2007 FORMULA 1 Japanese Grand Prix-Fuji Speedway-

Reports, quotes, stats specifically about the F1 2007 season Grands Prix.
Suntrek
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: 2007 FORMULA 1 Japanese Grand Prix-Fuji Speedway-

Post by Suntrek » 29 Sep 2007, 15:46

joostlamers wrote:
iceman1 wrote:the weather should be very horrible tomorrow. lots and lots of rain expected
Great qualifying from Button who knows with this weather conditions we might have a repeat of Hungary 06
[help] :p
Hope the race can start.
Congrats to the pole Hamilton and joostlamers! @Beer

However, I hope for rain tomorrow because then Alonso will be dangerous.

And Alonso has also got one more set of fresh wet weather tyres to use than Hamilton, so beware..... #Fear

$peace
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 29 Sep 2007, 16:45

Suntrek wrote:
joostlamers wrote:
iceman1 wrote:the weather should be very horrible tomorrow. lots and lots of rain expected
Great qualifying from Button who knows with this weather conditions we might have a repeat of Hungary 06
[help] :p
Hope the race can start.
although if the rain is bad we'll see a safety car start

Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dark_Fisico » 29 Sep 2007, 17:24

I don't think we have to worry about rain, the mist is what will mess the race up, if theyloose visibilty the race will be called off...

Lightning983
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lightning983 » 29 Sep 2007, 17:27

Yeah, the weather... i mean if its like the 1st laps of Nürburgring then its not gonna be pretty... they should maybe keep a crane ready for Hammy in the 1st corner !grin! j/k

Anyways , about the qually press conference, is it just me or did alonso's "body language" say "I'm so PISSED OFF", i don't know why but he seemed to give that impression...

Kimi's cool as ever, as long as he can get a drink after !grin! his english is always... creative, but he's ok...

well, looking forward to a great race tomorrow,

Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dark_Fisico » 29 Sep 2007, 17:36

Lightning983 wrote:Yeah, the weather... i mean if its like the 1st laps of Nürburgring then its not gonna be pretty... they should maybe keep a crane ready for Hammy in the 1st corner !grin! j/k

Anyways , about the qually press conference, is it just me or did alonso's "body language" say "I'm so PISSED OFF", i don't know why but he seemed to give that impression...

Kimi's cool as ever, as long as he can get a drink after !grin! his english is always... creative, but he's ok...

well, looking forward to a great race tomorrow,
Alonso always looks pissed off if he isn't on pole and Kimi I agree always looks cool !grin! ...

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 29 Sep 2007, 18:20

Busi
Donator
Donator

Post by Busi » 29 Sep 2007, 18:23

The pole lap from Hamilton was just incredible, did you see him sliding the car during the whole lap??? I enjoyed it a lot, he deserved pole.

For tomorrow, if the race was dry, Alonso just needs to stay behind him and wait for good pit stops. If it's wet (more likely) I'm sure Fernando will easily win, and I doubt Lewis will keep the car on the podium positions.

CAN'T WAIT FOR THE RACE!!!!!!!! !yahoo:
Alonso, future 5 times world champion

Lightning983
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lightning983 » 29 Sep 2007, 19:28

Well, actually it didn't look like a fast lap to me, because of all the sliding... i actually thought he's gonna be slower in the end, but he managed to pull it off... also he went really wide at dunlop (10) or was that some lap before?

McLaren-F1
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by McLaren-F1 » 29 Sep 2007, 19:32

Busi wrote:The pole lap from Hamilton was just incredible, did you see him sliding the car during the whole lap??? I enjoyed it a lot, he deserved pole.

For tomorrow, if the race was dry, Alonso just needs to stay behind him and wait for good pit stops. If it's wet (more likely) I'm sure Fernando will easily win, and I doubt Lewis will keep the car on the podium positions.

Agree with you Can't Wait !yahoo:

@Lightning983--> it was 3 or 4 laps b4 not last lap.. :roll::
4ever McLaren...

HamiltonF1
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by HamiltonF1 » 29 Sep 2007, 19:38

HAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLTTTTTTTOOOOOOOONNNNNNN ftw :)

Hahaha kimi who? (Iceman2) :p

Nice preformance by Vettel and Button to be fair ;)

Shame I can't watch the F1 tomorrow going to the A1GP in Zandvoort :p

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 29 Sep 2007, 19:39

Suntrek
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Suntrek » 29 Sep 2007, 20:31

Weird choice from Renault, IMO. :(

I honestly can't remember a race where the predictions for rain were more dead sure and unanimous than in this one.

I hope the mist (if there is one) will have lifted somewhat at 1.30 PM local time, mists tend to be worst in the morning.

I DO hope for rain though but not for a monsoon, would be bad if the race is spoiled by a lot of SCs.

That said,

GO ALONSO !!! :p
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

xman2331
kart driver
kart driver

Post by xman2331 » 29 Sep 2007, 22:09

hamilton for the win. screw alonso i can't wait till session is over so i can laugh at fernando getting beaten by a rookie. Go back to Renault mclaren don't need fernando

lucian
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by lucian » 30 Sep 2007, 00:30

Busi wrote:The pole lap from Hamilton was just incredible, did you see him sliding the car during the whole lap??? I enjoyed it a lot, he deserved pole.

I would have put a bet on my house that Alonso would get pole but that last lap of Hamilton (which didn't look fast at all) left me speechless. I don't know how he did it frankly. I wouldn't say that Alonso will dominate the race if it rains. I actually believe a bit more that Lewis is going to win it and make a big comeback after the last few bad races.

domenico
car driver
car driver

Post by domenico » 30 Sep 2007, 02:21

Kimi's lap was under rated if you ask me. No 2nd and 3rd gear and traffic in his final run cost him a lot of time in the last sector. Actually believe Kimi would of had pole if not for that problem. Lucky for Ferrari it was wet as losing 2nd and 3rd gears in dry conditions would of cost us a lot more time.

Expect a tough race today. My money and heart are on Kimi to bring it home. The Ferrari drivers deserve the championship this year, even if the team has made a lot of errors this year.