Silly season 2013-14

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
KevC

Re: Silly season 2013-14

Post by KevC » 24 Oct 2013, 11:55

Felipe Massa has agreed a five-year deal to stay in formula one next year with the British team Williams, a Brazilian website is reporting.

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 24 Oct 2013, 12:11

Why would you sign him for ONE let alone FIVE!? The guy is beyond useless. Id much rather see some 19 year old russian kid potentially destroy his career bringing 30million than someone who has already destroyed his career. What do Williams get? Massa was never great with a bad car, nor IMO can he drive around a bad car either.

Absolutely dumbfounded if true. Barrichello would've been miles better than Felipe these past 5 years.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 24 Oct 2013, 13:33

Pastor is under the impression that he is safe
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/110830

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 24 Oct 2013, 18:10

Can see Massa going to Williams, but can't see either him or the team wanting to commit to 5 years.

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 25 Oct 2013, 18:50

If Hulkenberg were to miss out on a drive to Maldonado again it would be an absolute travesty, and PR suicide for Lotus. Fingers crossed this Quantum deal come off and they can put together what IMO would be the most exciting driver partnership on the grid.

Vlad-SRB
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Vlad-SRB » 25 Oct 2013, 19:08

I just read that Lotus is going all in for Hulk! Soooo glad about that! He and Grosjean will be a magnificent pairing.

Human at Sight,
Monster at Heart!

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 25 Oct 2013, 19:15

Boullier wants Hulkenberg, that's no secret.

It depends whether they can afford him...

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 25 Oct 2013, 19:27

Im the only one I guess, but I would rather see Maldanado at lotus than Nico. I believe in Pastor. I think he would do a very very good job. I dont see the fuss over Hulkenberg. He has done some great performances, but you can count them on one hand throughout his career; this is the problem. Certain tracks he is great on, but not only that, the past few performances Esteban hasn't been too far behind him, he has been pretty much on par I dare say. So with that, does Hulk really look that special? Its clear that the Sauber had great traction moreso than the Merc and Ferrari, but that was the car not the driver. Both his stunning Brazil performances were in the wet also.

Otherwise, removing the rose tints, looking at Nico he isn't that special. I recall someone in the paddock saying a certain team boss or two dont believe the hype around Nico neither.

My vote is for pastor. I think he can really prove himself.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 25 Oct 2013, 20:07

I really like Marko's answers :lol:
Q: Stoffel said ...
HM: (interrupts) I never talked to him! Ask him: he ever talked to me? Please do so. Another guy ... This crazy Dutch guy ... He said he turned down our offer. What's his name?
http://www.f1news.ru/interview/marko/89564.shtml

McLaren-F1
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by McLaren-F1 » 25 Oct 2013, 20:57

iceman1 wrote:I really like Marko's answers :lol:
Q: Stoffel said ...
HM: (interrupts) I never talked to him! Ask him: he ever talked to me? Please do so. Another guy ... This crazy Dutch guy ... He said he turned down our offer. What's his name?
http://www.f1news.ru/interview/marko/89564.shtml
This is great one bro :lol:
4ever McLaren...

Treacle
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Treacle » 26 Oct 2013, 10:05

mikhailv wrote:Im the only one I guess, but I would rather see Maldanado at lotus than Nico. I believe in Pastor. I think he would do a very very good job. I dont see the fuss over Hulkenberg. He has done some great performances, but you can count them on one hand throughout his career; this is the problem. Certain tracks he is great on, but not only that, the past few performances Esteban hasn't been too far behind him, he has been pretty much on par I dare say. So with that, does Hulk really look that special? Its clear that the Sauber had great traction moreso than the Merc and Ferrari, but that was the car not the driver. Both his stunning Brazil performances were in the wet also.

Otherwise, removing the rose tints, looking at Nico he isn't that special. I recall someone in the paddock saying a certain team boss or two dont believe the hype around Nico neither.

So how many times has Pastor done great performances? Because I can't recall anything special when he didn't have a great car.
I like how it's always the car - Vettel is good because the car is a rocket, Hulk is good because Sauber has better traction. Nobody is ever good enough, except maybe Alonso and Hamilton.
"Right now I'm having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before."

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 26 Oct 2013, 12:10

Treacle wrote:
mikhailv wrote:Im the only one I guess, but I would rather see Maldanado at lotus than Nico. I believe in Pastor. I think he would do a very very good job. I dont see the fuss over Hulkenberg. He has done some great performances, but you can count them on one hand throughout his career; this is the problem. Certain tracks he is great on, but not only that, the past few performances Esteban hasn't been too far behind him, he has been pretty much on par I dare say. So with that, does Hulk really look that special? Its clear that the Sauber had great traction moreso than the Merc and Ferrari, but that was the car not the driver. Both his stunning Brazil performances were in the wet also.

So how many times has Pastor done great performances? Because I can't recall anything special when he didn't have a great car.
I like how it's always the car - Vettel is good because the car is a rocket, Hulk is good because Sauber has better traction. Nobody is ever good enough, except maybe Alonso and Hamilton.
Pastor has been a d**k many, many times. But I remember more of Pastor than I do Hulkenberg. His win in Spain wasn't a fluke, the guy didn't crack under pressure. valencia 2012, he was mixing it at the top and fighting wheel to wheel with hamilton and wasn't afraid. He is like Grosjean. he has the speed in him and he has the ability just as much as Hulkenberg except he binned it in Brazil 2012 when he couldve been 3rd or better.

And your right. Vettel is only getting such dominating results because of the car. Just look at his performances with a less than stellar car and they are piss poor and he is piss poor. Webber isn't as good as Vettel but his results dont reflect his capabilities and next year would see the removal of exhaust blowing which is something Webber cant adapt to inwhich would see him much much more competative. Same with Kimi, Webber, Button, Massa, Hulkenberg, Rosberg and all the grid. Bar Alonso and Hamilton. because they can perform no matter what the car and the situation. Alonso's worst car in his career outside of the Minardi was the R29. What happened? He took a podium thanks to his pure skill at Singapore in a car which development stopped 2 months before. He still finished in the top 10 in the standings just 6 points behind Trulli. Hamilton is the same just not as consistent.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 26 Oct 2013, 12:11

Joe Saward thinks that Kovalainen will be at a race seat with Caterham.

It makes sense, because while Van der Garde has been better than expected, I think Caterham will want an experienced driver next season, especially for the races.

icemaid
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by icemaid » 26 Oct 2013, 13:10

So next year we will have 3 Finns on the grid.
3 French? 3 British? How many Germans? Russians?....

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 26 Oct 2013, 13:18

Four French, Four Brits most likely.