Schumi testing the F2007 w/o TC next week!

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
raikks
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Re: 2008 Winter & Mid-season testing (Results and Pictures)

Post by raikks » 09 Jan 2008, 17:53

Here are the first images with Heikki Kovalainen at a McLaren
Mercedes wheel.

Notice the same front wing as last year's developement since
Spanish GP.

Heikki Kovalainen, McLaren Mercedes

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 09 Jan 2008, 18:30

They already have a new front wing on for the testing & the mirror supports seem different from last year

raikks
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by raikks » 09 Jan 2008, 18:55

iceman1 wrote:They already have a new front wing on for the testing &
the mirror supports seem different from last year
And which one is the new front wing -- the one they used
today, at Jerez, or the one that was installed two days ago,
at Stuttgart?

Stuttgart, 07-jan-08

Jerez, 09-jan-08

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 10 Jan 2008, 13:02

And which one is the new front wing -- the one they used
today, at Jerez, or the one that was installed two days ago,
at Stuttgart
the one they used at Jerez,

Ferrari testing at Fiorano

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Lilellatho
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Lilellatho » 10 Jan 2008, 15:42

Thanks for the great pics. :thumbsup: The guys sure seem to be having an awesome time at Madonna di Campiglio and Kimi sure seems very relaxed. :cheezy: It's a great sight.

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 10 Jan 2008, 17:30

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/64610 wrote: Hamilton positive after first MP4-23 run

Lewis Hamilton was positive after his first run with the new McLaren MP4-23 at the Jerez circuit on Thursday.

The Briton took to the Spanish circuit early in the morning after teammate Heikki Kovalainen and test driver Pedro de la Rosa had driven the car yesterday.

Hamilton, last year's runner-up in the championship, was delighted to get his first taste of the new car.

"It was fantastic to get my hands on the MP4-23 this morning in Jerez," Hamilton told McLaren.com. "I saw the completed car for the first time on Monday at the team's launch in Stuttgart and I have been pretty impatient since then.

"My first run was at 09:10 and my first impressions are good. You can't really read all that much into a car after so few laps, but the feeling is positive."

Up to 2pm local time, Hamilton had covered a total of 34 laps with a fastest time of 1:19.132.
Some pics from testing: http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/gallery.php?catID=3350

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 10 Jan 2008, 17:49

Q: So, what secrets have you brought with you from Renault to McLaren?

Heikki Kovalainen: That’s not a funny question. That is a very serious matter as we have seen last season. And honestly, with the competitiveness of McLaren-Mercedes I can assure you that they don’t need any secrets divulged from me.

:nosweat: a classic answer

WDC
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by WDC » 10 Jan 2008, 21:53

iceman1 wrote:Q: So, what secrets have you brought with you from Renault to McLaren?

Heikki Kovalainen: That’s not a funny question. That is a very serious matter as we have seen last season. And honestly, with the competitiveness of McLaren-Mercedes I can assure you that they don’t need any secrets divulged from me.

:nosweat: a classic answer
lol... thats brilliant! good on him.

it was like that Network 7 reporter (aussie tv) who said stupid things to juan pablo.
some reporters just shouldnt be allowed to as questions!
Thankyou Schumi you will always have a place in our hearts!
Michael Schumacher- 7 volte Campione del mondo!
SIMPLY THE BEST

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 11 Jan 2008, 19:07

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=33659 wrote: Day three at Jerez for McLaren

McLaren today concluded its first test with its 2008 car, the MP4-23. Following the launch event on Monday the MP4-23 has completed three positive test days at the Jerez track.

Lewis Hamilton, Heikki Kovalainen and Pedro de la Rosa were all present for the test, which ran two MP4-23 chassis without any major issues and saw the new car cover over 1,999 kilometres.

The Woking team will spend the weekend analysing and working with the intelligence gathered from the three day session as the pre-season development programme continues with force. The test team will then return to track action on Monday with Pedro alongside Gary Paffett, who will be taking the wheel of the MP4-23 for the first time.

