Which TV-channel do you watch for Formula 1 ?

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.

Premiere
1%
ITV
24%
ESPN Star Sports
8%
Speed
23%
TV Globo
3%
RAI
1%
Fuji TV
No votes
RTL 7
7%
Fox Sports
4%
TV3
1%
TSR
No votes
DStv
1%
other
28%

Total votes: 117

Moba-F1
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Moba-F1 » 20 Jan 2008, 19:37

Other countries, other tv-channels.

Which TV-channel do you watch for Formula 1 races, Qualifyings etc. ?

I live in Germany and i allready watched on "Premiere World".
Since 2004 i must watch on RTL. This channel is very terrible. The commentators are bad and it gives a lot of advertising in a race.
Maybe 2008 i buy me "Premiere" again. There aren't advertising and you can watch on 5 different channels (Worldfeed, Cockpit, Data, Highlights & Multi). It costs 10 € a month.

In which country do you live and on which channel do you watch?

many greetz

(sorry for my English :blush: )
VISIT GERMAN FORMULA1-FORUM:
http://www.moba-f1.foren-city.de

Silver Shadow
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: Which TV-channel do you watch for Formula 1 ?

Post by Silver Shadow » 20 Jan 2008, 19:53

I live in North America, so I have TSN (Canada) and SpeedTV (USA) to choose. TSN is simulcast with ITV, and Speed has their own commentary, which I think are more entertaining than ITV...

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 20 Jan 2008, 19:59

Hey Mate

Formula 1 is generally one of the biggest global TV draws behind the Football World Cup and the Olympics, The 2005 Canadian Grand Prix attracted the second largest global TV audience of any sporting event that year with 53 million viewers, Formula 1 can be seen around the world on RTL, the longest serving F1 broadcaster, ITV in the United Kingdom (and Canada, via TSN), SPEED Channel (as well as a few races being broadcast on FOX ) in America and many other stations relaying the action live. In Australia, the sport is broadcast by Channel Ten..

For me i am watching F1 & A1 on Aljazeerasport (Full coverage, Interviews, and Much More)
it's a Free channel :cheezy: & The Formula 1 Commentator Ayman is My Friend

ennah
car driver
car driver

Post by ennah » 20 Jan 2008, 20:20

In Finland MTV3 is the only channel showing the races and unfortunately they want you to pay 10€/month so you'll see them :? BUT it's completely worth it. They show every free practise live & repeat them twice (I think) so basically they show 12 hrs pure F1 every Friday :thumbsup: And no commercial breaks etc. to annoy you during exiting one-to-one fights. Only thing that annoys me about them these days is their commentators... unless Keke Rosberg is joining them & making it a bit more alive with his witty sense of humour! :cheezy:
Without silence there can be no music

Moba-F1
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Moba-F1 » 20 Jan 2008, 20:37

ennah wrote:In Finland MTV3 is the only channel showing the races and unfortunately they want you to pay 10€/month so you'll see them :? BUT it's completely worth it. They show every free practise live & repeat them twice (I think) so basically they show 12 hrs pure F1 every Friday :thumbsup: And no commercial breaks etc. to annoy you during exiting one-to-one fights. Only thing that annoys me about them these days is their commentators... unless Keke Rosberg is joining them & making it a bit more alive with his witty sense of humour! :cheezy:
In Germany it gives "Premiere". You pay 10 €/month, too.
They show every free practice, qualifying and races live.
For every session you can choose 5 channels.
- Worldfeed: The feed, which have every channel
- cockpit: you can see the session from onboardcameras
- data: original F~0~M data-channel !
- Highlights: You can see the highlights from the session
- Mutli: You can watch the worldfeed, cockpit-channel, data & Highlight in one channel.

There are no commercial breaks, too.
You can hear the commentators (Jacques Schulz & Marc Surer) or when you want, you can choose the engine sound, without commentary!

For 10 €/month it is a good service and a "little" from Bakerville (1996-2002)
The best races since 1980 are on "Premiere" in a special show, too.

The best is the cockpit channel !yahoo: Flag:##

ennah
car driver
car driver

Post by ennah » 20 Jan 2008, 20:58

Moba-F1 wrote: For every session you can choose 5 channels.
- Worldfeed: The feed, which have every channel
- cockpit: you can see the session from onboardcameras
- data: original F~0~M data-channel !
- Highlights: You can see the highlights from the session
- Mutli: You can watch the worldfeed, cockpit-channel, data & Highlight in one channel.
Damn, that sounds cool! :T:@

Hmmph, MTV3 wows they are "the best F1 channel in the world"... after your list they still have a lot to do to achieve that title! :blink:

