Hamilton "under investigation"

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
Silver Shadow
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: Hamilton "under investigation"

Post by Silver Shadow » 05 Oct 2007, 12:36

I must say, Hamilton has tried to make himself bigger than the sport by threatening to quit F1 if he's punished. I could tolerate him when he was beating Kimi, based on the fact that he was also beating Alonso :) . However, to not have any modesty and say that because I did something illegal (In the FIA's view) and not get any preferential treatment from them, I will quit; that's just pushing it. Michael Schumacher played more "dirty tricks" than Hamilton has and he never threatened to quit. The lowest point in recent memory was the whole Rascasse incident in Monaco last year. That was dirty, but Schumi never said that because he got punished, he will quit the sport or whatever. I think Hamilton is now just a complainer...

Lightning983
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lightning983 » 05 Oct 2007, 12:38

OKay, so it looks like there wasn't even an investigation into this, just Torro Rosso trying to clear Vettel's penalty...

http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,18954, ... 16,00.html

Lightning983
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lightning983 » 05 Oct 2007, 12:43

Silver Shadow wrote:I must say, Hamilton has tried to make himself bigger than the sport by threatening to quit F1 if he's punished. I could tolerate him when he was beating Kimi, based on the fact that he was also beating Alonso :) . However, to not have any modesty and say that because I did something illegal (In the FIA's view) and not get any preferential treatment from them, I will quit; that's just pushing it. Michael Schumacher played more "dirty tricks" than Hamilton has and he never threatened to quit. The lowest point in recent memory was the whole Rascasse incident in Monaco last year. That was dirty, but Schumi never said that because he got punished, he will quit the sport or whatever. I think Hamilton is now just a complainer...
Here's the link i read it from: http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,18954, ... 95,00.html

I couldn't belive it either... he really thinks he's god or something...
And everyone start complaining when i say that he should have started at the back of the grid... everyone started at the back... it at least gave them some perspective and prevented them from being so arrogant after not even a complete season. look at alonso, webber, raikonnen, massa... EVERYONE started with a backmarker team. At least they know what it feels like to drive a crappy car...

OKay so i guess we definatley don't agree about Schumacher, i for one think he had a brain fade at Rascasse, and if anyone thinks that was planned... well you really give credit to Schumi. Thinking and pulling off such a manouvre !grin!

Now back to the main point. Hamilton thinks he's bigger than F1. OK if he want to quit i doubt anyone will remember him in 2 years time... most of his fans are season F1 fans (meaning they won't watch F1 when hamilton starts loosing) anyways...

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 05 Oct 2007, 12:46

Interesting Q & A with Kovalainen on the Fuji SC row

Code: Select all

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/63033
Q. I understand that the FIA instructed your team to tell you not to get too close to Lewis. Why wouldn't the FIA simply inform Lewis to keep a five-car gap between himself and the safety car, as per the rules?

HK: Honestly, you would need to ask Charlie [Whiting] from the FIA. I don't know why. I was surprised to hear from my team that I had a warning from the FIA to not get too close to Lewis. I was surprised, because I didn't feel I was causing any danger to anyone.

Of course when the restart is about to happen I am going to be there every time because I want to try to make a move as soon as I can, and I was trying to be as close as possible to him. But I don't know why no one said anything to Lewis.

Q. Is that strange, or is it normal under the safety car?

HK: I don't want to say anything about that. Honestly, it's not my business. All I heard was that my team was telling me to take it easy with him.

:@:2 :@:2
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

Silver Shadow
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Silver Shadow » 05 Oct 2007, 12:47

Alright then. Vettel's penalty has been replaced with a reprimand, which I think is a victory in itself. Had there been a punishment for Hamilton, I just wish that he wouldn't be so outspoken about this and take it in the same nice guy way which he takes his victories. His attitude from this weekend clearly shows that his nice guy attitude is just a face, and not genuine.

Lightning983
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lightning983 » 05 Oct 2007, 12:53

Okay, another update... no punishment for Hamilton and the penalty for Vettel replaced with a reprimand... http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/63039

What did i tell you guys right after you started this thread? !grin! !grin!
Hamilton can't loose... he has the entire McLaren team backing him, and also there's FIA...

Now what's the next think Charlie and his buddies Lewis & Ron could think of? Maybe we get a great qually with lewis 1st and then the scrap the race because of a typhoon and automatically give Lewis all 10 points !grin! !grin! !grin!

And also there's this:
http://f1.motoplaneta.pl/index.php?1&mo ... s&&s=12998
Translation:
Reportedly during SC period, team Renault told him (Heikki) to stay far behind Hamilton, because of the advice of Charlie Whiting from FIA.

-Honestly speaking, you have to ask Charlie [Whiting] from FIA. I don't know why - said Finnish driver. I was surprised when I heard from the team that I got a warning from FIA, not to approach Lewis.

