Hamilton Family's big mouth...

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
Lightning983
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Hamilton Family's big mouth...

Post by Lightning983 » 30 Sep 2007, 09:23

Okay i know its all about doing the talking ON the track, but how can you like Lewis after comments like this:
(This was in the morning interview)
"I mean, if the team wants to keep him they keep him but I'm here to stay as long as they want me.I don't know who else would slip in here, but I'd much rather it were Fernando in a Ferrari and me in a McLaren."
So he's team manager now?

"I think it will be interesting to see during the last three races whether he'll have the thing Michael Schumacher had, where he'll do anything ... (not caring) whether he runs himself or anyone else on the grid off the road. Will he do absolutely anything? I guess that's one of the questions, will he break under pressure? We'll just have to wait and see. It will ruin his reputation more than mine, because I'd never do that. I want to win this fair and square.''

And after the race:
"Obviously driving in the wet and leading and doing the last lap and thinking of races Senna and Prost were in, makes me feel I am on my way to achieving something similar to them,"

His Dad actually said after the qually in an interview: "WE HAD a great lap", and "WE ARE going to talk to Alonso about fair play"

What's the deal with that... he's REALLY starting to be the most arrogant driver i have ever seen... he's a Rookie!! we all remember Villeneuve in his 1st year, maybe even more impressive than Hamilton considering the tehnical state of F1.
He's comparing himself to Prost and Senna? he's not even close to those 2, and not to mention MS...

He should just shut the f*** up, because he reminds me of Eddie Irvine, just not nearly as funny and a bit faster on the track :D
Up untill i read those coments from him, and together with his dad's coments... i can honestly say i'm not a fan.

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Hamilton Family's big mouth...

Post by donald29 » 30 Sep 2007, 09:26

i completely agree

dazmoffman
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by dazmoffman » 30 Sep 2007, 23:14

Wow i have found the lair or the infamous hamilton hate mail gang

no he is not team manager he is saying his opinion like you (and i) are is your opinion more important than his? no
i havent a clue why he mentioned senna and prost i know senna is his hero but they were all conquering champions,so i think he was getting a bit carried away there,all the top drivers are arrogant thats the disapline that they have to be the best its a mental game and a tactic that works its phycological, i cant say i have ever seen a modest F1 driver anyway good luck with the hamilton hate campaign. :T:@

lmcsp
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by lmcsp » 01 Oct 2007, 09:14

dazmoffman wrote: i cant say i have ever seen a modest F1 driver
Have you ever seen Kimi Raikkonen? He is the quickest, highest paid F1 driver [20th on the Forbes list] - who took the place of one Michael Schumacher and I have yet to see him speak rudely about anybody or anything although I am sure someone will point something out to me

However, yes hamilton is extremely arrogant and as I have said before, conducts himself in a very rude manner toward his peers who have [most of them] worked their way up through the backend/middle teams to get where they are.

I am honestly quite saddened by his attitude and demeanor [hamilton] - he appears to have not taken notice of the fact that the FIA have really looked after him this season - pure and simple Mclaren and their drivers should have both been thrown out of the championship - full stop. -I base that opinion after reading through the FIA transcripts

He should get a new media coach

Lightning983
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lightning983 » 01 Oct 2007, 11:11

dazmoffman wrote:Wow i have found the lair or the infamous hamilton hate mail gang

no he is not team manager he is saying his opinion like you (and i) are is your opinion more important than his? no
i havent a clue why he mentioned senna and prost i know senna is his hero but they were all conquering champions,so i think he was getting a bit carried away there,all the top drivers are arrogant thats the disapline that they have to be the best its a mental game and a tactic that works its phycological, i cant say i have ever seen a modest F1 driver anyway good luck with the hamilton hate campaign. :T:@

First of all i need to make something clear right from the start, up until say Hungary i was a BIG hamilton fan... i loved his driving, and was really into him kicking Alonso's ass this year... his rookie season and beating the 2 time WDC...