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 20 Jan 2008, 21:06

Yeah, Premiere seems to be ahead of MTV3 MAX even though it's doing pretty good job too and I really like it when they show the events many times so you can watch them pretty much whenever you want. :cheezy: It's not completely ad free though, sometimes there's ads after the race finish and you don't see what the drivers are doing before they go to the podium. :? It's pretty annoying, because I want to see everything and they're supposed to show everything. :frown:

ennah
car driver
car driver

Post by ennah » 20 Jan 2008, 21:13

AzShadow wrote:It's not completely ad free though, sometimes there's ads after the race finish and you don't see what the drivers are doing before they go to the podium. :? It's pretty annoying, because I want to see everything and they're supposed to show everything. :frown:
Oh yeah, you're right about that, that is really annoying :frown: But at least they don't cut off in the middle of the post-race/qualifying press conference as they used to do before the pay channel "because it's news time" or something else... that used to annoy the heck out of me! :<>:

maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by maltafan » 20 Jan 2008, 22:16

so Premiere is only 10 EURO's a month? WOW

I usually watch races on Rai 1. Very interesting Italian commentary, although sometimes too much pro Ferrari. They show quali & Race plus a program of about 30 minutes before. Only 2 or 3 sets of adverts during the whole race, so that's very acceptable.

I can watch it on TSI2, ORF on satellite, but I prefer Rai 1.

Also Arabic JSC Sports show all free practices, and it is Free to air on satellite. :D

WDC
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by WDC » 20 Jan 2008, 23:13

i think i can top you all for WORST coverage.

Australia, network 10 (like iceman already said)
every race is delayed, we only just had qualifying on tv last year for the first time and that is delayed a minimum 2 hours.
being in a different timezone makes races finish at 2am and qualifying at 4am sometimes.

we use itv commentry so its ok but not the best, especially when we come back from one of the many many commercial breaks and haveto listen to our two commentators for a while because ITV havnt come back from their break yet.
we have a aussie touring car driver as our 'specialcommnts' commentator. :blink:

i usually watch qualifying live over the internet on speed tv though, i love F1 but sometimes i just cannot stay up until 3am waitig for qualifying which normally has a lot of the session cut out of it anyway!

the list of problems is endless.

so... does anyone know if it is possible to sattelite the premiere channels? is there anyway for australia to get it at all?
10euro is bout $AU17 so its not all tat bad and it would be like a dream to be able to access the telemitry live with footage rather than just analyzing the numbers on the live f1.com feed. for everything you can do with premiere its well worth it for any F1.

please let me know.
Thankyou Schumi you will always have a place in our hearts!
Michael Schumacher- 7 volte Campione del mondo!
SIMPLY THE BEST

color
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by color » 21 Jan 2008, 02:11

Silver Shadow wrote:and Speed has their own commentary, which I think are more entertaining than ITV...
I'm in the USA - Speed TV only/couple races by FOX (which owns Speed TV). There is no other option.

I agree - Speed TV commentary is quite a good quality one. And I know what I'm talking about - I used to live in Germany, GB and France in tha past.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 21 Jan 2008, 12:40

maltafan wrote: Also Arabic JSC Sports show all free practices, and it is Free to air on satellite. :D
Do u watch F1 on alJazerrasport ??? :blink:

Moba-F1
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Moba-F1 » 21 Jan 2008, 13:39

maltafan wrote:so Premiere is only 10 EURO's a month? WOW
"Premiere Sport" isn't only Formula 1 for 10€.
For 10€ you get Formula 1, A1 GP, GP2, Porsche Supercup, Nascar, Indy Racing League, 24h from Le Mans & Formula 3 Euro Series.
The original F~0~M Data is available since Chinese Grand Prix 2007. Before the data channel was really bad

Here can you see Pictures from Premiere (Formula 1):
http://bambergforever.pytalhost.com/Bil ... tseite.htm
credits by bambergforever

Here are some screenshots from the Brazilian Grand Prix:
Worldfeed:

Cockpit:

Data:

Highlights: (Picture from Italian Grand Prix)
Per PIP: Worldfeed

Multi:

Enjoy Flag:##

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 21 Jan 2008, 13:55

Yeah same as Sky sport (Italian TV)
Moba-F1 wrote:
Here are some screenshots from the Brazilian Grand Prix:
Worldfeed:

Cockpit:

Data:

Highlights:

Multi:
Yeah same as Sky sport channel (Italian TV)

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 21 Jan 2008, 15:40

Moba-F1 wrote: "Premiere Sport" isn't only Formula 1 for 10€.
For 10€ you get Formula 1, A1 GP, GP2, Porsche Supercup, Nascar, Indy Racing League, 24h from Le Mans & Formula 3 Euro Series.
The original F~0~M Data is available since Chinese Grand Prix 2007. Before the data channel was really bad
Wow, that surely is amazing. Compared to that our Finnish channel MTV3 MAX sounds like a total rip off. :roll::