Kimi Raikkonen, What a Let Down!

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.

Are you disappointed with Kimi Raikkonen's Performances?

Yes
44%
Yes, Very
56%

Total votes: 45

alan
car driver
car driver

Whats wrong with Kimi?

Post by alan » 03 Sep 2007, 22:34

Kimi? Where did the iceman go?
I've been a ferrari fan since i was three or four years old (yes, my old man is a big tifozi too)and a schumacher fan since 1996. However, Kimi's technique has always fasinated me. But now something seems to be missing!
Considering massa's performance against Michael last year, Kimi (as the fastes driver on the grid) should've smashed massa this year (with all do respect to Massa). Instead, we see them equal, if not to Massa's advantage.
So is Kimi really the fastest driver on the grid now, or was he? Would have Ferrari be leading the championship if schumacher had stayed? Or is kimi just taking a year off (just to chill!)?
so guys, let's hear ur opinions...

ferrarifanman
kart driver
kart driver

Re: Whats wrong with Kimi?

Post by ferrarifanman » 04 Sep 2007, 11:33

I think Kimi is a bit overrated.
Considering massa's performance against Michael last year,
Did you watch F1 last season? Massa got really strong towards the end of the season and got closer to the great man then any of Michaels former team mates. He gave Michael a headache at a few races last year.

If anyone expected Kimi to walk in and blow Massa away how very wrong they are! Massa always had the raw speed now he is getting consistency. The next few seasons are going to be tough for Kimi because he will have a team mate who can challenge and outrace him.

Kimi taking a year off to chill? Why wouldn't he just go on a sabbatical? Hehe, We know he isn't relaxing. His race comments after the Turkish grand prix, show he is trying to pull something off mentally by saying he can go faster... However I don't think Massa will take much notice !grin!
ImageImage

alan
car driver
car driver

Post by alan » 04 Sep 2007, 11:46

ferrarifanman wrote:Kimi taking a year off to chill? Why wouldn't he just go on a sabbatical? Hehe, We know he isn't relaxing. His race comments after the Turkish grand prix, show he is trying to pull something off mentally by saying he can go faster... However I don't think Massa will take much notice !grin!
I didnt really mean that leterary... it was kinda joke !cool!!!!
Still, even though massa got really close to Michael towards the end of the season, u can't really say he was faster than him (take a look at the chinese and the japanes gps last year). I remember the speed channel commenters bashing massa on both occasions for his poor performance comapred to Michael..
Now we see massa and Kimi neck to neck, and making it look like they're making the most out of the F2007,in 3rd and forth spots, even though that it is arguably the fastest car on the grid.

lmcsp
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by lmcsp » 04 Sep 2007, 12:54

Hmm, this is quite a tricky one ..

You guys must remember, that although Kimi is the fastest, coolest, styliest, highest paid guy on the grid - His team mate, regardless, is still managed by the Boss's son Nico Todt .. surely that plays alot in the scenario ..

Note: Alonso to, appears to have some dramas on his hands, with a teammate that is "related" to the team.

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 04 Sep 2007, 13:52

lmcsp wrote:Hmm, this is quite a tricky one ..

You guys must remember, that although Kimi is the fastest, coolest, styliest, highest paid guy on the grid - His team mate, regardless, is still managed by the Boss's son Nico Todt .. surely that plays alot in the scenario ..

Note: Alonso to, appears to have some dramas on his hands, with a teammate that is "related" to the team.
actually its opposite u said..Chris dyer has more weight-age in Ferrari.

Massa has improve a lot in consistency..but still needs improvement in under pressure factor!
Massa,Weber and Trulli are current qualifying masters...IMO which is like winning races this season!
Don't compare last year massa and this years ...thr is huge difference in his goal/target.

i find kimi upto mark considering team change and specially tire change is very important.
Butfrom few races kimi seem to be much better than season start.
Don't forget cracking start of season...Australian gp.
Last edited by Zack on 04 Sep 2007, 16:02, edited 1 time in total.
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

justinyap
kart driver
kart driver

Post by justinyap » 04 Sep 2007, 14:05

For me i think kimi still need more test on the f2007 coz compare with mclaren he drove .It's really different in all setting .Maybe we can see him improve in 2008. So wat we have to do is we just wait .One day i sure kimi will be the world champion!!!!

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Re: Kimi Raikkonen, What a Let Down!

Post by iceman1 » 04 Sep 2007, 16:05

Kimi has always run in the top 6 or so when he hasn't retired

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 04 Sep 2007, 17:01

iceman1 wrote:Kimi has always run in the top 6 or so when he hasn't retired
apart from monaco :p

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 04 Sep 2007, 17:17

why their is no option in poll for
NO & No at all! :angel:

Ankit-Iceman
car driver
car driver

Post by Ankit-Iceman » 04 Sep 2007, 17:49

What are you guys talking about :huh:

Kimi had little problems in the start of the season with handling problems and bridgestone tires but after that he has ALWAYS been faster than Massa and IMO is the fastest driver in F1. In 2003 he almost beat Schumi in slow car :@:2

Australian GP Kimi easy victory, Massa problem in qualifying.

