If you had a say in .........

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.

Who would you choose to replace Alonso?

Rosberg
34%
Sutil
16%
Kovalainen
34%
Other
16%

Total votes: 38

metalhead188
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: If you had a say in .........

Post by metalhead188 » 11 Dec 2007, 18:21

Kovalainen will be in F1.... he's to talented not too... if Mclaren doesnt use him then toyota might pick him up to replace trulli this season or next when his contract is up... Sutil will most likely stay since the team is being built around him..

Lilellatho
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Lilellatho » 11 Dec 2007, 19:01

It would be a total shame for Kova to end up at Toyota, cause he would have a crappy car on his hands yet again. But I guess he is too good to play second fiddle to Alonso at Renault or to Hami at McLaren. ''hmm'' By the looks of it, Ferrari will be the most balanced team next year.Oh, the irony... &doh

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 11 Dec 2007, 19:47

Yeah, who would have thought that the biggest competition between teammates will be in Ferrari? :wink: That also means that Alonso and Hamilton have the best chances to win the championship as they don't have to worry about their teammates. Of course the car has to be a good one, too. But as we saw this season, McLaren pretty much lost because the drivers were taking points off one another. I personally think it's better like that than using second drivers and team orders. They're so old-stylish. ''hmm''

metalhead188
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by metalhead188 » 11 Dec 2007, 21:30

Remember team order is still illegal in F1...... ''hmm''

Lilellatho
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Lilellatho » 11 Dec 2007, 21:41

metalhead188 wrote:Remember team order is still illegal in F1...... ''hmm''
Do you actually believe that? :(
If a team wants to favour a driver over his team mate that can be done in so many ways than using the over the top Austria '02 style.

Oh and Alonso and Hamilton will be no. 1 drivers in their teams next year. It's a truth that can't be contested. It would be like saying that the Earth is not round :p $peace

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 12 Dec 2007, 07:38

Yep, I don't think we'll see anything like Austria '02 anymore, but you can easily change the positions with race strategies before the race and in pit stops. Team orders never go completely away in F1.

maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by maltafan » 13 Dec 2007, 10:47

I agree with you. Team orders will still be there, indirectly, in many teams. This year we had Massa go wide in order to get Kimi closer, for example.

What happened in Austria was in insult to the fans' intelligence in my opinion, apart from an arrogant measure against Barrichello

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 14 Dec 2007, 12:05

Kovalainen closes in on McLaren drive
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/64377

Two Finns in top teams... ''hmm'' Now that would be something! !yahoo:

weswhise
car driver
car driver

Post by weswhise » 16 Mar 2008, 03:11

I can't wait to see how Kovalainen does in a good car. After all, he did beat Michael Schumacher to win Race Of Champions.

Toxigenegoober
car driver
car driver

Post by Toxigenegoober » 16 Mar 2008, 06:00

Rosberg. He seems to have gained the driving gene from his family.

dn2shmb
car driver
car driver

Post by dn2shmb » 17 Mar 2008, 19:50

I doubt Sutil hes not quite talented enough to run with the front runners heiki def showed talent some skill with a terrible renault and hes finnish. Rosberg seems to happy with williams and williams i dont think would want to lose him especially with alex w gone.

maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by maltafan » 17 Mar 2008, 22:04

dn2shmb wrote:I doubt Sutil hes not quite talented enough to run with the front runners heiki def showed talent some skill with a terrible renault and hes finnish. Rosberg seems to happy with williams and williams i dont think would want to lose him especially with alex w gone.
I do not think that ALwx was a particular asset to Williams. Nico will be there for 2009 too, when I hope that they will train someone to take his place, unless the car becomes good enough to challenge for the championship.

holicman
car driver
car driver

Post by holicman » 02 Sep 2008, 01:54

lmcsp wrote:Ive have just read pretty much the same sort of subject over at ITV ..

In my opinion, any of those three would be crazy to go to mclaren after what went on this season, and I seriously dont think they [macca] would hire someone that could beat hamilton .. I do know it is all over the news this last couple of days - "we're after nico" - "we're after heikki" blah blah blah, who does macca think they are after the goings on's this year, but I do think we'll see good ol' Mark Webber in the 2nd macca seat next year - I do hope so ..

I didnt think anyone was going to mention him but definitely Mark Webber.

he has done the hard yards and scored points teams ranked either midfield or worse.

He hasnt had the opportunity to race in a Championship contending car and he deserves an opportunity.
Much like Nick Heidfeld.