Least Favourite F1 Drivers

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Least Favourite F1 Drivers

Post by donald29 » 30 Sep 2007, 09:29

This is a topic to list the drivers that you dislike the most.

Mine has to be Hamilton. He is way too arrogant and in the best car for crying out loud. He is overrated and putting me off F1.

Lightning983
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Re: Least Favourite F1 Drivers

Post by Lightning983 » 30 Sep 2007, 09:43

Okay, i'll split this up in 2 parts, because i hated some guys a few years back but now i like them so:

Up untill 2004 i disliked:
Montoya (Just for being himself)
Coultard (Spa '98 - i wasn't braking there honestly)
Sato (Where do i even start? i'll just focus on that Monaco incident)

But now things are:
Montoya (still, same as above + him saying NASCAR is the pinnacle of motosport, but he's not in F1 anymore so...)
Alonso (Brake test on Coultard in Nürburgring, and after that i disliked him more and more)
Hamilton (As of today, simply because of his big mouth)
Sato (Same as above + a few more crashes)
Fisichella (Doesn't stand up for himself and always plays No.2)
Speed (Not in F1 anymore though)

TristanV
car driver
car driver

Post by TristanV » 30 Sep 2007, 10:15

I would say i hate/dislike

Hamilton for Ruining us finns's chances of winning (that's just me) :) And because hes whining all the time
M.Schumacher For cheating all the time
Rosberg cus hes only half finn and is a plastic face golden boy

maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by maltafan » 30 Sep 2007, 11:23

Schumacher - cause he is a cheat and thinks that everything can go his way.
JV and Irvine - for speaking tooooooooo much about things they shouldn't

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 30 Sep 2007, 17:47

devereux
kart driver
kart driver

Post by devereux » 30 Sep 2007, 18:00

i dislike trulli because he is an absolute terrible race driver
i dislike fisi because he complains all the time but he doesnt know wat he's talkin about
i dislike hamilton now that every one says he's the best coz i been watching f1 hard out for 13 years and i know he's not the best and he doesnt deserve a macca seat, get webber button or heidfeld in there

TommyBellingham

Post by TommyBellingham » 30 Sep 2007, 19:04

devereux wrote:i dislike trulli because he is an absolute terrible race driver
i dislike fisi because he complains all the time but he doesnt know wat he's talkin about
i dislike hamilton now that every one says he's the best coz i been watching f1 hard out for 13 years and i know he's not the best and he doesnt deserve a macca seat, get webber button or heidfeld in there
How doesn't Hamilton deserve the seat? He's leading the championship! I can understand people saying its annoying how all these non F1 fans are watching the sport just to see Lewis win and thinking he's the best thing ever. I know he's not that but he's damn quick and a great overtaker

Anz
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Anz » 30 Sep 2007, 20:01

I'd have to say Hamilton, because I too believe that he's way too arrogant for a rookie. I believe he will never fully appreciate a world championship or race win, as he's never had to be right at the back. Starting a race and knowing that there is a snow b*** chance in hell of winning or even scoring a point makes you appreciate everything you acchieve so much more.
A year of testing wouldn't have done him any harm either, that way he wouldn't have problems with setting up his car by himself! :roll::
Alonso for 2007 WDC!!!!

Anz
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Anz » 30 Sep 2007, 20:04

TommyBellingham wrote:
How doesn't Hamilton deserve the seat? He's leading the championship! I can understand people saying its annoying how all these non F1 fans are watching the sport just to see Lewis win and thinking he's the best thing ever. I know he's not that but he's damn quick and a great overtaker
I don't agree that Lewis isn't making a good job of the seat, but I do think that there are other drivers who could have had a go (Jenson for one, and I'm not a fan of his either) Lewis has had a silver spoon in his mouth since day one, and that doesn't make for a deserving drive. It's like sailing into F1 because you have a last name, like Andretti or Villeneuve... (no offence to Jacques or Michael/Marco)
Alonso for 2007 WDC!!!!

maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by maltafan » 30 Sep 2007, 22:11

We will never agree on hamilton. I guess here are some people who are really biased, in favour of him & others against him.

I just hope that we value the driver, not according to the car he drives, but according to his abilities.

maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by maltafan » 30 Sep 2007, 22:16

[quote="Anz"
I don't agree that Lewis isn't making a good job of the seat, but I do think that there are other drivers who could have had a go (Jenson for one, and I'm not a fan of his either) Lewis has had a silver spoon in his mouth since day one, and that doesn't make for a deserving drive. It's like sailing into F1 because you have a last name, like Andretti or Villeneuve... (no offence to Jacques or Michael/Marco)[/quote]

I do not think that he found the groundwork ready because of his surname. I do not think he is linked to other F1 drivers.

I think, being a 'dark coloured' driver was something against him, which fortunately, did not weigh that much. Driving for McLaren since the age of 12 made it possible for him to start with a big team immediately, however, one cannot deny his talent.