Today's Times - All Times Unofficial

Name Team T Laps Time Gap
Hamilton McLaren B 86 1:19.691 124.294 mph
Kovalainen McLaren B 93 1:19.752 0.061
Pics: http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/gallery.php?catID=3351

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 13 Jan 2008, 07:14

Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo has hinted that Michael Schumacher will have a part to play in the development of the new Ferrari F2008, referring to the multiple F1 champion as the team's ‘third driver'.

Schumacher, who retired from the sport at the end of the 2006 season, has already returned to the cockpit after testing the F2007 prior to Christmas but now looks set to play a part again for the team during the coming year as the team seeks to reclaim the titles it won last season.

"Like only Fangio and Scheckter before him, Raikkonen won the title with us in his first year,” di Montezemolo was quoted by La Stampa when asked about the teams drivers for the coming campaign. "Now he knows the car and the team better, so it can only improve more.

"Massa has shown he is a winner, and especially in the races he always thinks about the team. The strength of Ferrari is our teamwork.

"And then there is a third driver, Schumacher. We can rely on his experience of driving without traction control."

Raikkonen is so far the only driver to have tested the F2008 after a brief run at Fiorano earlier this week, with Massa set to have his first test in the car next week at Jerez.
3rd driver
Does this signal a lack of confidence in both Kimi and Massa when it comes to testing?

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 13 Jan 2008, 07:30

I think 2007 showed that Ferrari can win without Schumacher as well. :wink: Michael's probably just too bored and wants to do some testing to get the opportunity to drive, but doesn't want to race anymore.

raikks
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by raikks » 13 Jan 2008, 07:38

iceman1 wrote: 3rd driver
Does this signal a lack of confidence in both Kimi and Massa
when it comes to testing?
No, MS just can't stay out of racing and this leads to those
speculation that he was forced to retire, so Kimi can come. Both
were impossible to paid. Or I don't know -- if paying $100 million
per year two man it's okay, than they should have kept M.Schumacher.

In the end, I think Kimi is very happy about Schumi staying around
the team even after a year and a half.
:cheezy:

Lilellatho
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Lilellatho » 13 Jan 2008, 10:57

Well,it seems that Schumi mania is still very much alive in that team. Ok, I might be able to accept that, but come on, it seems that in every piece of news about Ferrari, in every event, every test, every driver interview his name just happens to pop up and I'm getting sick of it. :roll: The guy is retired, F1 certainly moved on so get on with it!

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 13 Jan 2008, 13:20

raikks wrote:
In the end, I think Kimi is very happy about Schumi staying around
the team even after a year and a half.
:cheezy:
Journalist Martin Leclerc, writing for Journal de Montréal, reports that 'an incident' occurred when Kimi Raikkonen approached Schumacher and said "You are my idol, but I do not like the way in which you behave." The Finn is understood to have repeated the phrase several times before finally grabbing Schumacher.

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 14 Jan 2008, 16:03

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/080114150751.shtml wrote: Jerez testing underway

F1 got back into action this morning at the first major test of the New Year. On a wet Jerez track, most teams began running; three of them - Ferrari, McLaren and Toyota - with their new cars.

Felipe Massa ran into some early trouble with a F2008, which had to be returned to the Spanish circuit's pit lane on the back of a truck.

Red Bull's 2008 car, the RB4, will emerge for the first time on Wednesday.

Williams' Nico Rosberg and Kazuki Nakajima were running in the first of a series of special winter liveries, to mark the start of many statistical landmarks for the British team, including its 500th Grand Prix in Turkey.

The team's 2008 car, the FW30, will run for the first time, without being officially 'launched', at Valencia on 22 January.

BMW Sauber, meanwhile, is absent, having unveiled a heavily revised car for this season - notably sporting a bigger than usual front wing - in Munich.

The F1.08 was briefly demonstrated at the launch event by Nick Heidfeld, but the car will make its proper debut at Valencia on Tuesday.
You can follow live update of the times here (well, it updates every now and then):
http://f1today.nl/liveupdate.php?liveupdateID=26