But i have to admit i never liked drivers who do more time talking than actually driving so i'm not a fan anymore, but actually starting to dislike him.

Look at Kimi, he practically doesn't talk... if he crashes... nothing. If he has a DNF... nothing.
Could you just IMAGINE Hamilton or Alonso driving that 2003 McLaren? what was it 40 blown engines in 18 races :D lol

Also there was Schumacher... i don't remember him moaning, and whining about anything... or giving those kinds of statements. Here's Hamilton comparing himself to Prost and Senna, saying that Alonso is a dirty driver as was Schumacher... what has he achived compared to those 3? NOTHING...

And finally could you imagine any of those 3 champions saying stuff like Hamilton said about Alonso? NO.
End of story for me. I'm not a Alonso fan, or a Hamilton fan, and when Schumacher Retired i became simply a Ferrari fan...

phillyred79
kart driver
kart driver

Post by phillyred79 » 01 Oct 2007, 15:56

You know... People might say Hamilton is just an over-privileged, lucky, arrogant guy, but his driving speaks for itself. He is number 1 in points for a reason- He can drive, and drive well. Sure, transplant Button or Webber into McLaren and they'd probably have better results, but still Hamilton is even out-pacing Alonso who has the same equipment and same privileges with McLaren so. Hamilton is good and is here to stay in F1. It is kinda annoying hearing Hamilton's father trying to go to bat for Lewis and McLaren, but who cares.. He's proud of his son, he's his manager so of course he will voice his opinion. Sorry everyone, Hamilton WILL be F1 WC.

Lightning983
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lightning983 » 01 Oct 2007, 17:01

Did i ever say over priviliged or lucky? or that he can't drive?
I didn't because its not true. He can drive pretty well, but also does anyone here think that he would have these kind of results in a torro rosso? NO.

I'm not saying he's a bad driver, just saying he has a really big mouth. I know his father deserves to be there, because he did work what 2 -3 jobs to keep his son racing... but you have to give the kid some breathing space...
And i also noticed that Lewis has the ba**s to give those kind of statements ONLY when his dad's arround...

McLaren-F1
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by McLaren-F1 » 01 Oct 2007, 17:25

Lightning983 wrote:
dazmoffman wrote:Wow i have found the lair or the infamous hamilton hate mail gang

First of all i need to make something clear right from the start, up until say Hungary i was a BIG hamilton fan... i loved his driving, and was really into him kicking Alonso's ass this year... his rookie season and beating the 2 time WDC...

But i have to admit i never liked drivers who do more time talking than actually driving so i'm not a fan anymore, but actually starting to dislike him.

Look at Kimi, he practically doesn't talk... if he crashes... nothing. If he has a DNF... nothing.
Could you just IMAGINE Hamilton or Alonso driving that 2003 McLaren? what was it 40 blown engines in 18 races :D lol

Also there was Schumacher... i don't remember him moaning, and whining about anything... or giving those kinds of statements. Here's Hamilton comparing himself to Prost and Senna, saying that Alonso is a dirty driver as was Schumacher... what has he achived compared to those 3? NOTHING...

And finally could you imagine any of those 3 champions saying stuff like Hamilton said about Alonso? NO.
End of story for me. I'm not a Alonso fan, or a Hamilton fan, and when Schumacher Retired i became simply a Ferrari fan...
compeletely agree great explanation mate :T:@
4ever McLaren...

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 01 Oct 2007, 17:46

well, it may sound crazy at first but i think if ever hamilton and alonso would continue to become teammates at mclaren they have the potential to become the most successful driver pairing ever - that is, if they would still be teammates at mclaren in the future !yahoo: just my opinion though $peace :@:2

Jurist
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Jurist » 01 Oct 2007, 18:34

Yeahz this bragging guy really needs to get a life, I dont know why he's talkin too much, oh dear What a baby! :)

Suntrek
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Suntrek » 01 Oct 2007, 19:10

If Hamilton continues like this there will be no need for a hate campaign, he will take care of that bit himself if he continues to vent "opinions" such as these. :(

the Senna/Prost analogy is harmless IMO, but sorry to say, I've NEVER heard any other driver ever say that he wants his teammate out of the team and at the same time demand # 1 status for himself. Certainly neither Prost nor Senna ever did despite their fierce fighting on track, and if they are Hamilton's heroes I suggest he takes a leaf out of their book.

