2008 Formula 1 ING Australian Grand Prix

premier
kart driver
kart driver

Re: 2008 Formula 1 ING Australian Grand Prix

Post by premier » 08 Mar 2008, 20:59

There will be two Merc cars in front of GP of Australia - one SL AMG - the Safety car, and C63 AMG - the medical car - after a heart attack of Ron Dennis watching Ferrari winning again !yahoo:

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 08 Mar 2008, 21:04

iceman1 wrote:This weeks Autosport testing analysis (going on everything they knew about the cars and setups etc, not just the times) puts HK in front of Hamilton, which is interesting.
That's interesting indeed as Heikki has said that he's slower than Hamilton in the long stints. But in qualifying they should be in about the same level.
premier wrote: There will be two Merc cars in front of GP of Australia - one SL AMG - the Safety car, and C63 AMG - the medical car - after a heart attack of Ron Dennis watching Ferrari winning again !yahoo:
Haha, nice one! !cool!!!!

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 08 Mar 2008, 21:12

premier wrote:There will be two Merc cars in front of GP of Australia - one SL AMG - the Safety car, and C63 AMG - the medical car - after a heart attack of Ron Dennis watching Ferrari winning again !yahoo:
LOL :p

djones7441
car driver
car driver

Post by djones7441 » 08 Mar 2008, 22:25

Check out speedtv.com for a good preseason review and predictions from Adam Cooper. I think he is one of the best informed reporters on the pitlane. He's also got a good article on Kimi.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 09 Mar 2008, 05:01

Thanks djones7441

The way the garages are allocated is according to the previous years team championship. The winning team gets the top garage and the one that finished bottom gets the last pit garage (generally the smallest). But according to some reports this year it has been altered so that McLaren get the 5th garage and not the last (due to them technically coming bottom because of the spy saga :roll::

color
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by color » 09 Mar 2008, 06:12

iceman1 wrote:Thanks djones7441

The way the garages are allocated is according to the previous years team championship. The winning team gets the top garage and the one that finished bottom gets the last pit garage (generally the smallest). But according to some reports this year it has been altered so that McLaren get the 5th garage and not the last (due to them technically coming bottom because of the spy saga :roll::
you can see the garages in proper order HERE, in the end of this amateur movie.
for lazy ones: ferrari, bmw, renault, williams, mclaren, red bull, toyota, toro rosso, honda, super aguri, force india.

Jekz
car driver
car driver

Post by Jekz » 09 Mar 2008, 07:13

I think Melbourne will be a hard race to predict the winner even that Ferrari are so strong in testing, Melbourne doesn't have the best grip remember Jenson Button a couple of years ago and without traction control it's going to be really intersting i think.

And there could be some rain i hear.

I just can't wait for 7 days far out, only days to go.

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 09 Mar 2008, 08:16

iceman1 wrote:But according to some reports this year it has been altered so that McLaren get the 5th garage and not the last (due to them technically coming bottom because of the spy saga :roll::
Yeah, but I wonder what the other teams think about it as it's not really fair for them.

Anyway, here's more info about it: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/65575
Some rumors say that Bernie could have lifted McLaren up to 3rd place, but Renault resisted it.

f1freak
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by f1freak » 09 Mar 2008, 09:18

AzShadow wrote:
iceman1 wrote:But according to some reports this year it has been altered so that McLaren get the 5th garage and not the last (due to them technically coming bottom because of the spy saga :roll::
Yeah, but I wonder what the other teams think about it as it's not really fair for them.

Anyway, here's more info about it: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/65575
Some rumors say that Bernie could have lifted McLaren up to 3rd place, but Renault resisted it.
Hi Guys, Sorry to interfere in the discussion.
But the news I have read about the McLaren Garage is that it is dur to the massive size of their motorhome it has been alotted the 5th garage.Becuase putting up such a huge sturcture at the bottom of the pitlane was not advisable.

Thanks

f1freak
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by f1freak » 09 Mar 2008, 09:19

iceman1 wrote:
premier wrote:There will be two Merc cars in front of GP of Australia - one SL AMG - the Safety car, and C63 AMG - the medical car - after a heart attack of Ron Dennis watching Ferrari winning again !yahoo:
LOL :p

Really nice quote guys. !yahoo:

f1freak
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by f1freak » 09 Mar 2008, 09:23

Henri1310 wrote:I can't wait ! Let's hope it will be a nice race :) The race promesses to be interesting without TC !
For sure buddy the race will be interesting without TC. But we should look out for the practice sessions where we will se more Drama as the track will be dirty & low on grip.By qualifying & race day there will be pretty much rubber laid on the track, that too if there are no showers :thumbsup:

f1freak
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: GO>>> 2008 FORMULA 1 ING AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX

Post by f1freak » 09 Mar 2008, 09:38

zack wrote:
xyneid wrote:
iceman1 wrote:So, which couple do you think will be the most interesting to watch?
I also think that Fisi vs Sutil battle would be worthy to watch.
+1 :thumbsup:

also Vettel v/s Bourdais(seems to me ..if he don't perform upto mark this year ..its goodbye for him.)
Only worry for Ferrari,gear box to survive for 4 gp's ..although they have test it in Bahrain but ...!

If schumi attends every race that will increase Massa's luck
For sure the McLaren & Ferrari Duos will be the one to watch.And as mentioned Fisi & Sutil will be one interesting battle. But how you guys cold forget the Alonso vs Nelsinho jr battle. This one will be interesting to wacth as well.

I put my money on Nelson Jr as he is much more familiar with the car being a test driver in 07 & on top of that he is having more experience to drive witout TC as he was used to in GP2.

So lets see what happens unless the renaukt tean does something special for Alonso's favour. :huh:

bleeding eye
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by bleeding eye » 09 Mar 2008, 10:21

I think that renault does something voor alonso., that he is just a little bit quicker in qualy.
and getting nelson in a few laps before alonso. and if there is a change in the race( rain or an accident) they wil first make the changes in tactic voor alonso and then for nelson.

Massa is going to make it this year, last year had had tomuch badluck.

Vettel wil beat bourdais. especially in qualy.

But i have no idee what nakajima is going to make this season.
Battles are won by those with the courage to believe.
They are won by those who find a heart, find a heart to share.

Jayarem
car driver
car driver

Post by Jayarem » 09 Mar 2008, 11:03

The Vettel/Bourdais battle is the one i think will be the most interesting, but also i'm intrigued to see what will happen at BMW. Kubica seems faster in testing, but we shall see :cheezy:

Mozzer56
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Mozzer56 » 09 Mar 2008, 11:23

Should be a good race... hopefully with two red cars crossing the line first Flag:##

But I think it's going to be a close fight all the way down the field, everyone looks pretty close in testing. Close at the front, close in the mid-field... hopefully lots of overtaking.