Where will be Alonso in 2008?

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.

Where will Alonso be in 2008?

Renault
67%
Williams
9%
Red Bull
6%
Toyota
12%
Honda
6%
Another Team
No votes
Gardening Leave
No votes

Total votes: 33

JetEngineCom
car driver
car driver

Re: Alonso free to leave McLaren?

Post by JetEngineCom » 22 Aug 2007, 11:34

The spygate issue raises a few interesting points - if McLaren used Ferrari data and design, does it mean that McLaren engineers are much better than Ferrari engineers to design a car that is better from the same blue-print? Secondly, does keeping secrets and technology really promote the sport? I thought this competition is holistic ie engineering, technology, research, management, tyres, drivers, politics, spying etc. When this whole package is working, the team wins. From that perspective i would say FIA should not penalize Mclaren beyond McLaren paying a reasonable monetary consideration for the value of the knowledge they seem to have bought from Ferari. Really, spying pushes the sport to the next level faster as it has the tendency to level the playing field somewhat thus preventing the extended dominance of one team to the detriment of the competitiveness of the sport. I would say philosophically, the fans are better off with the spying but since Ferrari came up with the technology, it is fair that they should be duly compensated.

Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dark_Fisico » 22 Aug 2007, 16:44

No its doesn't make McLaren better because they are using the same blueprints and doing better... Ferrari would have worked it all out, McLaren would then be able to see what Ferrari are doing and then they would be able to focus on parts of the Ferrari that are better then the parts on the McLaren... In other words McLaren already had THEIR car, which will always be fast, they then would have Ferrari's plans which they can put ontop of their car... So not only do they have the McLaren plans, but the things that were lacking last year from McLaren that made them so damn unreliable is now patched up with Ferrari data transformed into McLaren parts...

As for a punishment, the team should be punished... Its what happened to Honda and would happen to any other team... It might not be the drivers faults, its probably not most of the teams fault but a member of McLaren did something illegal that one way or the other helped the rest of the team whether Ron Dennis said it did or didn't... Therefore they should ALL be punished... If they hadn't been found out and the Ferrari document not found McLaren would have won this season as a team by cheating one way or the other... Its a blotch on the sport...

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 22 Aug 2007, 18:20

"Alonso was never an option": http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/ ... 0851.shtml

And Now Rosberg is not for sale , Sir Frank :"Nico (Rosberg) is not for sale. He will be racing with us in 2008."

I am sure that Alonso will stay with Mclaren :@:2

b1cabral
car driver
car driver

Post by b1cabral » 27 Aug 2007, 02:48

I think he that should drive for BMW

Silver Shadow
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Silver Shadow » 27 Aug 2007, 18:22

b1cabral wrote:I think he that should drive for BMW
If Alonso were to go to BMW from a Mercedes Benz powered team, I bet there would be a lot of conspiracy theories going around Germany because of the rivalry of the two carmakers...

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 28 Aug 2007, 20:36

Briatore wants Alonso back on board
Renault boss Flavio Briatore says he would love to see double world champion Fernando Alonso back with the French stable, saying he ‘adores’ the man who brought home back-to-back titles before switching to McLaren.

‘Would I like him? Of course I would,’ Briatore said in an interview in Tuesday’s Marca sports daily.

‘I could never deny the fact that I adore Fernando, but he is under contract,’ Briatore said.

Alonso’s future is nonetheless the subject of speculation at McLaren Mercedes, where he is under contract until next year, owing to his increasingly tense rivalry with rookie teammate Lewis Hamilton, who has exploded onto the scene to lead the drivers’ standings.

With both men jockeying for position in the title race from within the same team, Hamilton has done his best to shrug off Alonso’s attempts to pull rank as the defending champion.

The internecine strife recently led Alonso to admit that he did not know if he would necessarily see out his contract and Briatore feels the matter is affecting his performance.

‘I don’t like to see him unhappy as in this type of work calmness and a serene approach are important. And at the moment Fernando is not serene,’ said Briatore.

‘I think from a sporting point of view he is not giving it all he has.

Silver Shadow
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Silver Shadow » 29 Aug 2007, 00:55

Alonso could end up in BMW in 2009, according to F1-live.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/28082007/ ... -2009.html

McLaren-F1
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by McLaren-F1 » 29 Aug 2007, 16:19

i don't think he will go to BMW cuz McLaren is the stongest team right now and he will look at BMW F1.08 how it will perform in 2008 then he will decide stay or not in Macca..Right now Macca is the best choice for him.. :T:@
4ever McLaren...

tvianna
kart driver
kart driver

Post by tvianna » 29 Aug 2007, 18:54

Maybe, but he did something like it, moving from Renault when the french team was the strongest in the grid.

color
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by color » 30 Aug 2007, 02:35

b1cabral wrote:I think he that should drive for BMW
nope, not gonna happen:

"BMW confirm Heidfeld and Kubica for 2008
21 August 2007

The BMW Sauber F1 team today confirmed that they will continue to race in Formula 1 with its current race drivers Nick Heidfeld and Robert Kubica."

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 18 Sep 2007, 15:40

Alonso To Red Bull :@:2
http://www.autosport.com/gallery/pictur ... X0M0QEIO-2
Sep.18 (GMM) The wheels are now in motion for the early conclusion of Fernando Alonso's McLaren contract, according to reports. The German daily 'Bild' on Tuesday said the team's lawyers are now working on ending the deal, after Spaniard Alonso's relationship with McLaren reached a new low following the espionage affair and claims of lying and extortion in Belgium. "Adios, Alonso!" Bild exclaimed.

The news brings a fresh perspective to team boss Ron Dennis' admission at Spa-Francorchamps that he is seeking "closure" after one of the most difficult seasons in his 40 year career in racing.

"Part of our closure will be to take all the controversy out of the team," the Briton said, adding that any variation to any driver contract for next year would be "by mutual agreement".

It is believed that Alonso will return to Renault, where under the guidance of his mentor Flavio Briatore he secured back to back titles in 2005 and 2006.

The 26-year-old's McLaren contract was to run to the end of 2008 and also included an option for a third year.
http://totalf1.com/view-article.php?newsid=227581

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 18 Sep 2007, 17:15

Martin Brundle mentioned Button to McLaren if Alonso left. I couldn't see it happening. I thin Alonso will leave McLaren but I don't know who will replace him ''hmm''

reyhan
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by reyhan » 19 Sep 2007, 12:27

I don't see Alonso in Mclaren anymore, after all this BS no way...
BMW Power

McLaren-F1
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by McLaren-F1 » 19 Sep 2007, 14:41

Probably he'll go to Ferrari next Year ''hmm'' i think Rosberg will take Alonso's seat.. ''hmm''
4ever McLaren...

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 19 Sep 2007, 16:09

''hmm'' possible but unlikely......remove massa or raikkonen? or kimi back to mclaren ''hmm'' ? i would love that, but highly unlikely....

in my opinion, alonso will be with either mclaren or renault $peace