FIA summons Renault over spying charges

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
Lilellatho
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: FIA summons Renault over spying charges

Post by Lilellatho » 23 Nov 2007, 15:13

ROTFLMAO. :@:2 That's a good one. Like Renault could gain an advantage from info on that piece of garbage car McLaren had in '06. Oh wait there is something that proves they were spying: they somehow had a piece of garbage car this year. ''hmm'' :p
Unquestionable evidence! &doh

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 23 Nov 2007, 15:20

Renault case transcends Ferrari spy saga claims McLaren
http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_ ... t_id=33444

Yeah it could be soon that everyone is accusing each other of something and we'll see many court battles next season. :? But I hope not. Still, if this McLaren's information is right, it means that Renault had been lying too. Yellow_Colorz_PDT_13 They should have used their info better looking at this year though... :roll::

Lilellatho
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Lilellatho » 06 Dec 2007, 18:27

OMG, Renault were found guilty but not penalised!!! :(

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/64302

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 06 Dec 2007, 19:31

Pretty much the same pattern as was with McLaren back in July. What is the right decision is for everyone to judge then. I haven't been following this much but as McLaren issued a clarification etc. I've understood that it wasn't as severe case as it was with McLaren. But I could be wrong too.

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 07 Dec 2007, 13:16

WMSC: Renault didn't benefit from data
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/64310

And here's the full verdict: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/64309

What do you think McLaren will do? Will they appeal or try to gather more evidence like Ferrari did? Or will this loooong court season finally be over?

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 07 Dec 2007, 13:53

The FIA has proven itself to be biased and incapable of running a professional sporting series without favouring or disfavouring certain players in the game
I would like to see Renault punished ,as I believe that what they have done does not do enough to discourage cheating.

Lilellatho
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Lilellatho » 07 Dec 2007, 19:10

I don't think that this case in particular proves that the FIA are biased. If anything, it proves that they are following the same pattern they did in the Ferrari/Mac spy saga. And I don't quite remember so many eyebrows being lifted after that verdict came out. :roll:
Guess we'll just have to wait for some e-mails or text messages to emerge and in that case, for Mac to put an appeal forward in due time :p &doh

I am the first one to say the FIA is a mess, but this is a different case altoghether.

First of all, it wasn't a continuous flow of info from Mackereth, it was just what he took as he left Mac, then there were apparently only four drawings that were shown to some Renault engineers, three of which had nothing to do with the Renault car configuration( fuel system, gear layout and mass damper) and the fourt one that was use for a rule clarification(J damper), and several more things if you read the whole statement issued by the FIA.

Plus, Mac messed things up yet again by exagerating the dimension of the files taken to Renault and then issued a rectification. :( (where oh where is the team I've rooted for all these years? :roll: )

But then again, it's enough for some e-mails to appear and... :p

This is a loooong off season...

martinez
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by martinez » 07 Dec 2007, 22:16

isnt there any rule that the fia can enforce to stop this happening?
or some sort of big threat. i dunno
anything to stop this c**p continuin in f1
Martinez 10

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 09 Dec 2007, 19:36

See Martin Brundle's comments here: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ ... 021312.ece

metalhead188
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by metalhead188 » 11 Dec 2007, 21:29

Now the FIA is Martin Brundle over that article... his defense is free speech and they agree he can have it as long as the judge rules in his favor. Good luck Brundle....... Flag:##