Where will be Alonso in 2008?

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.

Where will Alonso be in 2008?

Renault
67%
Williams
9%
Red Bull
6%
Toyota
12%
Honda
6%
Another Team
No votes
Gardening Leave
No votes

Total votes: 33

Silver Shadow
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: Where will be Alonso in 2008?

Post by Silver Shadow » 02 Nov 2007, 13:33

According to the BBC, Alonso will either go to Renault or Red Bull. What are the chances?

Lilellatho
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Lilellatho » 02 Nov 2007, 14:13

Wow, I can't believe it's confirmed already...Ron Dennis did say two weeks... Well, I suppose it was to be expected that FA would leave McLaren, even though I kept thinking he might stay for the sake of their competitive car alone.

Anyway, wherever he goes, I hope that it will be with a team that gives him the chance to fight for the championship, cause even though I've supported Kimi all along, I am a fan of the sport first and foremost and I want to see as many drivers as possible battling it out on the track.

As I see it, his best choices would be Renault and BMW. But I don't think he would be willing to sign a long-term deal, so Red Bull may also come into the picture. I don't think Toyota is an option for him.

That being said, bring on 2008 :T:@ @Beer

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 02 Nov 2007, 15:26

Silver Shadow wrote:According to the BBC, Alonso will either go to Renault or Red Bull. What are the chances?
Most likely....1 year at Red Bull then a switch to Renault the following year, or Renault at once.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 02 Nov 2007, 15:46

Silver Shadow wrote:According to the BBC, Alonso will either go to Renault or Red Bull. What are the chances?
According to his manager, he is free to race anywhere
Renault is the logical choice, but Toyota have the most money, or Red Bull
Alonso is on the way to Williams for a year, Rosberg is off to McLaren.... :roll::

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 02 Nov 2007, 15:49

most likely Renault ''hmm''

*Added poll to the topic :wink:
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

McLaren-F1
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by McLaren-F1 » 02 Nov 2007, 16:14

he'll go to Williams and Rosberg comes to McLaren..
4ever McLaren...

phillyred79
kart driver
kart driver

Post by phillyred79 » 02 Nov 2007, 17:03

Boy, I thought 2007 was a crazy good season... 2008 will be even better!!!! I am extremely interested to see where FA goes because if he can turn around a team like Red Bull or Renault then I would believe that the age old debate of which is the more contributing factor- car or driver should get an interesting answer! No doubt Alonso can drive, but man if he goes to Red Bull and starts getting podium finishes, whew.. That would be awesome for the sport.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 02 Nov 2007, 18:43

Interesting quote from TGF refering to Alonso not going to Ferrari "I have to disappoint all of Fernando's fans".

sejtur
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sejtur » 02 Nov 2007, 19:32

Who is TGF?

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 02 Nov 2007, 20:46

in a way it's a good thing if FA won't drive for ferrari co'z it will be total domination for the prancing horse, more dominating than circa 2001-2002 $peace $peace $peace $peace !grin! !grin! !grin! !grin! !yahoo: !yahoo: !yahoo: !yahoo: !yahoo:

maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by maltafan » 02 Nov 2007, 21:53

sejtur wrote:Who is TGF?
TGF = That German fellow is Schumi

newtrex
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by newtrex » 03 Nov 2007, 08:41

I heard that he is going to williams....

check this out

http://www.crash.net/motorsport/f1/news ... _home.html
Williams to offer Alonso temporary home?

Williams has emerged as a surprise candidate to land the services of Fernando Alonsonext season, as the double world champion keeps his options open with regard to a future role at Ferrari.

According to Spain's as.com, Alonso could be tempted to spend a single season with the Grove team before heading off to Maranello, rather than find himself bound to a three-year deal at former employer Renault, or struggling at the back of the midfield battle at Toyota. Quite what Frank Williams gets out of the deal is hard to see, however, other than the kudos of having a double world champion leading his attack.

Although Renaultremains favourite to land Alonso should he decide, as is likely, to flee McLarenfor 2008, there has been no movement on that front since the season finale in Brazil a week ago, as McLaren waits to talk to both its drivers about their future involvement with the team. Lewis Hamilton, however, will be discussing little other than the size of his salary increase.

"Several options are open and we are discussing them all," Alonso told Spain's Telecinco television channel, "I have an idea, an intention, an illusion. I know what I want to do next year, but I do not know if it will be possible. Whatever happens, it will be a difficult year."

The double champion intimated that he would not remain as Hamilton's team-mate in 2008, and hinted that neither Renault or Toyota were at the head of that list of options.

Toyota, however, remains undaunted, and insists that it is waiting to pick up the pieces should Alonso not sign with Flavio Briatore. As Williams 'engine partner', could the Cologne operation pull rank on Grove and steal the Spaniard away? Toyota would certainly be able to out-bid Williams, and probably even Renault, to land Alonso, but would the double champion want to go there?

If Ferrariis the ultimate destination for Alonso - and there have been an unusual number of plaudits from members of the Prancing Horse in recent weeks - it is unlikely that McLarenwould let him go directly to Maranello next season, thus a year at a supposedly 'lesser' team would make more sense than a year on 'gardening leave'.

None of the four teams now involved in the Alonso debate have announced their line-ups for next season - unlike Ferrari - but will be looking to tie up loose ends in the next couple of weeks, with the first of the winter tests scheduled to kick off in Barcelona on 13 November.

Williams has one berth confirmed as vacant for 2008, following Alex Wurz's decision to retire from racing, although Toyota protege Kazuki Nakajima is rumoured to be in line for that seat. Meanwhile, the team has openly admitted that it is unwilling to part with Nico Rosberg, who has been linked to both McLaren and Toyota. Should it manage to retain the German, another season as reserve combined with GP2 would surely not harm Nakajima.....

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 03 Nov 2007, 12:16

Some speculation...
http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/n ... 5050.shtml

I don't really believe in Alonso's Ferrari chances. They wouldn't have signed Massa's contract yet if they had wanted Alonso. It could be that Alonso's top career ends here or then he goes back to Renault and Renault manages to get back to championship fight. It seems quite unlikely for them to do it on this year's basis but Ferrari did it in 2005 -> 2006 so it's possible.

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 03 Nov 2007, 13:58

i don't think Ferrari's driver line up is going to change at least till 2010.I bet kimi's contract will be extended till 2011+.
IMO ..If Spanish sponsors follow him to Williams or Renault ..they can be very competitive!
Red Bull is as illegal as prodrive ....i think he shouldn't go thr :(
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 03 Nov 2007, 15:22

Briatore makes Alonso offer to return
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/63770