Hamilton "under investigation"

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Hamilton "under investigation"

Post by donald29 » 04 Oct 2007, 19:34

Faultless race my arse

Candinator
car driver
car driver

Post by Candinator » 04 Oct 2007, 20:07

this investigation is stupid in some way. if you just look at the race conditions, racing (even behind the safety car) was dangerous from the very beginning and some people suggested not to race and now they are investigating that dangerous racing:) the other thing is (as someone already stated) that it would be really too much to take his points away, although I don't rule out the possibility of 10 place drop in qualifying, just to make the championship open till the last race. but still I don't believe there will be any punishment. just something for the media to write about.

devereux
kart driver
kart driver

Post by devereux » 04 Oct 2007, 20:35

hamilton should get a ten place drop, and vettel lose his penalty. wat was hamilton doin? he definately wasnt thinking about the pack. absolute rookie mistake

maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by maltafan » 04 Oct 2007, 21:10

Look at where Hamilton was in that vid. He was nowhere interrupting Webber, as the Aussie was in another racing line, and Hammy was not interrupting him for sure.

Take a look at other times when the safety car went out and tell me where drivers keep a lot of distance between one and another

Excuses, only excuses, Mr Webber.

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 04 Oct 2007, 21:43

devereux wrote:hamilton should get a ten place drop, and vettel lose his penalty. wat was hamilton doin? he definately wasnt thinking about the pack. absolute rookie mistake
The only thing Hami was doing wrong, is not to keep enough distance to the SC. Red Bull was wrong, for not listening to Hamilton and McLaren, by leaving a gap, between them and Lewis. If it's true that Hamilton kept saying to McLaren, that they should contact Red Bull, about the gap between them, then they can't blame Lewis for the accident. As I said, they can only punish him for not keeping the gap to the SC. That's all
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

crazr
kart driver
kart driver

Post by crazr » 04 Oct 2007, 22:01

joostlamers wrote:...what runs the Red Bull cars... Ferrari engine ''hmm''
Actually, the Red Bull cars use Renault engines. The Torro Rosso cars use Ferrari engines.

crazr
kart driver
kart driver

Post by crazr » 04 Oct 2007, 22:06

zack wrote:...F~0~M copyright notice is printed behind ticket ..and is mention that F~0~M/FIA will have copyright of any reproduction of the event...bla bla .. .which includes private cam captures too. &doh
I'd like to see that stand up in a real world court of law and not their circus act of the WMSC. YouTube should have the b*** to tell them to stick it up their a**. And maybe they did, because it is still available on their site.

Based on this video, rain or shine, it is very normal for drivers to keep their tires and brakes up to temp. All drivers know this and practice it. Here, Lewis clearly moves well off line leaving more than 3 car widths space between him and Webo. Vettel clearly took his eyes off-the-ball, and punted Webo. Look at the gaps between all the other cars. And in the end, Vettel is his own best critic...“And by the time I was looking back to the front I was already crashing into Mark’s rear end.”

devereux
kart driver
kart driver

Post by devereux » 04 Oct 2007, 23:03

joostlamers wrote:
devereux wrote:hamilton should get a ten place drop, and vettel lose his penalty. wat was hamilton doin? he definately wasnt thinking about the pack. absolute rookie mistake
The only thing Hami was doing wrong, is not to keep enough distance to the SC. Red Bull was wrong, for not listening to Hamilton and McLaren, by leaving a gap, between them and Lewis. If it's true that Hamilton kept saying to McLaren, that they should contact Red Bull, about the gap between them, then they can't blame Lewis for the accident. As I said, they can only punish him for not keeping the gap to the SC. That's all
he was speeding up and slowing down all over the place, you only do that when there is no safety car, like the warm up lap or when the safety car pulls off. your either blind or you must love lewis hamilton.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 05 Oct 2007, 01:42

There was a chance Mark would win He was faster than Lewis before the safety car, as was Vettel

z06_23_45
car driver
car driver

Post by z06_23_45 » 05 Oct 2007, 02:31

I believe Hamilton should be punished. Alonso got his BS penalty for the blocking incident and now it is Lewis' turn. Taking Alonso's pole from him cost him a ton of points. What goes up must come down. Lewis is a dirty little b******d and he tries to play the innocent part. It's about time he gets a punishment for something. I really hope he gets a severe punishment.

Edit Zack :- Please Use *** $peace

Silver Shadow
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Silver Shadow » 05 Oct 2007, 04:29

I support Raikkonen, but after looking at that video, I don't think Lewis was really at fault. I would leave it as a race incident and that's it. However, I'm not an expert nor an FIAbot who knows the rulebook front and back. I will go with my earlier statement though until there is some evidence that shows otherwise...

Lightning983
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lightning983 » 05 Oct 2007, 06:26

joostlamers wrote:The only thing Hami was doing wrong, is not to keep enough distance to the SC. Red Bull was wrong, for not listening to Hamilton and McLaren, by leaving a gap, between them and Lewis. If it's true that Hamilton kept saying to McLaren, that they should contact Red Bull, about the gap between them, then they can't blame Lewis for the accident. As I said, they can only punish him for not keeping the gap to the SC. That's all
No he's obligated by the rules to keep a maximum and minimum distance, but his erratic driving is what set the chain of events in motion... you absolutely don't do those kind of acceleration - brake stuff in those conditions... it was his fault and i hope he'll get punished for it, and Vettel get is 10 grid penalty removed.

I guess the majority of the F1 driver pack agree, because they said so. The only thing that was on lewis' mind at that time was how HE was going to keep his brakes and tires warm... he didn't even think there were other drivers behind him... after all why would he care about those "monkeys" (as he refers to them) behind him?
Silver Shadow wrote:I support Raikkonen, but after looking at that video, I don't think Lewis was really at fault. I would leave it as a race incident and that's it. However, I'm not an expert nor an FIAbot who knows the rulebook front and back. I will go with my earlier statement though until there is some evidence that shows otherwise...
Yeah, i would be OK with that if not for Kubica's drive through at that race...

Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dark_Fisico » 05 Oct 2007, 11:40

They've made too many stupid penalties for that race... The line between racing accident and bad driving has been blurred... In my opinon Vettel and Kubica should not have been punished, but because they have been punished it is only right Hamilton does to... Not points wise but 10 place just like Vettel...

Plus as for Hamilton saying he told McLaren to tell Mark to slow down, well RBR have said they didn't get anything like that through to them... So even if Hammi did say it, Macca didn't relay it... So it isn't Marks fault for not listening, he had nothing to listen to...

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 05 Oct 2007, 11:47

pacocopan
car driver
car driver

Post by pacocopan » 05 Oct 2007, 12:28

maltafan wrote:Look at where Hamilton was in that vid. He was nowhere interrupting Webber, as the Aussie was in another racing line, and Hammy was not interrupting him for sure.

Take a look at other times when the safety car went out and tell me where drivers keep a lot of distance between one and another

Excuses, only excuses, Mr Webber.
Hamilton was in another race line because he wants webber overtake him and go into penalty, but he doesn't want Webber crash with him. I think that it's an illegal manoeuvre.