Here are some links of his driving before McLaren days, and they surely show that he is worthy of becoming a champion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qt_PJqM-sRc ( 12 year old hamilton)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b8D0g0S ... ed&search= (GP2 2006)

TommyBellingham

Post by TommyBellingham » 30 Sep 2007, 22:29

Anz wrote:
TommyBellingham wrote:
I don't agree that Lewis isn't making a good job of the seat, but I do think that there are other drivers who could have had a go (Jenson for one, and I'm not a fan of his either) Lewis has had a silver spoon in his mouth since day one, and that doesn't make for a deserving drive. It's like sailing into F1 because you have a last name, like Andretti or Villeneuve... (no offence to Jacques or Michael/Marco)
Oh definately I agree lewis was very lucky to get a drive like McLaren in his first season. I can understand people disliking him because he can seem cocky sometimes but to say he doesn't deserve it is silly really. He's won the GP2 title, come up into F1 (Yes in a great team) but beaten a 2 times world champion and shows he never gives up. For me someone who didn't deserve great drives was DC. Outclassed by Damon, Mika and Kimi by a big margine he had a very competitive car for most of his career but failed to capitalise. As for someone else we could always see Alonso's seat filled by someone. I do hope its someone that deserves it, for me the 2 BMW boys (Cant see them moving) and Nico Rosberg have been absolutely fantastic this year :@:2

dazmoffman
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by dazmoffman » 30 Sep 2007, 22:53

Dont really dislike any drivers but i think some drivers are over rated and over paid, ralf is so over paid HUGELY and by comparison kimi gets 4 times more than massa, why (woot-woot, kimi fans to the rescue lol) i rate kimi highly as a driver but i coulndt say he is 4 times better but thats just politics i guess and i will NEVER agree with it but that could be because massa has an old contract as he has been at ferrari 3 or so years as a test driver.
I never liked schumacker years ago i was at the british gp when he broke his leg and i cheered after his ambulance went passed me (i was'nt so matuer then) :@:2 i only gained more respect for him as the seasons/years rolled on even found myself smiling when he would win, to have achieved what he has is brilliant,we all love one or two of the current drivers at the top of theyre game but are any of them going to be able to be above him in the hall of fame in years to come? im not really sure.
The things i dislike more are the so called fans that put down a driver that wins a GP ahead of their prefered drivers, such bad losers they claim to be FANS but they are not. they worse than console fanboys "my 360 is better than your ps3 "no it aint my ps3 has got blu ray, "mines got a halo3" <STFU and grow up.

:)

devereux
kart driver
kart driver

Post by devereux » 01 Oct 2007, 01:31

TommyBellingham wrote:
Oh definately I agree lewis was very lucky to get a drive like McLaren in his first season. I can understand people disliking him because he can seem cocky sometimes but to say he doesn't deserve it is silly really. He's won the GP2 title, come up into F1 (Yes in a great team) but beaten a 2 times world champion and shows he never gives up. For me someone who didn't deserve great drives was DC. Outclassed by Damon, Mika and Kimi by a big margine he had a very competitive car for most of his career but failed to capitalise. As for someone else we could always see Alonso's seat filled by someone. I do hope its someone that deserves it, for me the 2 BMW boys (Cant see them moving) and Nico Rosberg have been absolutely fantastic this year :@:2
yeh he's doing a good job but so could davidson, or sutil, or a kubica if they were in a mclaren, that stil doesnt mean they deserve the seat in their rookie year. What your saying is that a GP2 champion deserves a mclaren seat straight off? ok, lets see who wins this years GP2 series? thats bulls**. i can understand montoya stright into the competitive williams back then buts thats because he won f3000 and tested for williams then won champ cars series. lewis is the luckiest driver on the grid. i know its not his fault and he cant do anything but drive the wheels off the mclaren but he has to know that 50% of the other drivers could have done the same thing he's doing

Anz
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Anz » 01 Oct 2007, 09:37

devereux wrote:
TommyBellingham wrote:
yeh he's doing a good job but so could davidson, or sutil, or a kubica if they were in a mclaren, that stil doesnt mean they deserve the seat in their rookie year. What your saying is that a GP2 champion deserves a mclaren seat straight off? ok, lets see who wins this years GP2 series? thats bulls**. i can understand montoya stright into the competitive williams back then buts thats because he won f3000 and tested for williams then won champ cars series. lewis is the luckiest driver on the grid. i know its not his fault and he cant do anything but drive the wheels off the mclaren but he has to know that 50% of the other drivers could have done the same thing he's doing
I absolutely 100% agree with what you said. Yes, Lewis is a great talent and hurray for Britain, but it's Formula One, very few are c**p drivers who couldn't make the Mc Laren work in their rookie year.
Alonso for 2007 WDC!!!!