"Cool Fuel" Appeal

Reports, quotes, stats specifically about the F1 2007 season Grands Prix.
qwertyman
kart driver
kart driver

"Cool Fuel" Appeal

Post by qwertyman » 16 Nov 2007, 03:27

I hope the decision for this appeal favors Raikkonnen. Its pretty sad that this championship technically is not over.

I also found an interesting quote from the head Mclaren lawyer:
"It must be right that if the team is disqualified, the driver loses the points as well."
''hmm'' ''hmm'' ''hmm'' That seems very hypocritical to the fact that Mclaren's drivers weren't disqualified after Stephneygate.

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Re: "Cool Fuel" Appeal

Post by Zack » 16 Nov 2007, 10:51

If Hamilton wins f1 loses!
Ian Mill aka Mclaren Lawyer
"The principle is clear,If there was a breach, it was performance-enhancing. The sanction, I'm afraid, has to be disqualification."
I'm afraid that didn't wasn't implemented in mclaren spying saga
"It must be right that if the team is disqualified, the driver loses the points as well. In the other case, the drivers were offered immunity if they assisted the FIA."
Forgetting something! use of B-MAN (Bernie) to avoid banishment from 2007 :p

Bernie Poowwweerrr :T:@
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

forzasab
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by forzasab » 16 Nov 2007, 12:29

Well i remember in 1995 at brazil too actually, Williams and Beneton had irregularities with their fuel, initially they lost their point (drivers included) but the drivers got their points reinstated and it was only the teams that lost their points.
Find the line, the speed will come.

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 16 Nov 2007, 16:00

Pitpass claims that the Court of Appeal has rejected McLaren's appeal. It has not been officially confirmed yet, though.

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_ ... t_id=33411

maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by maltafan » 16 Nov 2007, 17:27

forzasab wrote:Well i remember in 1995 at brazil too actually, Williams and Beneton had irregularities with their fuel, initially they lost their point (drivers included) but the drivers got their points reinstated and it was only the teams that lost their points.
Yes. that what actually happened that day.

I'm pretty sure Hamilton will not be crowned champion, but if I was McLaren, I would have protested too, at least, in respect of my fans.

f1matty14
car driver
car driver

Post by f1matty14 » 16 Nov 2007, 18:05

I think Your right, Mclaren have to do it in Respect to know the rules. You cant have one year, (or several in this case) Teams losing points, and then Years later, them going unpunished, if they go unpunished, wont this mean that anyone could do it?!
The Essene of Speed is vital. The Precision to Overtake Is Craved. Luck... Is Begged For

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 16 Nov 2007, 20:05

DECISION OF THE INTERNATIONAL COURT OF APPEAL

The FIA International Court of Appeal met in London on Thursday, November 15, 2007, to examine an appeal lodged by the Motor Sports Association (MSA) on behalf of its licence-holder Vodafone McLaren Mercedes against the decision (document 41) of the Panel of the Stewards of the 2007 Brazilian Grand Prix dated 21 October 2007 and counting towards the 2007 FIA Formula One World Championship.

Following a report from the Technical Delegate indicating that the temperature of fuel pumped into the cars N°9 - Nick Heidfeld, N°10 - Robert Kubica, N°16 - Nico Rosberg and N°17 - Kazuki Nakajima, was more than 10 degrees centigrade below ambient temperature, the Stewards of the Meeting met to consider whether a penalty should be imposed. Having heard the evidence they decided not to impose a penalty as they had sufficient doubt as to both the temperature of the fuel on board the car and to the true ambient temperature.

Having heard the explanations of both parties and having examined the various documents and other evidence, the Court decided that the appeal lodged by Vodafone McLaren Mercedes is inadmissible.

The International Court of Appeal was presided over by Mr Jan STOVICEK (Czech Republic), elected President, and composed of Mr John CASSIDY (United States), Mr Vassilis KOUSSIS (Greece) and Mr José MACEDO e CUNHA (Portugal).

The full text of the International Court of Appeal’s decision is available, on request, from the secretariat of the FIA International Court of Appeal in Paris.
Not a big surprise :p ,

Lilellatho
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Lilellatho » 16 Nov 2007, 20:20

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!! It's finally over !yahoo: !yahoo: !yahoo:

KIMI RAIKKONEN WORLD CHAMPION 2007 !yahoo: !yahoo: !yahoo: @Beer !cool!!!!