Silver Shadow
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Silver Shadow » 05 Oct 2007, 12:54

Lightning983 wrote:Now back to the main point. Hamilton thinks he's bigger than F1. OK if he want to quit i doubt anyone will remember him in 2 years time... most of his fans are season F1 fans (meaning they won't watch F1 when hamilton starts loosing) anyways...
Couldn't agree with you more. I remember back in 1996 when the kids in my class were watching F1 because Jacques Villeneuve, the Canadian, was winning and came close to winning that year. They said that 1997 would be the year, and it was. After 1997 though, there wasn't a lot of talk anymore about Villeneuve or F1. By then of course, I was just following it casually by checking results and stuff like that...

Lightning983
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lightning983 » 05 Oct 2007, 13:03

You will always have fans like that... its inevitable. But what annoys me the most is that they think they know all about F1 just because they have been watching it for a year or 2, and their guy is winning all the time...

I'm a ferrari fan for as long as i can remember (that probably being about 1989... !grin! ) and i was a fan of Schumacher since i first saw him race in Belgium... i was a fan through the bad times and the good... actually my favourite years were '95 - '00 so its not about winning...

And now we have people saying schumacher who? senna who? all because Hamilton is the "next big think" in F1. Well i'm just waiting for next year, or the year after that when he start having DNF's because of bad cars, or bad start positions... THEN we're gonna see what kind of caracter Hamilton and his fans are...

Silver Shadow
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Silver Shadow » 05 Oct 2007, 13:28

A champion whilst being a rookie is detrimental. You then expect so much and when the team is not able to produce, you don't know what to do next. He will be champion, but when he fails, he just won't be able to understand why and will begin a downward spiral. I would put my money on Adrian Sutil being more successful than Lewis Hamilton because you build character when you're not winning, not when you're winning. Seeing Sutil drive up to 12th and harass Coulthard in Belgium was greater than any Hamilton victory for me to see...

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 05 Oct 2007, 14:23

No punishment, is the only right thing they could do. He is only a Rookie, don't forget that. A warning is right $peace
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

lmcsp
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by lmcsp » 05 Oct 2007, 14:25

zack wrote: Q. I understand that the FIA instructed your team to tell you not to get too close to Lewis. Why wouldn't the FIA simply inform Lewis to keep a five-car gap between himself and the safety car, as per the rules?

HK: Honestly, you would need to ask Charlie [Whiting] from the FIA. I don't know why. I was surprised to hear from my team that I had a warning from the FIA to not get too close to Lewis. I was surprised, because I didn't feel I was causing any danger to anyone.

Of course when the restart is about to happen I am going to be there every time because I want to try to make a move as soon as I can, and I was trying to be as close as possible to him. But I don't know why no one said anything to Lewis.

Q. Is that strange, or is it normal under the safety car?

HK: I don't want to say anything about that. Honestly, it's not my business. All I heard was that my team was telling me to take it easy with him.

:@:2 :@:2
Hmm, so let me understand this .. Charlie [Whiting] instructed Renault to tell Heikki not to challenge hamilton?
I have to say, this is becoming rather annoying - and I am not even going to go into that fact that he [ham] wont be punished for causing the webber/vettel shunt ..

lmcsp
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by lmcsp » 05 Oct 2007, 14:32

joostlamers wrote:No punishment, is the only right thing they could do. He is only a Rookie, don't forget that. A warning is right $peace
No offense mate, but I feel that "rookie" isnt really a word that should be quoted as much as it has .. hamilton has been groomed for F1 for 10 odd years

Although, also - I would say that none of the drivers in that race on Sunday have driven in F1 in those conditions before - so that would make them all "rookies", yes?

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 05 Oct 2007, 14:58

Silver Shadow wrote:I would put my money on Adrian Sutil being more successful than Lewis Hamilton because you build character when you're not winning, not when you're winning. Seeing Sutil drive up to 12th and harass Coulthard in Belgium was greater than any Hamilton victory for me to see...

"The lesson is in the struggle, not the victory"

Don't forget guys we are living in dream* :@:2 $peace
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 05 Oct 2007, 15:38

It's tough at the top, but it's a whole lot tougher at the bottom.

This rookie thing really pisses me off. It is used to enhance his praises if he does well, and as an excuse when he mucks up. :<>:

Lightning983
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lightning983 » 05 Oct 2007, 16:55

donald29 wrote:It's tough at the top, but it's a whole lot tougher at the bottom.

This rookie thing really pisses me off. It is used to enhance his praises if he does well, and as an excuse when he mucks up. :<>:
i KNOW!!

Its something like: wow he's amazing... so many victories... and a WDC... and he's a rookie!
And then we get... oh no... he didin't make a mistake there... its just inexpirience... after all he is a rookie right?

Wasn't it Senna who once said he didn't want to join F1 in a top team, but he really could have? And i definatley agree that you build a lot of character and will power if you start at the back... not to mention patience.
And also this "I will be in McLaren for the rest of my career" thing... i think he'll be singing a different song after one season like say 2003... or 2006...