HAMILTON'S bad luck, again, still in points

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Re: HAMILTON'S bad luck, again, still in points

Post by iceman1 » 27 Aug 2007, 15:05

Bad For Him but Good For the Championship

reyhan
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by reyhan » 27 Aug 2007, 16:35

Like I said: ...still in points
BMW Power

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 27 Aug 2007, 17:58

Hamilton problem was tyre fault

Code: Select all

McLaren boss Ron Dennis on Sunday revealed that a fault in the Bridgestone product probably caused Lewis Hamilton's tyre to fail during the Turkish grand prix.

The Briton said a few minor tyre problems had cropped up at several times this weekend at Istanbul, even though McLaren in a post-race statement insisted that the cause of Hamilton's problem was 'still being investigated'.

"This was a more serious problem," Dennis was quoted as saying by the German transmitter Premiere, "but it can sometimes happen.

"Surely it was a defective tyre." 
source GMM

phillyred79
kart driver
kart driver

Post by phillyred79 » 27 Aug 2007, 18:29

Tire failure is bad luck, but the fact that Hamilton was able to drive it in to the pits unscathed and sill get back in the running to score points is pure SKILL. All drivers have bad luck one race or another. Even Michael Schumacher had his moments. Speaking as a Hamilton fan, I was bummed he didn't get on the podium, but a few points is better than a DNF. He got some constructors points and drivers! YAY

maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by maltafan » 27 Aug 2007, 20:44

phillyred79 wrote:Tire failure is bad luck, but the fact that Hamilton was able to drive it in to the pits unscathed and sill get back in the running to score points is pure SKILL. All drivers have bad luck one race or another. Even Michael Schumacher had his moments. Speaking as a Hamilton fan, I was bummed he didn't get on the podium, but a few points is better than a DNF. He got some constructors points and drivers! YAY
.... and it was not just the tyre, as with the incident, something went wrong with his front too, and he was losing a lot of time until he adapted himself again to the car.

miurasv
car driver
car driver

Post by miurasv » 27 Aug 2007, 21:25

I don't believe he has had bad luck. Kimi Raikkonen's bad
luck cost him a championship. Mclaren has been known
for mechanical failure for years. Racing incident. He did
recover incredibly well...

newtrex
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by newtrex » 28 Aug 2007, 04:19

"Lewis: I was unfortunate... but lucky too."

http://www.crash.net/news_view~cid~1~id~153523.htm

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 28 Aug 2007, 19:17

Dark_Fisico wrote:Yep he had bad luck, it wasn't AS bad as the others seem to have but it was still tough luck... He WAS lucky that he managed to get back to the pitts and not get overtaken by Kovy though !grin! ...
i can agree with that!!

martinez
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by martinez » 01 Sep 2007, 20:06

nah i think hamilton has got skill and luck becuase of the ferrari's rare reliability issues. then hammy got his fair share of bad luck in europe and turkey.
Martinez 10

MikaOwns
kart driver
kart driver

Post by MikaOwns » 03 Sep 2007, 04:56

Maybe it's because he's in 1 of the 4 fastest cars? A tire puncture isn't that bad.

Same thing happens in AMA Superbike when Mladin or Spies goes down; they always get back up, get on the spare bike, and still get a podium.

It helps to have the best equipment. ^cool^

Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dark_Fisico » 03 Sep 2007, 10:20

Thats what we're talking about... Out of the top 4 teams Hamilton has had the best luck... His worst bits of luck were that crash in Quali and the tyre blowing... If it wasn't for the rain the Quali one wouldn't have been too bad and he was already way to far ahead for the tyre to really effect him (yes he lost a place or two but it could have been a whole damn worse)...

As for the other well Felipe seems to have loads of problems in quali (Australia can't remember the problem but he ended up at the back of the grid, and when they didn't fuel him so he didn't get a run) Kimi has again had poor reliability, and I'm sure Alonso might have had something but its too early for me to think about it :p ...

Yes Hamiltons luck has been bad the whole of two times, but the one last race wasn't as bad as some that have effected the other 3, he still ended in the points and if his luck was really bad he would have been overtaken by Heikki...

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 03 Sep 2007, 16:57

maltafan wrote:
tvianna wrote:Bad Luck? Raikkonen had bad luck with two retirements, Massa had bad luck when the team forgot refueling his car in Hungary. Hamilton was lucky, he only lost two points. He could crash, for example. I think he was unlucky in Nurburgring, but not today. :T:@
I'm sorry, I do not agree with your reasoning. I hate it when people speak in a biased way.

Hamilton was unlucky that his tyre went bust, as Massa was unlucky when they forgot to refuel his car, same as Kimi was unlucky when his car stopped.

With your same arguments you can also say that Massa, Raikkonen and Alonso were lucky cause they did not crash today. I'm sure that you would have said that Massa was unlucky if His tyre went bust, instead of Hamlton's
Yeah, Hami was definately in bad luck, he lost the podium because of the puncture... ::oops:; If he was on the podium he won a couple of points on Alonso, and just losing 4 and 2 points to Massa and Raikkonen, that was not a problem
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

alan
car driver
car driver

Post by alan » 03 Sep 2007, 22:48

honestly, i consider hamilton really lucky to finish in the points, with all that aero damage with his car...
anyhow, whichever way the championship's gonna end, whether to hamilton or to someone else, he is still the best rookie driver in the history of f1!!

maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by maltafan » 04 Sep 2007, 20:06

alan wrote:honestly, i consider hamilton really lucky to finish in the points, with all that aero damage with his car...
anyhow, whichever way the championship's gonna end, whether to hamilton or to someone else, he is still the best rookie driver in the history of f1!!
so you think that he was just lucky and there was no skill involved, to manage to finish the race with a damaged car?