I must admit I was worried cause I didn't know what was taking them so long but now it's finally over and Kimi can celebrate one more time :angel: !grin! !yahoo:

Bring on 2008!!! :T:@

f1matty14
car driver
car driver

Post by f1matty14 » 16 Nov 2007, 20:23

But, i bring this up again, if BMW and Williams have now both got away with running "cool Fuel", Surley every other team may start doing this.

It may be that Williams and BMW got away with it because of lack of evidence, but other teams can always "loose and misplace" evidence!
The Essene of Speed is vital. The Precision to Overtake Is Craved. Luck... Is Begged For

Lilellatho
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Lilellatho » 16 Nov 2007, 20:50

Wow, you McLaren fans sure are sore loosers. Why can't you just accept that Kimi won this championship fair and square??? After all, he did have 6 wins &doh

And have you even read the whole statement? The appeal was dismissed due to the fact that they HAD SUFFICIENT DOUBT AS TO BOTH THE TEMPERATURE OF THE FUEL ON BOARD THE CAR AND THE TRUE AMBIENT TEMPERATURE.
Besides, Mac didn't even have a case to begin with, as they protested against the wrong thing! &doh

And don't even get me started on all the things that McLaren was forgiven for this year :<>: Oh, and I'm not a Ferrari fan if that's what you're thinking, I was actually a fan of McLaren since I started watching the sport in 2002, but what they have been doing this year was just wrong.

So get over it, accept the sentence and continue enjoying the sport, cause that's why we are on this forum in the first place, right?

Bring on 2008 :T:@

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 16 Nov 2007, 21:12

Lilellatho wrote: Bring on 2008 :T:@
yeah, Let's concentrate on 2008 :T:@ - Kimi is the champion!!

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 16 Nov 2007, 21:37

This is probably the longest season ever. :p. And it's finally over... *sigh*

Yeah, let's hope that in 2008 everyone focus more in winning on the track!

MrReasonable
kart driver
kart driver

Post by MrReasonable » 17 Nov 2007, 06:06

Lilellatho wrote:Wow, you McLaren fans sure are sore loosers. Why can't you just accept that Kimi won this championship fair and square??? After all, he did have 6 wins &doh

And have you even read the whole statement? The appeal was dismissed due to the fact that they HAD SUFFICIENT DOUBT AS TO BOTH THE TEMPERATURE OF THE FUEL ON BOARD THE CAR AND THE TRUE AMBIENT TEMPERATURE.
Besides, Mac didn't even have a case to begin with, as they protested against the wrong thing! &doh

And don't even get me started on all the things that McLaren was forgiven for this year :<>: Oh, and I'm not a Ferrari fan if that's what you're thinking, I was actually a fan of McLaren since I started watching the sport in 2002, but what they have been doing this year was just wrong.

So get over it, accept the sentence and continue enjoying the sport, cause that's why we are on this forum in the first place, right?

Bring on 2008 :T:@
Actually the text you quote is from the initial stewards desicion at Brazil, and not the FIA statement today.

Before I go any further, Kimi is the champion. Kimi is the legitimate, fair and square, no-foolin champion. (trying to head off any sour grapes accusations).

Im not upset about the result, but the way they arrived at it really irritates me.

The FIA did not reject the appeal, they refused to hear it. They ruled it was inadmissable as an appeal because Mclaren was not an interested party. Mclaren was looking for a clarification as to why the stewards could not rule on a possible infraction because of a lack of data. Its important to remember that this was started by an FIA technical delegate and not Mclaren itself.

Ian Mill's comments about disqualification were unfortunate in that they clouded the issue, which is an important one. The FIA is either unable or unwilling to accurately verify that rules are being followed. That is troubling, and today's desicion should be seen by all fans as bad news.

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 17 Nov 2007, 06:40

Finally 2007 is over !yahoo: *(customer car appeal... .. .)

IMHO .. BMW & Williams escaped from penalty or fine!
Also Mclaren's intention for appeal were unclouded by Ian Mill $peace
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

syafiqa
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by syafiqa » 17 Nov 2007, 10:03

Hooray..this season finally over..Kimi wins and he actually deserve it. No doubt. Hamilton can try for the next year. Just focus on race next year. Leave it unnecessary things behind. Close old book and now to open a new book. Hehe..I think next year would be more exciting because Alonso have leave Mclaren and open opportunity to other teams to fight with two dominant teams this year, ferrari and mclaren. Because he so talented driver. I loved and enjoyed to see F1. !cool!!!!