Hamilton decision to stay on track with damaged rear tyre

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
dacer
Donator
Donator

Hamilton decision to stay on track with damaged rear tyre

Post by dacer » 07 Oct 2007, 13:24

Anyone understand why Hamilton fight with Kimi and even with Trulli when he only have to fight with Alonso. And even he can finish one place behind Alonso if scored only 1 point less.

After his fights, he destroyed his rear tyres, and this was his only problem.

Even, when he saw his rear tyres, why he was on track?. Why not change the tyres?. He had a stupid decision.

Really I think he loose his race himself, and the team was guilty too, because they had to force him to go pit. A very stupid decision, he could loose the championship for this.

bijoyss
car driver
car driver

Re: Hamilton decision to stay on track with damaged rear tyre

Post by bijoyss » 07 Oct 2007, 13:33

this is formula 1...
For a formula 1 driver,the only goal is to win the race.....

dacer
Donator
Donator

Post by dacer » 07 Oct 2007, 13:59

bijoyss wrote:this is formula 1...
For a formula 1 driver,the only goal is to win the race.....
Not, the only is to win the championship.

Lightning983
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lightning983 » 07 Oct 2007, 14:06

Well dacer, you should really visit some F1 sites and read up first...

Hamilton couldn't see his tire, because he said his mirrors were fogged up and dirty... and he and McLaren decided to hold him on the track because it started to rain... now that was a mistake, because the tire was so work that it started delaminating. Hamilton didn't know that, and i guess they decided to bring him in just as he was near the pits...

And what do you suppose a F1 driver should do if someone comes up behind him and its a fight for position? pull over and let him pass...

It was McLaren's fault for not forcing the issue of changing the tire, and Hamilton's for making a mistake at the pit entrance.

julie
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by julie » 07 Oct 2007, 14:28

In fairness the team should of got him in earlier. They should of known the way the tyres would be and in the end he made the mistake and ended up in the wall. There was no need to race against Kimi the way he did. He just needed to finish and get some points and he could of had the world championship. BUt in the end he cocked up for once
ImageImage

dacer
Donator
Donator

Post by dacer » 07 Oct 2007, 14:34

Lightning983 wrote:Well dacer, you should really visit some F1 sites and read up first...
I used to read F1 sites. And used to see races from a lot of years ago.
Lightning983 wrote: Hamilton couldn't see his tire, because he said his mirrors were fogged up and dirty...
ummm, drivers can feel graining, debris and others on the tyres but can not feel a damage tyre?
Have you ever drive a car?
Lightning983 wrote: and he and McLaren decided to hold him on the track because it started to rain... now that was a mistake, because the tire was so work that it started delaminating. Hamilton didn't know that, and i guess they decided to bring him in just as he was near the pits...
They (team and driver) bid for win the race. The loose the race and maybe more of that.
Lightning983 wrote: And what do you suppose a F1 driver should do if someone comes up behind him and its a fight for position? pull over and let him pass...
If you win a championship doing it. YES OF COURSE!!!!!
Lightning983 wrote: It was McLaren's fault for not forcing the issue of changing the tire, and Hamilton's for making a mistake at the pit entrance.
Yes, that's what I said. They had a stupid decision.

pacocopan
car driver
car driver

Post by pacocopan » 07 Oct 2007, 16:15

Hamilton couldn't see his tire, because he said his mirrors were fogged up and dirty...
Hamilton has committed an stupid mistake. Or does he want that FIA stewards penalize his mirrors?

Lightning983
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lightning983 » 07 Oct 2007, 16:16

dacer wrote: ummm, drivers can feel graining, debris and others on the tyres but can not feel a damage tyre?
Have you ever drive a car?
I'm just relaying what i read... and what Hamilton said after the race... so go ask him if he's ever driven a car...
dacer wrote: If you win a championship doing it. YES OF COURSE!!!!!
Well i guess some people like to watch that :roll::
I for one want to watch someone fighting till the last lap of the last race...
dacer wrote: Yes, that's what I said. They had a stupid decision.
Well it wasn't only McLarens because Hamilton has a say in it too...

maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by maltafan » 07 Oct 2007, 17:57

pacocopan wrote:
Hamilton couldn't see his tire, because he said his mirrors were fogged up and dirty...
Hamilton has committed an stupid mistake. Or does he want that FIA stewards penalize his mirrors?
Hamilton admitted he was his fault, where foes the FIA get into it?

maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by maltafan » 07 Oct 2007, 17:59

As I said in another thread, it's a joint mistake. Maccas for not making him change tyres earlier and hamilton for not slowing down enough to take that curve if his tyres were sooooooo bad.

dacer
Donator
Donator

Post by dacer » 07 Oct 2007, 18:48

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/ ... /6952.html
Lewis Hamilton, McLaren (DNF):
“When I got out of the car I was obviously gutted for both myself and the team. I haven’t made a mistake all year but I am over it now. There is still one race to go, so I can still do it. I made a strong start to the race and my first stop went well. Prior to entering the pit lane for my last stop I was constantly talking to the team. Although my tyres were in poor condition we took a joint decision to get through the last rain shower before changing to dry tyres.
Now the best:
I was trying to be very careful and as a result was not really fighting aggressively with Kimi.
jajajajajajajajaja. Yes he let's him overtake!!! jajajajajajaja. Tipicall, as children. "yes you score because I let you do it"
It would have worked out perfectly, but I then made a mistake coming into the pitlane and that was it. We made the right decision, and it was just unfortunate. I will now focus on attacking in Brazil where I will do everything I can to bounce back.”
NO, you make the wrong decision!!!

Lightning983
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lightning983 » 07 Oct 2007, 19:37

well dacer... you summed it all up, i agree 100% :T:@

pacocopan
car driver
car driver

Post by pacocopan » 08 Oct 2007, 15:04

maltafan wrote:
pacocopan wrote:
Hamilton admitted he was his fault, where foes the FIA get into it?
Oh! Let me remember! Monaco; Nurburgring,s crane; Hungary; Japan. He's being the FIA protected.

martinez
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by martinez » 08 Oct 2007, 20:19

but dont you think it was rather clumsy on hamilton's part to understeer into gravel? in my view he should have been more careful
Martinez 10

maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by maltafan » 08 Oct 2007, 21:36

well, if it was Fernando instead, he would have said that MCLaren wanted to sabotage his car and did that on purpose. Instead, he put part of the blame on him.