2008 Car Launches & pictures

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Re: 2008 Car Launches & pictures

Post by Zack » 29 Jan 2008, 18:51

iceman1 wrote:i think Aguri will beat them again :p
probably FIF1 also :lol:
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 29 Jan 2008, 18:58

zack wrote:
Kidding right :nosweat: FIF1 car can't Finish a race :p

maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by maltafan » 29 Jan 2008, 20:41

At least the livery looks better than last year, especially the nose and the cell.

I do not like its front wing and the side pods, though.

Suntrek
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Suntrek » 29 Jan 2008, 20:47

iceman1 wrote:Yeah, Button: "New car is worse than RA107"
After get his first tast of the new Honda RA108, Jenson Button has said that new car is not a big improvement respect last year one: "car doesn't have any grip, traction is very poor at the exit of the slow corners and at high speed ones it feels strange. We need to change alot of it, they said me the new parts will come at the next test, but i'm unsure that will make enough difference to be atleast at the top of the midfield".

i think Aguri will beat them again :p
Doesn't look like Aguri even have the money to put the car on track, though. :sad:

But at least the new Honda livery is a great improvement from last year even if the earth blob at the back still looks a bit...hmmm...odd... :blink: (to be polite)
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Silver Shadow
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Silver Shadow » 29 Jan 2008, 22:15

I like how the new livery looks on the Honda, but seeing it perform, well, we'll have to wait and see...

WDC
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by WDC » 29 Jan 2008, 22:16

well the new honda certainly looks worse than last years car. horrible livery!
it looks too much like the bmw now too.

as for the technical, it doesnt look very exciting, thats for sure. the most boring car so far i think.
those barge boards look too chunky and the end of the engine cover is very square!

so it looks boring, it has a worse livery and according to button performance-wise, its worse too.
not looking good!
Thankyou Schumi you will always have a place in our hearts!
Michael Schumacher- 7 volte Campione del mondo!
SIMPLY THE BEST

qwertyman
kart driver
kart driver

Post by qwertyman » 30 Jan 2008, 01:59

iceman1 wrote:Yeah, Button: "New car is worse than RA107"
After get his first tast of the new Honda RA108, Jenson Button has said that new car is not a big improvement respect last year one: "car doesn't have any grip, traction is very poor at the exit of the slow corners and at high speed ones it feels strange. We need to change alot of it, they said me the new parts will come at the next test, but i'm unsure that will make enough difference to be atleast at the top of the midfield".

i think Aguri will beat them again :p
that is, if super aguri is still on the grid

musashi_sw
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by musashi_sw » 30 Jan 2008, 05:28

i'm not a expert in aerodynamics but i don't think square shapes are the better ones...
those barrage boards and front wing have some square and straigh lines...and also the cover on the back...
i'm not sure that honda is in the right way... :tired:

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 30 Jan 2008, 08:09

iceman1 wrote:
zack wrote:
Kidding right :nosweat: FIF1 car can't Finish a race :p
Not really ..lets wait & watch

Btw News : Spice Energy(A1 team India sponsor) in talks with super aguri
http://racing.indiatimes.com/Another_In ... 741530.cms

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 30 Jan 2008, 09:59

qwertyman wrote: that is, if super aguri is still on the grid
Yeah, it was thought that there'd be 12 teams in 2008 but now it looks like that at the end of 2008 there will be only 10... :? It's very hard to be in F1 nowadays if you're not a car manufacturer or a billionaire.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 30 Jan 2008, 11:08

Hondas RA108-B, to be introduced once F1 returns to Europe, will show more more than slightly, the input that Ross Brawn has had in producing such a radically different design...
AzShadow wrote:
qwertyman wrote: that is, if super aguri is still on the grid
Yeah, it was thought that there'd be 12 teams in 2008 but now it looks like that at the end of 2008 there will be only 10... :? It's very hard to be in F1 nowadays if you're not a car manufacturer or a billionaire.
Honda to pressure Aguri to keep Davidson
By Alan Baldwin Tuesday, January 29th 2008, 19:15 GMT

Honda will put pressure on Super Aguri to keep Briton Anthony Davidson in their driver line-up as the smallest team in Formula One seek to secure their future.

Honda F1 chief executive Nick Fry told Reuters on Tuesday that the car maker intended to continue supporting Aguri in 2008 but in return expected them to employ drivers who would give useful feedback.

Aguri have made no secret of the fact that they are looking for investors after a difficult 2007 season, raising speculation Davidson could be replaced by a less-qualified driver bringing money to the team.

Well-informed sources told Reuters a group of Indian investors keen on bringing Narain Karthikeyan back to Formula One were among those talking to Aguri.

