Where will be Alonso in 2008?

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.

Where will Alonso be in 2008?

Renault
67%
Williams
9%
Red Bull
6%
Toyota
12%
Honda
6%
Another Team
No votes
Gardening Leave
No votes

Total votes: 33

maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Alonso free to leave McLaren?

Post by maltafan » 26 Sep 2007, 20:43

iceman1 wrote:It doesn't say much for Ron's man management if he loses the two best drivers in F1 in consecutive seasons Kimi then Alonso.
well, It didn't matter at all losing Kimi, cause his replacements will be WDC and runner up

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 27 Sep 2007, 14:32

Q. If at some point in the future, maybe the distant future, that you were told that your teammate was going to be Fernando Alonso. What would your reaction be?

KR: It wouldn't change anything for me. I don't expect it to happen, anyhow. I have never been in a position to say who I want my teammate to be. I don't really care too much who it is. It really doesn't mak

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 29 Sep 2007, 16:41

Maybe Alonso has told Hamilton that he is leaving :p :p

newtrex
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by newtrex » 02 Oct 2007, 04:59

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 02 Oct 2007, 11:40

TurunSanomat - Heikki Kulta's Column
The ever so patriotic Spanish F1-press is in great urgency for their superstar’s, Fernando Alonso’s next season. At the same time the British press who have cold attitude towards Alonso nowadays, is working on building a road for their own megastar’s Lewis Hamilton’s way to the throne. That’s all it takes.

There is a rumour spreading like fire through all F1-world that Alonso would be moving over Ferrari from McLaren to be Kimi Räikkönen’s team-mate. Of course that can happen – but in 2009 at the earliest.

Before starting their rumour machine, couple Spanish reporters asked from TS during the Spa GP, how Räikkönen would feel about if Alonso would work as his team-mate in next season. I replied that Kimi most likely would have nothing against it, but others in Ferrari would have a lot to say about it.

Alonso’s reputation in Ferrari is at it’s bottom. It sounds like a joke when someone claims that Ferrari would want to reward Alonso’s revealing over McLaren’s part in the espionage case. McLaren is claimed to be willing to let Alonso go free, if Ferrari will drop their case in civil court.

They also claim that there is a power struggle between Jean Todt and Fiat-chief Luca di Montezelemo. They believe that Todt’s career as team manager is over, when Montezelemo will rage through his will to get Alonso as Kimi’s team-mate. One should not believe such a story.

Todt will continue next year in his place at Ferrari. And he is not going to let Massa go, who is according to the rumours, being dumped at Toyota, from Alonso’s way.

Alonso doesn’t feel comfy in McLaren because he has to fight equally with Lewis Hamilton. How on earth he would get any easier at Ferrari with Kimi – especially when Kimi has driven one year more in the team.

Aki Hintsa (McLaren’s doctor), who knows the both drivers, says straight that driving as Räikkönen’s team-mate would destroy Alonso in mental-wise.

If there is someone to benefit from these rumours, it’s Hamilton. Alonso’s postion in McLaren is already unstable. And imposing Alonso to Ferrari is disturbing the Italian team’s preparations.

crazr
kart driver
kart driver

Post by crazr » 02 Oct 2007, 18:47

Absolutely right on. Alonso has been crapping all season of not being shown respect by not being given preferential (#1) treatment at McLaren. All this dribble of him going to Ferrari will solve that? So, would Kimi accept playing second fiddle?

Ha!

McLaren-F1
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by McLaren-F1 » 04 Oct 2007, 15:21

4ever McLaren...

maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by maltafan » 04 Oct 2007, 20:48

crazr wrote:Absolutely right on. Alonso has been crapping all season of not being shown respect by not being given preferential (#1) treatment at McLaren. All this dribble of him going to Ferrari will solve that? So, would Kimi accept playing second fiddle?

