote of putting an end to the Australian GP after 2010 if there is no night race.But as per my view it will be good becuase the timing to watch this race live is very awkward here in the Middle East which is 4 hours ahead of GMT. Can't imagine about other european countries. And at the rate the new GP's are coming up I dont hthink the spectacle will go down even after removing this race. The same is being taought of the French GP at Magny Cours, where Mr.Bernie is thinking of bringing the race to an end there & looking out to host it in Paris.

webber27
kart driver
kart driver

Post by webber27 » 10 Mar 2008, 11:09

It's nice to see that Super Aguri's future is finally secured. I hope they will be better than Honda again. And it's always good to see more teams in F1, don't you agree?

Apart from that, i sure hope that Red Bull will pick up some points, hopefully with a little luck, even a podium. That would be great start of the season for them.

Go Webbo Go!

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 10 Mar 2008, 12:44

webber27 wrote:It's nice to see that Super Aguri's future is finally secured. I hope they will be better than Honda again. And it's always good to see more teams in F1, don't you agree?

Apart from that, i sure hope that Red Bull will pick up some points, hopefully with a little luck, even a podium. That would be great start of the season for them.

Go Webbo Go!
Good that they'll still be there,who is providing the financial backing??

the Australia GP Board has announced that next years race will start at 5pm local time (7am Europe) as a compromise to not have a night race.

Details here:
http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/ ... 29234.html

webber27
kart driver
kart driver

Post by webber27 » 10 Mar 2008, 13:08

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/65597
here's the news about super aguri and who is saving them, for now.
:)

i heard rumors that in year or two we'll also have a completely new team in F1, not o Prodrive.
That would be great. I'd like to see 26 cars on the grid just like in the good old times...

Jet
car driver
car driver

Post by Jet » 10 Mar 2008, 15:41

Good to hear Aguri found a sponsor. Wonder how much the lack of testing will effect the team?

robbert
kart driver
kart driver

Post by robbert » 10 Mar 2008, 16:54

good For super aguri , we'll see a Great season ...
i think ITV is happy because Davidson will stary

rohammer92
kart driver
kart driver

Post by rohammer92 » 10 Mar 2008, 17:01

1. Raikonnen
2. Massa
3. Hamilton

That is what i think. I doubt as many cars will manage to make it to the finish as last year

Graet news to hear that super aguri will be on the grid in Melbourne

premier
kart driver
kart driver

Post by premier » 10 Mar 2008, 20:54

Unfortunately that might be the last Australian GP. I really miss Adelaide, now Bernie is taking
Melbourne. Welcome India, Pakistan, Korea, Russia... :pray:

color
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by color » 10 Mar 2008, 21:01

premier wrote:Unfortunately that might be the last Australian GP. I really miss Adelaide, now Bernie is taking
Melbourne. Welcome India, Pakistan, Korea, Russia... :pray:
Pity. I see nothing wrong about Indian or Russian GP though...

robbert
kart driver
kart driver

Post by robbert » 10 Mar 2008, 21:28

i hope i will see raikkonen wins Flag:##