Hamilton not a fan of Ferrari's tactics

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
wAsh
car driver
car driver

Re: Hamilton not a fan of Ferrari's tactics

Post by wAsh » 08 Sep 2007, 20:13

Personally I'm happy to wait and see what happens in the courts although in my mind I'm absolutely convinced that this is Max Mosley manipulating both Ferrari and McLaren in order to eliminate Ron Dennis as a threat to himself and his position as head of the FIA. I may be a lone voice in that but I don't care.

If the point is only that Hamilton is using this to make himself look clever then I suggest you look into how McLaren as an organisation work. They are briefed on what to say to the press and what not to say to the press - especially when there are legal proceeding afoot. I don't think he wanted to make himself look clever - he's just reflecting what's going on within the team. I expect there's a lot of animosity toward Ferrari within McLaren from the general workforce while Max Mosley fans the flames.
Hamilton is going to great lengths to make himself the voice of McLaren's everyman. While Alonso was slating McLaren for not bringing anything to add to his seven tenths BS Hamilton was backing the workforce for working through the three week break. I think he's just speaking for many within McLaren that don't have a voice on the global stage as he's gone to great lengths to integrate ad get to know those guys while Alonso ( allegedly) just sits in the garage with his personal entourage.

Don't confuse me with McLaren fans - I'm not, I hate the team, but I have followed F1 for many years and Hamilton since I watched him in his second year in F3E. I despised McLaren for dumping my previous F1 driver - Montoya - and have as much respect for Ron Dennis as I do for anything I scrape off my shoe and I haven't forgotten that McLaren and Ferrari have been rivals for years - that was my whole point. Toyota weren't rivals so it's ok for them to steal car designs. McLaren are and they get slammed for employing Coughlan and that's all this is until proof comes out - all they are guilty of is employing Coughlan but the FIA has seen fit to assign guilt by association which is why there was no penalty - just the 'we're watching' threats which is another of Mosley's political power plays in action.

I like to think I'm unbiased in this as I can't abide either team - one of them just happens to employ my main man as second driver. I can't help but think that Mosley is using both Ferrari and McLaren to consolidate his own position in the face of repeated criticism from Ron Dennis and he's making F1 suffer as a consequence.

Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dark_Fisico » 08 Sep 2007, 20:22

I like to think I'm unbiased in this as I can't abide either team - one of them just happens to employ my main man as second driver. I can't help but think that Mosley is using both Ferrari and McLaren to consolidate his own position in the face of repeated criticism from Ron Dennis and he's making F1 suffer as a consequence.
I can agree with that...

Though as a Alonso fan I disagree with him not knowing the work force, he's actually pretty good... Just he's also very arrogant (which I can take you know because I love him :@:2 )... No doubt Lewis was told if he had to say anything then stay positive, but he's making himself the voice of reason (in mine and many other peoples eyes) to make himself look appealing to the non-F1 Hamilton supporters who will bring a lot of problems to F1 if anything happens to him... It might not be that way, but I'm not alone in believing that...

wAsh
car driver
car driver

Post by wAsh » 08 Sep 2007, 20:42

Not sure what you mean but that might be alcohol related on my part but if I read you right then saying Hamilton supporters who are not F1 fans will cause problems if he's banned is giving them far too much credit - they'll just switch over back to the Eastenders repeats and forget about him. Not much else for them to watch and keep them interested in this dreadful year when racing has disappeared is there? Even I'm falling asleep between the pit stops.
Is Hamilton making himself the voice of reason or is he just a reasonable person?
That's down to how you perceive him I guess and while I'm a fan and think he's just a reasonable person I can see why the pessimists amongst us might see it as nothing more than an act to make himself look better.
You might tell me to take my rose tinted glasses off, but I'll respond by asking you to take off those dark shades......
There's three sides to every story - yours, mine and the truth.

Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dark_Fisico » 08 Sep 2007, 20:50

!grin! I like that --There's three sides to every story - yours, mine and the truth. Thats a pretty good line !grin! ...

And I wouldn't call it being pessimistic, I don't like Hamilton, and I know how peoples opinons can differ (look at the newest Fisico thread) it depends on how you precieve people... I'm well known on this forum to not like Hamilton, but apart from Fisico I'm not really biased to anything else... You think Hamiltons a reasonable person, I think he's a sniveling creap !grin! all apart of being human... You probably have very strong views on Fisico that I could never agree with doesn't make you wrong just means I will fight his cause a little more...

I personally love watching every race, I know others get bored but I don't... I don't think McLaren being banned won't do anything for my enjoyment because I don't focuse at the front of the grid, I like to see what the back of its up to !grin! ...

And I don't think you have rose tinted glasses (and no I won't take off my shades though I think thats meant to mean I'm being grumpy not that I'm wearing my shades which I am at the moment !grin! )because Hamiltons your driver... I would never dream of asking someone to stop looking at their driver the way they want to, because they'd never stop me only seeing the positive side of Fisico (or Senna)... Its what being a supporter is all about...

Wooo thats my 600 post !yahoo: :rule# thats so cool...

wAsh
car driver
car driver

Post by wAsh » 08 Sep 2007, 21:05

Fisi has a positive side?

j/k

And why Senna? Glock's the man. Bruno will never, ever make it to F1 - mark my words......

Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dark_Fisico » 08 Sep 2007, 21:09

!grin! Don't start me on the Fisi jokes :p Iceman has already annoyed me enough with them...

As for Senna/Glock, I like Glock aswell (I naturally do like Germans and Italians) but I doubt that Bruno will never make it into F1, he will on name alone... But that isn't for this thread and being a mod I'm being naughty taking it off topic...

Burn-out
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Burn-out » 09 Sep 2007, 07:57

dazmoffman wrote:
Burn-out wrote:"It would be a great feeling to win in Italy this weekend. Beating Ferrari on their home ground is going to be a huge blow to their team."

-nuff said Hammy boy

but... &doh ...you can never bring back the shame that the Ferarris have done to your VERY OWN HOME GRAND PRIX....such a shabby performance from your part... ::oops:; :) ::oops:; :)

you are just sour graping ::oops:; ::oops:; Hammy boy, the Ferraris never liked you either :T:@ ...u are tagged as cheap + pathetic = WHINER

Hmm yeah right defending your team and saying the truth about what it would mean to beat a ferrari on it's home soil makes you a "cheap + pathetic = WHINER". there was no shame being beaten by kimmi in the ferrari at silverstone, its called racing and you will never win them all.Wow i reckon Burn out has all the brains in his family.
oooopppsss...spilled some brains here...&doh &doh
Go Ferarri !yahoo: !yahoo: Flag:## !yahoo:
The juice is worth the squeeze