Ha!
If Alonso leaves McLaren, he's either replacing Ralf or else returning to dear old Flavio, thus making some space for Nico in the Maccas and sending Kovalainen or Piquet to Williams.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 05 Oct 2007, 15:05

maltafan wrote:
crazr wrote:Absolutely right on. Alonso has been crapping all season of not being shown respect by not being given preferential (#1) treatment at McLaren. All this dribble of him going to Ferrari will solve that? So, would Kimi accept playing second fiddle?

Ha!
If Alonso leaves McLaren, he's either replacing Ralf or else returning to dear old Flavio, thus making some space for Nico in the Maccas and sending Kovalainen or Piquet to Williams.

If I sell Nico, I sell Williams

The biggest speculation in the Fuji paddock was about the driver market. Will Alonso stay or won’t he? This will only be decided after the season so therefore nothing will happen at Renault, Toyota or Williams until after the Brazilian GP. Alonso is keeping everyone else on hold, including Kovalainen, Sutil, Glock, Liuzzi and Sato.

But in all fairness, it is not really the Spaniard’s doing as the question as to whether he leaves or not is not his to make, instead it is the team’s. As our spies in Japan stated, there is no way Fernando can get out of his contract without McLarens permission, but McLaren would only release him if they can find a good replacement.

Ron Dennis is interested in Nico Rosberg, but the Williams driver is firmly cemented in his team until the end of 2008. Frank Williams still states that he will not give Nico up under any circumstances, in fact he is struggling to find a good replacement for Wurz, so how would he be able to fill two cockpits.
"If I sell Nico, I sell Williams," he says.

crazr
kart driver
kart driver

Post by crazr » 05 Oct 2007, 19:16

I'm really disappointed with how the season has unfolded at McLaren. I have always admired Alonso and was behind him in helping McLaren regain championship(s) form. I was elated with his first win in Sepang. Since then it has all been downhill, and in my eyes he has tarnished himself.

Alonso needs to move on and McLaren should show him the exit door. He is a great driver and ferrocious competitor, but he also is a hugely disruptive element within the team. McLaren needs to focus on beating the competition, and not constantly placating the ego of this driver. He is an element that needs to be discarded so the team can perform to it's maximum. Alonso is not worth the trouble anymore...I welcome Alonso to find a better car and team!

crazr
kart driver
kart driver

Post by crazr » 05 Oct 2007, 19:23

...Alonso is not the one who has made McLaren reliable; It is the hundreds of dedicated (excepting Coughlan) employees of McLaren, Mercedes and suppliers. It is the Team who have provided the drivers the opportunity to fight for the championships!

devereux
kart driver
kart driver

Post by devereux » 07 Oct 2007, 00:02

crazr wrote:...Alonso is not the one who has made McLaren reliable; It is the hundreds of dedicated (excepting Coughlan) employees of McLaren, Mercedes and suppliers. It is the Team who have provided the drivers the opportunity to fight for the championships!
are you part of the mclaren team? thats an opinion, not a fact

julie
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by julie » 07 Oct 2007, 14:20

Its hard to say will he stay or will he go. He hasn't been happy all year and i for one will be very surprised if he does stay. He has played second fiddle to Hamilton all season. But he let it happen he should of stood up for himself againest Ron. Thats just my opinion
ImageImage

McLaren-F1
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by McLaren-F1 » 11 Oct 2007, 12:49

Alonso commits to Renault return in 2008
F1-Live.com wrote:Fernando Alonso has signed a letter of intent to rejoin Renault starting next January (2008), according to emerging reports.

Germany's Bild newspaper said the document is the precursor to a definitive three-year contract (2008-2010), but only if the reigning world champion can successfully negotiate an end to his current McLaren deal.

Alonso is currently under contract to McLaren also for 2008, with an option to continue in 2009.

The news of Alonso's likely return to Renault follows reports that Toyota was offering the Spaniard a record retainer to switch to the Japanese car giant for 2008.

The German magazine Sport Bild said the Cologne based team was prepared to fork out (US) $150 million for a three year deal; a comparable amount of money to that earned by Michael Schumacher at Ferrari towards the end of his illustrious career.
4ever McLaren...

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 11 Oct 2007, 17:48

According to Eurosport Alonso has signed a 3-year contract to return to Renault from next season