"We were instrumental in requiring Super Aguri to have drivers of an appropriate standard," Fry said at the launch of Honda's new F1 car.

"To ensure that the engineering feedback is consistent, you have got to have people who are of a standard. Anthony is definitely one of the people who is of that standard.

"I would not personally be convinced that the driver you mentioned (Karthikeyan) would be of an acceptable standard for us," added Fry.

Super Aguri were founded by former racer Aguri Suzuki at the end of 2005 after Honda dropped Takuma Sato as their race driver, triggering an outcry in Japan.

Last season the team used what was effectively Honda's 2006 car and scored four points with it, embarrassing the works team by leading them in the constructors' standings until the last two races.

Although Sato and Davidson have been named in a list published by the governing FIA, the line-up remains unconfirmed with Sato yet to put pen to paper on a new contract while the future remains uncertain.

Aguri managing director Daniel Audetto confirmed they were looking for someone to invest in the team rather than take control of it.

"We are talking with different people but first Honda has to approve it," he told Reuters.

"At the moment we would like to stay with the same drivers. Takuma is the reason why this team exists and Davidson is Honda's preferred driver," he added.

"But we are also looking for a strong partner. If they bring a lot of money and they want a driver from wherever, then he has to be good and accepted by the FIA."

Fry said having to support a second team was a distraction but Honda remained committed to the project.

"The intent for 2008 is that Aguri will be on the grid but clearly what (new team boss) Ross (Brawn) and I need to do, and are doing, is ensure that doesn't detract from our primary job," he said.

"At this stage, the intent is that they will be on the grid with Honda engines and support. Exactly how much of that support comes from here is being worked on at the moment."
I will be disappointed if Super Aguri dropped Davidson

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 30 Jan 2008, 21:22

:sad: i saw the new honda :( it is not a dream, it a a nightmare

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 31 Jan 2008, 06:23

iceman1 wrote:I will be disappointed if Super Aguri dropped Davidson
Fry(ied) @$$#### should do some reality check on this own standards and abilities and then judge others :<>: *BUMP*

Actually their is clause in spice-SA deal to be get thru "one driver must be Indian(NK)"

No way they can drop sato...they had bad experience when he was moved to B-team!
So the only way deal to be successful is dropping Davidson!

IMO ..Indian co. shouldn't waste money($86m) like this :lol:
Buying SA is only pain no gain!

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 31 Jan 2008, 14:54

Determined to return to the front - White

After a very difficult 2007 season for the ING Renault F1 Team, the French outfit is determined to fight back with the new R28 that was presented to the press today. Deputy Managing Director (Engines), Rob White, talks about the challenges his department faced preparing for 2008.
Technical interview with Rob White
Rob, engine homologation has been in place since last year yet the engine team has had a busy winter preparing for 2008…
"It is a result of the rules changes for 2008 and the years ahead. The introduction of the standard ECU is the most obvious change, but there are many new software tools and programmes that accompany it. We have had to work hard to understand and adapt to the new electronics environment. This has impacted on the team at the factory, as well as the trackside support engineers. It was a big workload, and remains so."

Compared to other teams, do you think you have better optimised the engine controls?
"All the teams have the same hardware and software available, so everybody has the same scope to exploit the standard system. The ability to make the difference depends on how much each team has learned about the new system, and how well it can adapt its previous know-how. We did not all start from the same place, but we all knew about the changes in advance. At Renault, we started working on the problem very early at the factory and subsequently on track, in order to be as well prepared as possible for the start of the season."

Engine homologation will be in force for at least the next five years. What will be the challenges facing the engine team?
"We are not allowed to develop the engine; the homologated perimeter is extended for this year to include also the engine ancillaries. There remains much to do to assure the reliability of the engine and its performance in the car. These engines remain complicated and sophisticated, and we must remain vigilant concerning component supply and quality, and concerning changes in the way the engine is used in the car."

Has engine homologation been an effective means of achieving greater cost efficiency?
"Homologation offers the manufacturers an opportunity to reduce engine development costs without risk to competitive position. However, the governing body does not set the budget, so the decision on how to allocate the resources available remains with the teams. At Renault, the 2007 engine “freeze” resulted in substantial cost reduction. The extended “freeze” recently announced will result in a further saving."

How is the ING Renault F1 Team approaching 2008?
"Our team showed great strength to confront and solve the performance problems of 2007. We are determined to return to the front, and we have worked tirelessly towards this goal for many months. We have two new drivers, and a technical package that we will be honing over the coming weeks in order to arrive in Melbourne in good shape. Of course the competition will be fierce, but we are optimistic for the new season.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage