Alonso back to Renault

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
jana7i
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: Alonso back to Renault

Post by jana7i » 31 Jan 2008, 19:30

AzShadow wrote:
jana7i wrote: well i think only Alonso can get the Max from the renualt. i really hope renault can take the fight to Mclaren and Ferrari, it would be nice to have 3 teams fighting for wins. i wounder what will happen when alonso is next to hamilton on the grid, will we see some blocking and agrrasive moves, time will tell. Flag:##
Hehe, at least they're in different teams so team boss isn't going to stop them from fighting. :wink: It would be interesting to see three teams fighting for wins, but it will be hard as last season McLaren and Ferrari were totally in a league of their own and won all the GPs. ''hmm''
i think in 2008 Renault has no excuse. the car should be at least as good as the BMW..
i think it will be Ferrari VS Mclaren and BMW vs Renault

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 01 Feb 2008, 09:30

[u][url=http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/080201093938.shtml]http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/080201093938.shtml[/url][/u] wrote: Alonso returns fire after Hamilton jibe

Fernando Alonso has returned fire at his former McLaren team-mate Lewis Hamilton.

Asked what his response was to the British rookie's recent claim that he is an example of 'how not to behave' as a F1 driver, Alonso said: "I don't think this is worth an answer.

"In my view the less that is talked about it the better, otherwise we are always talking about someone who, for the moment, has not done anything (in F1)," the 26-year-old added.

Alonso also made it clear that he is doubtful that McLaren can win the title in 2008, and expressed relief that he broke his multiple-year contract after just 18 races with the British team.

Asked who has the biggest chances of the 2008 title following recent pre-season tests, he replied: "Ferrari, for sure."

Telecinco also asked Alonso to select one of four descriptions to explain his current demeanour: a child with a new toy, a liberated prisoner, a dethroned king or a runner wearing lead shoes.

He replied: "A prisoner who has been released."

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 01 Feb 2008, 12:49

he might be hoping on that ferrari seat,but i think thats only going to come in 2009,after kimi contract is over.
I believe Renault is gonna improve dramaticaly this season compared to the last one, but the gap to Ferrari and Mclaren is too big. The most he can expect is to have a chance to win 1-2 races.

Lilellatho
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Lilellatho » 01 Feb 2008, 21:22

Wow, these guys are at it again. What a surprise. :roll:: I agree with Alonso on this though. Lewis still has a lot to learn and to show in F1 before speaking like that of a 2 times WDC and any other driver for that matter (yeah, those "monkeys" included :roll:: )

Oh and if Alonso does come to Ferrari (which I think is highly unlikely) it will be as a replacement for Massa, cause Kimi has just fallen in love with the sport again and he is having a great time at Ferrari :cool:
But he can only hope...

Suntrek
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Suntrek » 04 Feb 2008, 21:13

Lilellatho wrote:Wow, these guys are at it again. What a surprise. :roll:: I agree with Alonso on this though. Lewis still has a lot to learn and to show in F1 before speaking like that of a 2 times WDC and any other driver for that matter (yeah, those "monkeys" included :roll:: )

Oh and if Alonso does come to Ferrari (which I think is highly unlikely) it will be as a replacement for Massa, cause Kimi has just fallen in love with the sport again and he is having a great time at Ferrari :cool:
But he can only hope...
I agree. Alonso will replace Massa, not Kimi.

However, if Renault regain their winning ways, there's no need for Alonso to go anywhere, is there? I mean, he's already beaten the Ferrari best of the best in the "crappy" Renault once, (well twice, but 2005 doesn't count) hasn't he? :cheezy:
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Lilellatho
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Lilellatho » 05 Feb 2008, 13:29

Oh, come on, the Renault was far from crappy in '05 and '06 and you know it. It was actually THE car to have if you wanted to win championships and not just races.
It was actually the best package out there.

Sure, in '05 it had a small speed disadvantage to the McLarens, but hey, atleast they finished the races. &doh And that speed disadvantage wan't as big as some tried to put it, cause they were always in a podium position (and don't bring me the Fisi argument, cause he doesn't count here :p ) and ready to pounce whenever the McLarens had issues with their car. "Oh, they won with an inferior car", give me a break &doh

As far as '06 goes, yeah Ferrari finished the season as the team to beat, but Renault had the better car in the first half of the season and in the rest of the races (with few exceptions when the Ferraris were faster) it was too close to call between the two.

