Fernando Alonso's driving style

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
idoilani
kart driver
kart driver

Re: Fernando Alonso's driving style

Post by idoilani » 02 Sep 2007, 06:57

erik wrote:Schumacher was the best for being no the limit
As a Schumacher's fan myself, I'm the last one to disagree on that :rule#

But he's not around anymore so it's interesting to look on the young guys now...

Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dark_Fisico » 02 Sep 2007, 22:47

I personally like the 'Italian' style... Both Fisichella and Trulli have this very smooth style, they just lack the killer instinct... I hope some of the young Italian drivers adopt this style but with the killer/winning edge !grin! ... I just thought I'd say that :@:2 ...

idoilani
kart driver
kart driver

Post by idoilani » 14 Sep 2007, 10:35

I guess this is the final and official confirmation for the speculation we chose to adopt:

Q: (Panos Diamantis – Car and Driver) Of the four championship contenders you are the only one who had to change from Michelin to Bridgestone tyres. How much of a handicap do you think this was and can you please tell me did you have to change some things in your driving style to adapt to Bridgestone?

FA: First of all I think Kimi also switched from Michelin to Bridgestone this year. I think it was more in the winter. I think all the Michelin drivers from last year had to adapt a little bit to the new tyres. In terms of braking, which is probably the main difference, we all felt with the Bridgestone tyre more movement with the car under braking. So you need a little bit of control with that and maybe setup changes also with this braking issue. And also maybe the traction. With Michelin it seems always to be a benefit to put the car straight and go on power with the straight line traction and with Bridgestone it is not a big advantage to do that, so you need to carry your speed into the corners, in the middle of the corners. So after one week testing you are a little bit ready to use the Bridgestone but the more laps you do the better you understand them.

Taken from the press conference on Thursday on the Belgium GP.