What is your favourite current F1 circuit?

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.

What is your favourite current F1 circuit?

Poll ended at 28 Jun 2014, 14:25

Melbourne
4%
Kuala Lumpur
4%
Shanghai
No votes
Monte Carlo
8%
Montreal
No votes
Silverstone
4%
Nurburg
4%
Spa-Francorchamps
42%
Monza
13%
Marina Bay
4%
Suzuka
13%
Interlagos
No votes
Other
4%

Total votes: 24

kals
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: What is your favourite current F1 circuit?

Post by kals » 02 Jul 2013, 12:14

I agree with everything you've said. Monaco I enjoy purely because F1 has outgrown it. I don't necessarily enjoy the races there however.

I'm happy Silverstone was redeveloped in order to keep F1 there, but it has changed so much over the years it barely resembles the track I used to go to as a kid in the 80s (rose tinted specs moment) or worked at in the 90's and 2000's. To me, Silverstone has been stripped of it's character.

Hungaroring makes me laugh. When it was introduced to F1 in 1986 the drivers condemned it as Mickey Mouse. Nowadays it is one of the drivers favourites. I dislike it.

tderias
PL Manager
PL Manager

Post by tderias » 02 Jul 2013, 13:47

One of my favourite tracks is the Nurburgring tbh. I'm surprised it hasn't got a lot of fans. Maybe its because the Nordschleife is my all-time favourite track and I've mastered every single twist and turn on that track in Gran Turismo.

Way to go blowing my own trumpet there :lol:

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 02 Jul 2013, 14:07

My favourite is a cross between Singapore and Malaysia. Against all odds, I adore Bahrain.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 02 Jul 2013, 14:11

Silverstone's not brilliant to watch on TV but if you stand at Abbey/Farm or Maggotts/Becketts it is just utterly phenomenal.

Ferrariman60
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Ferrariman60 » 02 Jul 2013, 14:17

I don't understand the bad blood over the Hungaroring. I've always enjoyed watching the cars work around there.
Requiescat in pace, Jules Bianchi

Ferrariman60

tderias
PL Manager
PL Manager

Post by tderias » 02 Jul 2013, 16:36

Ferrariman60 wrote:I don't understand the bad blood over the Hungaroring. I've always enjoyed watching the cars work around there.
Because its like Monaco, except it kept its bad features and shed its good ones. It's not a street circuit and its not glamorous. The track is narrow and tight and cars generally follow each other in a train, with little overtaking. Simples.

kals
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by kals » 02 Jul 2013, 17:01

mikhailv wrote:Against all odds, I adore Bahrain.
I'm gobsmacked about this one :S

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 02 Jul 2013, 19:43

kals wrote:
mikhailv wrote:Against all odds, I adore Bahrain.
I'm gobsmacked about this one :S
lol! I enjoy the races as well. Some can be boring, but majoratively I like them, I like watching the cars in the desert, I like the dust, the sand, I love the layout.

Joey Zyla
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Joey Zyla » 03 Jul 2013, 06:59

tderias wrote:
Ferrariman60 wrote:I don't understand the bad blood over the Hungaroring. I've always enjoyed watching the cars work around there.
Because its like Monaco, except it kept its bad features and shed its good ones. It's not a street circuit and its not glamorous. The track is narrow and tight and cars generally follow each other in a train, with little overtaking. Simples.
That's exactly why I like it. I don't understand the obsession a lot of people seem to have with overtaking.

Treacle
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Treacle » 03 Jul 2013, 09:57

Joey Zyla wrote:
tderias wrote:
That's exactly why I like it. I don't understand the obsession a lot of people seem to have with overtaking.
So how is that racing? I mean following your logic you don't even need a race, just qualifying. Let them have the points for that, if overtaking is not important. What do you find interesting in cars following each other? There is no excitement, no unpredictability in that.
"Right now I'm having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before."

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 03 Jul 2013, 10:21

Joey Zyla wrote:
tderias wrote:
Not overtaking, Racing. If you on the ragged edge pushing your car to its limit, chasing your opponent. If you apply pressure with excellent offensive driving being countered by your rivals supreme defensive capabilities; thats racing.

When the track stops that, when the tracks makes sure that you can go 2 seconds slower and make sure you put your foot back down on the straight and then cruise round corners because nobody dares to even try overtaking because its not wide enough; thats bulls**.

Joey Zyla
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Joey Zyla » 03 Jul 2013, 11:29

mikhailv wrote:
Joey Zyla wrote:
tderias wrote:
Not overtaking, Racing. If you on the ragged edge pushing your car to its limit, chasing your opponent. If you apply pressure with excellent offensive driving being countered by your rivals supreme defensive capabilities; thats racing.

When the track stops that, when the tracks makes sure that you can go 2 seconds slower and make sure you put your foot back down on the straight and then cruise round corners because nobody dares to even try overtaking because its not wide enough; thats bulls**.
In 2012 the Hungarian GP had sixteen overtakes, and 54 the year before, so it's certainly not impossible.

shumif1
car driver
car driver

Post by shumif1 » 26 Apr 2014, 22:50

My most favorite was the old Hockenheim, I was there in 2000

kals
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by kals » 28 Apr 2014, 11:43

Joey Zyla wrote:In 2012 the Hungarian GP had sixteen overtakes, and 54 the year before, so it's certainly not impossible.
Hungary 2011 was run in wet / dry conditions with drivers gambling on differing tyre strategies. In the right conditions every track can produce amazing conditions. Hungary in the dry cannot. That said I agree with Mikhailv's comments, if there is a fantastic tussle between drivers that can be incredibly exciting even if there is no overtaking.

TGO
car driver
car driver

Post by TGO » 28 Apr 2014, 11:51

I think the Hungaroring produced many great Races, and i dont even talk about the wet ones. `97 was awesome, 1998 aswell, even in the Ferrari-show-Run Era there was great Racing behind the Red Cars (Montoya vs Kimi for example). I rather have Hungary in the Calender then Bahrain and all the crappy new Tracks (where u see overtaking only because we have DRS and KERS; before that they where just boring)