2007 Formula 1 Italian Grand Prix

Reports, quotes, stats specifically about the F1 2007 season Grands Prix.
McLaren-F1
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: 2007 Formula 1 Italian Grand Prix

Post by McLaren-F1 » 31 Aug 2007, 12:14

thx for the videos bro :) and also i hope you will upload it to youtube !grin!
4ever McLaren...

Suntrek
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Suntrek » 31 Aug 2007, 13:00

Hmmm.....

Looking at the Monza testing times over the 3 days (beating Ferrari good!) and looking at McLaren's new cool aero package for the track.....

I'd say Alonso and McLaren will win this! !yahoo: !yahoo: !yahoo:
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 31 Aug 2007, 14:02

#Fear Nice picture suntrek!! $peace
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 31 Aug 2007, 14:04

thanks iceman!!! !cool!!!!

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 31 Aug 2007, 15:11

Norbert Haug says the biggest worry for the next 2 races, as Spa is next to Monza, is the engines:
In fact, Mercedes-Benz motorsport boss Norbert Haug thinks that the challenge of getting through the next two races with one power unit is the greatest the manufacturers have faced since the V8s raced for the first time last year.

He said: "At around 80 percent, Monza has the highest full-throttle proportion per lap of all Formula One racetracks. However, the following race (Spa) will challenge the engines even more.

"As scheduled, we will start in Monza with a new engine in both cars, which, according to the rules, is designed to be used in Spa as well.

"The combination of these two circuits is the highest expected strain for an engine so far since the new V8 engine generation has been introduced last year."

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 31 Aug 2007, 15:27

iceman1 wrote:Norbert Haug says the biggest worry for the next 2 races, as Spa is next to Monza, is the engines:
In fact, Mercedes-Benz motorsport boss Norbert Haug thinks that the challenge of getting through the next two races with one power unit is the greatest the manufacturers have faced since the V8s raced for the first time last year.

He said: "At around 80 percent, Monza has the highest full-throttle proportion per lap of all Formula One racetracks. However, the following race (Spa) will challenge the engines even more.

"As scheduled, we will start in Monza with a new engine in both cars, which, according to the rules, is designed to be used in Spa as well.

"The combination of these two circuits is the highest expected strain for an engine so far since the new V8 engine generation has been introduced last year."
I think Norbert is right here. Monza is just a flat out circuit. And Spa is 180 degrees the other way. It's not much Highspeed, except for the Long straight after Eau Rouge and the last long straight before the last chicane. Anxious to see, how the teams will solve this ''hmm'' .

[FIN]SpeedFreak
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by [FIN]SpeedFreak » 01 Sep 2007, 14:30

Suntrek wrote:Hmmm.....

Looking at the Monza testing times over the 3 days (beating Ferrari good!) and looking at McLaren's new cool aero package for the track.....

Hmm... We can't exactly get any tips from teams performances over test times and you should know it too. There's plenty of ways to spend test day with. McLaren and Ferrari probably tested different things. -whistling- -whistling- So don't celebrate yet. ''hmm'' ''hmm'' ''hmm'' Anything can happen (Oh boy how I hope to see both Mercedes engines blow up in this one Yellow_Colorz_PDT_42 Yellow_Colorz_PDT_42 Yellow_Colorz_PDT_42)

tvianna
kart driver
kart driver

Post by tvianna » 01 Sep 2007, 17:25

FerrariFan[FIN] wrote:

Hmm... We can't exactly get any tips from teams performances over test times and you should know it too. There's plenty of ways to spend test day with. McLaren and Ferrari probably tested different things. -whistling- -whistling- So don't celebrate yet. ''hmm'' ''hmm'' ''hmm'' Anything can happen (Oh boy how I hope to see both Mercedes engines blow up in this one Yellow_Colorz_PDT_42 Yellow_Colorz_PDT_42 Yellow_Colorz_PDT_42)
Ferrari must win this one. Is the only way to fight back in the championship and they can't afford to loose these race in front of the tiffosi.

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 01 Sep 2007, 17:30

both teams have the added incentve of it being ferraris home race!

McLaren-F1
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by McLaren-F1 » 01 Sep 2007, 17:32

it'll be exciting race can't wait..If McLaren makes 1-2 than everything is over for Ferrari..i think BMW will play key role for the race..
4ever McLaren...

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 01 Sep 2007, 18:33

McLaren-F1 wrote:it'll be exciting race can't wait..If McLaren makes 1-2 than everything is over for Ferrari..i think BMW will play key role for the race..
it still wont be over so soon ..then I'll have some hope from fia court :lol: :wink:
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 01 Sep 2007, 19:02

There is time for Ferrari to sort out their problems during the Testing :@:2 Looking Forward to this Race Hope it'll be a Good one :(

Suntrek
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Suntrek » 02 Sep 2007, 02:07

FerrariFan[FIN] wrote:

Of course, but in the Monza tests Ferrari normally excels. And this time they were beaten by Macca four days in a row. Didn't they test their aero in going as fast as possible even once during these four days, do you think?

And if I were you I'd worry more over Ferrari's reliability than McLaren's. @Hug

But don't worry, I have also calculated with the fact I might have to eat my big words later..... :(
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 02 Sep 2007, 05:53

Suntrek wrote:Of course, but in the Monza tests Ferrari normally excels. And this time they were beaten by Macca four days in a row. Didn't they test their aero in going as fast as possible even once during these four days, do you think?
Well, nobody knows that... :@:2
if aero had something wrong ..then why did they waste crucial testing mileage :huh: :angel:

LoL always the optimist :@:2
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 02 Sep 2007, 07:44

The Italian Grand Prix of 2004 was a bad race for Ferrari :( on the first lap as Michael Schumacher spun at the second turn and dropped right down the order while Rubens Barrichello led the race but was on the wrong tyres for the weather conditions.