Ron Dennis acknowledges rift with Alonso

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
phillyred79
kart driver
kart driver

Ron Dennis acknowledges rift with Alonso

Post by phillyred79 » 20 Sep 2007, 16:31

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsp ... 003042.stm So, will Flavio and Alonso be reunited in 2008??? I though HK and GF were confirmed for 2008. I can't imagine him going to Ferrari.. Ohwell!

Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Ron Dennis acknowledges rift with Alonso

Post by Dark_Fisico » 20 Sep 2007, 17:13

No neither Fisi or Heikki are confirmed... I believe Flavio is waiting to find out where Alonso is going, but it is very unlikely Fisi is being re-signed...

phillyred79
kart driver
kart driver

Post by phillyred79 » 20 Sep 2007, 18:24

Yeah, I wasn't sure about those two at Renault... Well, ideally Alonso will be back at Renault.. AND... Bruno Senna is in at McLaren!!! How about that for a McLaren lineup?!!!! !cool!!!!

Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dark_Fisico » 20 Sep 2007, 18:29

It would be cool !grin! ... But sorry if I sound miserable but Bruno is Red Bull sponsered so I doubt he'll jump into McLaren, PLUS he isn't like Hamilton, he isn't going to just walk into a team and sign his life away he'll get there the hard way just like Uncle Ayrton did... He's already said he is thats why I know :@:2 he said that he wants to get into F1 his own way and that signing for a top team is like signing away the rest of your career...

phillyred79
kart driver
kart driver

Post by phillyred79 » 20 Sep 2007, 18:47

Well, Bruno will definitely have his work cut-out for him.. If I were a GP2 rising star looking to get into F1 I would shoot for the best team to let my skills shine.. There are so many great drivers in F1 who just have the unfortunate luck of driving for a not-so-hot team at the moment.

Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dark_Fisico » 20 Sep 2007, 18:59

True, I don't know what Bruno's talent is really like but I think he wants to prove his worth... If he got a contract with McLaren or Ferrari people would always just be saying he's there because of his name, I think he wants to show that he's a team player lower down (maybe Red Bull or maybe in the Williams) then go on to Ferrari or McLaren... I don't think he'll join a team like SA or TR or even a Spyker, but I don't think he'll jump into one of the top two either...

As for the McLaren drive theres rumours that Jenson, Nico, Fisichella and Sutil have all been approached... I hope they get a driver with less of an ego, it'll be nice to have a driver that doesn't think the sun shines outta his arse in the McLaren...

phillyred79
kart driver
kart driver

Post by phillyred79 » 20 Sep 2007, 19:04

LH seems to be the easier of the two to work with with regards to Alonso.. I think Alonso got taken by surprise by his rookie teammate... If Alonso goes back to Renault and all of the sudden they become the Renault of 2005/2006 then boy will that speak volumes about Alonso's skill and team work.... I can't wait for 2008!!!

Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dark_Fisico » 20 Sep 2007, 19:12

Personally I don't think Alonsos been ruffled by Hamilton I think he was wrong footed joining McLaren... Lots of things can effect a driver and McLaren and Renault are on two sides of a pole... At Renault he was unquestionable number 1 because of his link with Flavio and the fact Flavio hates Italian drivers... He also has a driving style suited for Michallins and I don't think the tyres this season have been any good, lots of people have been knocked by the change... I think the fact everyone said it was Hamilton annoyed Alonso !grin! he really shouldn't have left Renault... Hamilton was always going to be good, Nico was a brilliant as well, just the difference is Hamilton is in a car when its working like clockwork whereas Nico and Heikki joined teams that were, well, I don't think I should comment on them !grin! ...

As for working with them, I think you need to find the right people to work with different people... The majority of McLaren are British so their culture is the same as Lewis... I don't think anywhere Alonso and Lewis would get on... Whereas Alonso, Trulli, Webber, Fisico, they all love each other :@:2 and Alonso is friends with quite a few of the drivers... I think they had an ego clash (clash of the titan egos :p ) Alonso works better with the gentleman drivers and I think Hamilton will too...

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 20 Sep 2007, 19:58

Max even went as far as warning McLaren not to hamper Alonso's championship chances in revenge :@:2

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 20 Sep 2007, 20:53

$peace ....that's they way life is

maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by maltafan » 21 Sep 2007, 19:37

They have reached a point of no return in my opinion.

However, I do not think that Maccas have a big choice should they decide to let Alonso go.