Malaysian GP Kimi had reduced revs for his engine started P3, Massa was sleeping allowed Alonso and Lewis to get pass him and blocked Kimi. Kimi finished p3 less than 1 sec behind Lewis and was faster and closing on him but race was over before he could try to overtake him. Ferrari engine had reduced revs on Kimi engine. Massa was foolish finished 5th

Bahrain GP, Massa did great job in qualifying and race no mistake. Kimi was not comfortable with tires or something &doh
Spainish GP, Massa again pole but Kimi was strong in p3 before hydraulic failure

Monaco Kimi made very little mistake in q2 but in race was great p15-p8 he was faster than Massa but in race overtaking is impossible and Kimi was blocked most time. Massa was very slow more than 1 min behind Mclarens :@:2

Canadian GP, Massa did good start but red flagged :shock: Kimi did ok, he had brake problem.

After that Kimi is easily better than Massa and others as well, he had 1-2 bad race by his standard but other races Kimi is simply better than others Mclaren are really good this time so far Yellow_Colorz_PDT_31

US GP p3 on grid but bad start( it was Ferrari starting problem) :frown: so Kimi was blocked and after pits was less than 1 sec behind Massa. Kimi made more than 10 sec in between. Mclaren won 1-2 But Kimi set the fastest lap of the race !cool!!!! 2nd lewis 3rd ALonso and 4th Massa

French GP, Kimi p3 on more fuel won the race in pits close between Massa but race pace of Kimi was better and more aggressive ^cool^

British GP, Kimi all the way enough said Flag:##

European GP Kimi p1 on heavy car made mistake in 1st lap did not come to pits so restarted at p7 but after pit stop came to p3 closing on Alonso before hydraulic failure :cry:

Hungary p3 Lewis not even 1 sec ahead of Kimi :@:2 Kimi was very good in slow car, Mclaren had more advantage in Hungary. Kimi again set the fastest lap in the last lap @Beer Massa p14-p13 :@:2 (compare with Kimi p15-p8 in Monaco, day and night difference :rule# )

Turkey Kimi made small mistake in q3 &doh but in race did well going past Lewis in start like French GP ^cool^ and did good job but had less fuel also. Overtaking has become more difficult this year. Massa did good. But Kimi again fastest lap in penultimate lap more than half a second than Massa fastest lap !yahoo:

Kimi 3 wins so far was in strong P3 before hydraulic failure :cry: 4 fastest lap so far. 3 times when Kimi din't win the race :@:2 Hungary/Turkey Kimi intentionally did fastest lap in the last lap/penultimate lap to show his rivals he can go more faster typical Kimi style :shhh:
If you want to win, get a Finn

tvianna
kart driver
kart driver

Post by tvianna » 05 Sep 2007, 03:09

I think he had some issues in the beginning of the season, but he's already at the same level of the other tree contenders. He has a team mate as fast as him and it's not a shame to be one point ahead or behind him.
But if someone expected of him to be a new Schumacher...

justinyap
kart driver
kart driver

Post by justinyap » 05 Sep 2007, 15:35

Actually kimi is a very good driver,the problem is he just join with ferrari .So he still need more on the ferrari f2007.The same way like massa when just join with ferrari he also not look strong ,thats why we must give him some time.Nextyear i swear that you will see a big different from kimi raikkonen.

Ankit-Iceman
car driver
car driver

Post by Ankit-Iceman » 05 Sep 2007, 18:29

tvianna wrote:I think he had some issues in the beginning of the season, but he's already at the same level of the other tree contenders. He has a team mate as fast as him and it's not a shame to be one point ahead or behind him.
But if someone expected of him to be a new Schumacher...
Massa has improved but Kimi can get good result in difficult condition also unlike Massa. I think Massa has won 5 races in F1 so far all from p1. Everyone expected Kimi to win this year easily but he had some problems and bad luck ::oops:; Never seen Massa do anything like this before :shhh:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsQwpCkepzc
or this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V3qTjA- ... ed&search=
If you want to win, get a Finn

Silver Shadow
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Silver Shadow » 05 Sep 2007, 20:45

I will agree with Ankit-Iceman here. Kimi has a way of winning races when the odds tend to be against him such as Suzuka in 2005 or in France 2007. Kimi doesn't necessarily need to start on pole to win the race. Hamilton on the other hand hasn't exactly mastered high-speed passing in comparison to Kimi and therefore could only win on pole...

Suntrek
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Suntrek » 06 Sep 2007, 13:09

I don't think there's anything wrong with Kimi.

What is wrong is the Kimi hype - "fastest man on earth" and so on.

He's a racing driver, very talented, but like any other driver he has needed time to adjust to the new car and the new tyres.

Massa has much more experience of both.

Kimi has improved already and will continue to do so, because when all is said and done he's a better driver than Massa, IMO.
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.