To make myself clear, I'm not taking anything away from Alonso and Renault. They are worthy champions. But their fans should come off the "inferior car" argument, as it is clearly flawed.

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 05 Feb 2008, 14:36

Yep, Renault was definitely the best car in 05 and 06. It doesn't matter how fast the car is if it can't finish the races so being ultra-reliable and the second fastest makes the car the best. And in 05 Renault was faster in a couple of races and especially in 06 they were completely dominating in the first half of the season.

Suntrek
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Suntrek » 05 Feb 2008, 20:01

Lilellatho wrote:Oh, come on, the Renault was far from crappy in '05 and '06 and you know it. It was actually THE car to have if you wanted to win championships and not just races.
It was actually the best package out there.

Sure, in '05 it had a small speed disadvantage to the McLarens, but hey, atleast they finished the races. &doh And that speed disadvantage wan't as big as some tried to put it, cause they were always in a podium position (and don't bring me the Fisi argument, cause he doesn't count here :p ) and ready to pounce whenever the McLarens had issues with their car. "Oh, they won with an inferior car", give me a break &doh

As far as '06 goes, yeah Ferrari finished the season as the team to beat, but Renault had the better car in the first half of the season and in the rest of the races (with few exceptions when the Ferraris were faster) it was too close to call between the two.

To make myself clear, I'm not taking anything away from Alonso and Renault. They are worthy champions. But their fans should come off the "inferior car" argument, as it is clearly flawed.
Well, that was my whole point, and that's why I put the "crappy" word in brackets. If Renault can once again build an equally "crappy" car as they did in 2006 I'd be more than happy. :cool:

In 2005 the Renault was considerably slower than the McLaren, but McLaren had overdone it in the speed department and "underdone" it in the reliability department and suffered from it consequently. Renault had the better balance speed/reliability.

In 2006 the Renault was better in the first half of the season, however Ferrari was considerably faster in the latter, not just on a few exceptions - thanks to better development work of course, but also thanks to the Renault being seriously crippled by the FIA. (mass damper) Truth is that Schumacher messed up more than Alonso and you don't win any WDC's by messing up however great your car is. Just ask Lewis Hamilton.

However - no F1 driver (Fernando Alonso, Michael Schumacher, Kimi Räikkönen included) will ever become WDC without having a good, fast, reliable car at his hands and I have no problem acknowledging that. @Beer
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

_*kimi-Iku*_
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by _*kimi-Iku*_ » 19 Feb 2008, 17:51

Alonso ... mmm, its better dont know my opinion of him but, I can say, and I know ... REanult won't be the first this season. I think his car is not the best, Ferrari is the best, and McLaren come next. Then, Alonso, I think 2008 is not for you baby! :cool:
http://www.kr-iceman.phpbb24.com [Spanish & English Kimi Forum]*
KIMI RAIKKONEN WORLD CHAMPION 2007 *Kovalainen & Hulkenberg - Forever*

dmitri84
car driver
car driver

Post by dmitri84 » 14 Mar 2008, 21:22

yep, Renault isnt there yet but who knows maybe they will improve during the season

ivanjoyboyferrari
car driver
car driver

Post by ivanjoyboyferrari » 15 Mar 2008, 00:00

I think alonso will not be a contender this season, but I think he will be back
in top form by 2009. I mean you can never take away the fact he is a 2 time world champ.
KIMI,
THE FIA F1 WORLD CHAMPION OF 2007

eville
car driver
car driver

Post by eville » 15 Mar 2008, 09:37

i'm more than sure that Alonso will be topping podiums this season

cheng.damien
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by cheng.damien » 15 Mar 2008, 11:06

Greatly disappointed with the pace of the car in qualifying, especially considering that the FP3 result gave some hope for the weekend.

Hoping that it is indeed the rear differentials that ruined the lap and not the aero performance, because Renault did spend the second half of 07 trying to make the car competitive again.

Jarek
car driver
car driver

Post by Jarek » 15 Mar 2008, 20:40

Flavio haven't choice , he must take Fernando:)

Toxigenegoober
car driver
car driver

Post by Toxigenegoober » 16 Mar 2008, 06:08

I think he and Briattore get along better. They're similar people.