FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX DE MONACO 2014

Season 2015 - Reports, photos, quotes, stats, interviews, gossips, and hot discussion.
tderias
PL Manager
PL Manager

Re: FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX DE MONACO 2014

Post by tderias » 25 May 2014, 15:07

I've gained so much respect for Nico Rosberg. He didn't respond to Lewis' statements and just let his driving speak for itself. No one will know whether mistake in Q3 was foul play, but he did post a faster time than Lewis in the initial phase of the session.

Lewis needs to do some soul-searching before things really get out of hand...

sejtur
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sejtur » 25 May 2014, 15:08

iceman1 wrote:
sejtur wrote:
KevC wrote:No, Chilton clipped Kimi to cause his puncture
And no punishment for him...
Kimi's race engineer is an amateur. He didn't inform him that lapped cars are allowed to overtake the other cars. Boom. Chilton hit him in the middle of a corner. Game over.
Why did Ferrari give Spagnolo to Kimi again? lol. Another race down the pooper.

Vlad-SRB
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Vlad-SRB » 25 May 2014, 15:18

Yaaay, Bianchi scoring well deserved 2 points! Marussia strikes back!!! :) His move on Kobayashi was amazing.

Like I already said, Hamilton should just shut up. He was so utterly boring during the race (same like Mercedes domination).

Human at Sight,
Monster at Heart!

tderias
PL Manager
PL Manager

Post by tderias » 25 May 2014, 15:31

Vlad-SRB wrote:Yaaay, Bianchi scoring well deserved 2 points! Marussia strikes back!!! :) His move on Kobayashi was amazing.

Like I already said, Hamilton should just shut up. He was so utterly boring during the race (same like Mercedes domination).
Not quite as boring as Vettel's domination. At least we have a fight for P1, and it looks like a monumental Rosberg/Hamilton battle until the end of the season.

F1EA
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by F1EA » 25 May 2014, 16:27

Not a bad race. The mercs didnt really just pull off ahead of everyone, or at least it didnt look like they were that dominating (even though they are and on the next proper circuit im sure they will)...

Lewis was definitely made to look like the dweeb. Shut up man. Or better yet, people should not make so much of what he says and just let them go. We're getting a nice show at the front... personally, i wouldnt like to have it ruined by stupid stories. If the "engine setting" thing is true, then i hope Nico says gotcha sucka. If not, then Lew will know he doesnt have Nico in his pockets no matter what he says to the media.

All in all....... so far they've been awesome. Talk is just talk and the media transforms everything into a headline.

Bianchi was A+++++ and so was Massa and Hulk. If anyone is doubting the future of F1 drivers... look no further: Ricciardo, Bianchi and Hulk. That's the best drivers in the making.

In the end i fell asleep with 12 laps to go. hehehehhe
it was 5am

PS: poor Vettel. if only he didnt have 4 titles i'd feel sorry for him.

PSS: after reading some of Hamilton's post race comments... wow shut up. Just. shut. up. man.

PSSS: i really like Williams' livery.

Vlad-SRB
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Vlad-SRB » 25 May 2014, 16:52

At least Vettel was fighting with drivers from other teams. This is only a fight between Mercedes drivers. That's why I say it's boring. And yes, I would like Rosberg to win the championship, because it's obvious no one else than Mercedes drivers has the chance for that.

Human at Sight,
Monster at Heart!

sejtur
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sejtur » 25 May 2014, 17:32

Vlad-SRB wrote:At least Vettel was fighting with drivers from other teams. This is only a fight between Mercedes drivers. That's why I say it's boring. And yes, I would like Rosberg to win the championship, because it's obvious no one else than Mercedes drivers has the chance for that.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but most of the time when vettel won a race he dominated it by staying miles ahead. Now we at least have a scrap for P1.

sejtur
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sejtur » 25 May 2014, 17:34

Connor @cmckinleyF1 · 41 min
Max Chilton has been given a reprimand for colliding with Kimi Raikkonen during the race #F1

woops double post

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 25 May 2014, 17:41

Surprised more hasn't been made of the Hamilton engine thing from Spain. This weekend was a big shot back from Rosberg.

Can only imagine Hamilton's reaction if Rosberg had done that to him, and the fan / media reaction if Vettel had done it!

tderias
PL Manager
PL Manager

Post by tderias » 25 May 2014, 17:45

Vlad-SRB wrote:At least Vettel was fighting with drivers from other teams. This is only a fight between Mercedes drivers. That's why I say it's boring. And yes, I would like Rosberg to win the championship, because it's obvious no one else than Mercedes drivers has the chance for that.
I stopped reading there. You must be joking right? I mean I understand your support for a certain driver, but to the extent that it blinds you from the obvious reality of how dominant RB were for the majority of the past 4 years?

Please, we all know 2011 and 2013 were one of the most processional championships in recent history from a viewing perspective for the neutral spectator. Kudos to Vettel and Red Bull for doing a better job than anyone else. I am a personal admirer of Vettel myself, but that does not detract from the fact that - from a competitive standpoint (not individual race events) - those two years were the most boring seasons I have ever witnessed, and I'm pretty sure many others agree too.

I'm not a fan of what's happening now either; I would love to see 5, 6, 7 teams fighting for a championship, but what we have now is miles better than seeing a driver check out week in week out to the point that the TV director doesn't even bother with him anymore.

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 25 May 2014, 17:49

tderias wrote: I would love to see 5, 6, 7 teams fighting for a championship, but what we have now is miles better than seeing a driver check out week in week out to the point that the TV director doesn't even bother with him anymore.
I agree, like the 5 driver fight from 3 teams in 2010 which was won by, er, Vettel :p

F1EA
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by F1EA » 25 May 2014, 17:57

donald29 wrote:
tderias wrote: I would love to see 5, 6, 7 teams fighting for a championship, but what we have now is miles better than seeing a driver check out week in week out to the point that the TV director doesn't even bother with him anymore.
I agree, like the 5 driver fight from 3 teams in 2010 which was won by, er, Vettel :p
er... won by Red Bull you mean, right?

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 25 May 2014, 18:02

@NobleF1: Hamilton on Rosberg's Q3 off: "We've been through the data and seen what needed to be seen - and I wish you guys could see it..."

The stewards saw the data and found nothing :roll::

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 25 May 2014, 18:04

F1EA wrote:
donald29 wrote:
All championships are won by driver and team...

But anyway, what can Lewis see that the stewards couldn't? And where does turning your engine up to give yourself an advantage of your team-mate fit into this fair fight he wants?

F1EA
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by F1EA » 25 May 2014, 18:24

donald29 wrote:
F1EA wrote:
donald29 wrote:
All championships are won by driver and team...

But anyway, what can Lewis see that the stewards couldn't? And where does turning your engine up to give yourself an advantage of your team-mate fit into this fair fight he wants?
Nope. That was all car (and team shunning Webber at abu dhabi). Just like this weekend at Monaco. Look at the Q results... it's all car.

Anyways... it seems to me Lewis is just playing media. He gets the sympathy if he makes the claims he's making: "fair fight" and "Nico binned it on purpose", "im going to be like Senna" blah blah blah... Reminds me of that Hungary Q with Alonso; same kind of attitude. Except that time Alonso got the penalty, which cost him the title.

On the other hand... Nico keeps face and doesn't talk about the engine settings deal; basically, doesn't talk about anything at all. Then, to top it all off... Lewis goes to say had he been in Mclaren he would have pitted first and so on... yet at Mclaren (like that race in Spa) he took it to the media first....

It's pretty clear, just media talk. Really, just another sign Lewis simply needs to shut up. He's really good... but needs to shut up more.