I'm disappointed with him, to be honest.
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

devereux
kart driver
kart driver

Post by devereux » 02 Oct 2007, 05:23

Suntrek wrote:
I've NEVER heard any other driver ever say that he wants his teammate out of the team and at the same time demand # 1 status for himself. Certainly neither Prost nor Senna ever did despite their fierce fighting on track, and if they are Hamilton's heroes I suggest he takes a leaf out of their book.

I'm disappointed with him, to be honest.
senna wanted to be prost's teammate in the 1993 williams. but prost had a contract that said senna couldnt be his team mate. thats understandable though since they had problems earlier. senna didnt care who his team mate was, i guess he knew he was the fastest man on the planet. it was a smart move by prost

lmcsp
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by lmcsp » 02 Oct 2007, 06:51

Hehe, it does make me chuckle - and actually helps me prove a point, but ..

This whole season, hamilton and Mclaren have been quite vocal that "there is no favoritism within our team blah blah .. everything is equal blah blah .. our drivers get no preference blah blah"

THEN ..

hamilton goes on record that he wants Alonso out - and to have full rein with the team with #1 status!!!

Who writes this stuff? Theyre really making themselves look like hypocrites!! - and, to-wit, lying to the media, fans, etc about their integrity and backing Alonso ..

Below: This is a 3D model that I have been working on for about 20 months - I will not be finishing it .. now
Image Image

Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dark_Fisico » 02 Oct 2007, 09:15

lmcsp wrote:Hehe, it does make me chuckle - and actually helps me prove a point, but ..

This whole season, hamilton and Mclaren have been quite vocal that "there is no favoritism within our team blah blah .. everything is equal blah blah .. our drivers get no preference blah blah"

THEN ..

hamilton goes on record that he wants Alonso out - and to have full rein with the team with #1 status!!!

Who writes this stuff? Theyre really making themselves look like hypocrites!! - and, to-wit, lying to the media, fans, etc about their integrity and backing Alonso ..

Below: This is a 3D model that I have been working on for about 20 months - I will not be finishing it .. now
Image Image
Not only that EVERYTHING Hamilton seemed to say this weekend was childish and moany... He's even said in interviews now he is the prefered driver and McLaren are behind him :( so much for fair driver status Lewis then ain't it...

If anything its his gob that has annoyed me most... I will never disagree he's a good driver, and all drivers have their bad points (Senna was a little over emotional, Kimi a little under emotional, Fisico is a bit of a push over, Trulli is well Trulli :p ) but I've NEVER heard them come out with some of the c**p he has... Never have I heard someone saying anything like 'Senna is looking over me' why would he??? Senna KNEW you had to start from the bottom and work up hence why he didn't join a top team in his first year (and he bloody well could have) he would have had no interest in anyone that got the WDC this way... And how DARE he say that the GP2 drivers aren't up to standard... They are doing their jobs, winning races, staying on track, DRIVING... Who gave him the right to say ANYTHING about any of them...

Lightning983
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lightning983 » 02 Oct 2007, 13:33

devereux wrote:senna wanted to be prost's teammate in the 1993 williams. but prost had a contract that said senna couldnt be his team mate. thats understandable though since they had problems earlier. senna didnt care who his team mate was, i guess he knew he was the fastest man on the planet. it was a smart move by prost
Yeah that was the product of his 2 years in McLaren... they were supposedly equal in the team, just like Lewis and Alonso are supposedly equal... Prost wrote about it in his book, its a really good book so i recomend it... it says all about the duplicity of the team and Honda as an engine supplier then...

I Seriously doubt much has changed ... well the engine supplier did but Ron is still there :D