2007 Formula 1 Turkish GP

Reports, quotes, stats specifically about the F1 2007 season Grands Prix.
mclarenmatt
kart driver
kart driver

Re: 2007 Formula 1 Turkish GP

Post by mclarenmatt » 24 Aug 2007, 17:31

Lewis Fastest in FP2! Woop! Woop! Go Mclaren :D

[FIN]SpeedFreak
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by [FIN]SpeedFreak » 24 Aug 2007, 17:35

mclarenmatt wrote:Lewis Fastest in FP2! Woop! Woop! Go Mclaren :D
Don't celebrate yet, since Lewises time was a lot slower than Kimi's fastest time of the day. :p I think that it was actually drived with low fuel load. ''hmm'' ''hmm'' Ferrari's concenstrated more to longer runs in that second session, so actually I think that we saw Ferrari's true pace in first session. :rule# :rule# Go, Ferrari, GO!

mclarenmatt
kart driver
kart driver

Post by mclarenmatt » 24 Aug 2007, 17:36

FerrariFan[FIN] wrote:
Don't celebrate yet, since Lewises time was a lot slower than Kimi's fastest time of the day. :p I think that it was actually drived with low fuel load. ''hmm'' ''hmm'' Ferrari's concenstrated more to longer runs in that second session, so actually I think that we saw Ferrari's true pace in first session. :rule# :rule# Go, Ferrari, GO!
Nah they may be slightly quicker, but not by that much!

newtrex
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by newtrex » 24 Aug 2007, 18:15

kimi told after practice that he had problem with wind.....

so ferrari are anyways fast.... mclarens are not so far i suppose...

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 24 Aug 2007, 18:52

FerrariFan[FIN] wrote:
Considering race pace surely Ferrari will have upper hand..its due to better understanding of bridgestone tires..but unfortunately mclaren had 780pgs digest..so it might end up with small deference :lol:

Hoping for action pack weekend :@:2

Suggested on pole inside teams
Mclaren - Alonso
Ferrari - Massa
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

SHINLAZER
kart driver
kart driver

Post by SHINLAZER » 25 Aug 2007, 00:15

I think that Lewis and Kimi will be the fastest in Qualyfing... ''hmm''

tvianna
kart driver
kart driver

Post by tvianna » 25 Aug 2007, 02:18

I think Alonso might even qualify in first row, but the Ferraris will be much faster in race pace.
I wonder how fast Lewis can be this weekend, working on his setup by his own, without any Alonso's help. ''hmm''
But in the friday pratices we never know the fuel loads of each driver, so I'm waiting for the FP3 and qualifying to be sure. !grin!

alanjp25
car driver
car driver

Post by alanjp25 » 25 Aug 2007, 02:36

Ferrari is true formula one team..pure racing passion..the prancing horse...nothing less..they just had a lot of bad luck and come on...mclaren all of a sudden bounce back is stupid...its cuz of that 800 page book about ferrari's car so thats why they had no problem....did u watch australian gp ? if u did then u shud know..how the heck did they find out about the flexing underbody ? by magic no it was the book an thas how they found out....u see !

theatrx
kart driver
kart driver

Post by theatrx » 25 Aug 2007, 07:03

Well it looks like Ferrari is in good shape. And well McLaren is in good shape too, but considering the gap Ferrari made in FP1... not so much.

It's surprising to see Toyota doing so well this week. I was surprised to see Ralf on 4th. Oooh, this is exciting. Less superior teams are doing good now, I'm expecting for a spectacular race tomorrow. Flag:##

Burn-out
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Burn-out » 25 Aug 2007, 07:12

Help!!! any live streaming site u know to view the practice and Quali today?

TIA
The juice is worth the squeeze

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 25 Aug 2007, 09:19

Code: Select all

* 12:05Thank you for staying with us, and come back later!
    * 12:05Qualifying follows in a couple of hours time, and I will be here to keep you Updated with all the action!
    * 12:04Button and Barrichello come next, followed by the usual gaggle of Toro Rosso, Super Aguri and Spyker
    * 12:03Webber and Kovalainen make up the top ten, followed by Wurz and Coulthard then the Toyota twins
    * 12:02Rosberg, Heidfeld, Kubica and Fisichella are the only other runners within a second of the fastest time
    * 12:02Hamilton heads Massa, Raikkonen and Alonso
    * 12:01And he stays third - thats it for the hour
    * 12:00Raikkonen's middle sector is nothing special
    * 12:00The flag is out - laps are in progress; Webber improves, as does Kubica
    * 11:59Raikkonen is on it - fastest S1 of all
    * 11:59Fisichella jumps his team mate for seventh
    * 11:58Wurzs jumps to eighth, and Kubica is going quickly
    * 11:57As are Fisichella and Webber, while the top two look to be lining up for a last minute shot
    * 11:57Down the field Wurz is looking to improve
    * 11:56Raikkonen and Alonso are out for a final shot, too
    * 11:56Into the final few minutes, and Hamilton and Massa are on track
    * 11:55Rosberg improves his time to seven tenths down on the quickest, and Nick duly joins him in the within-a-second club
    * 11:54Six minutes remaining, and Rosberg and Heidfeld are both on quick laps
    * 11:53the two Toyotas follow, and the final place in the top ten is - remarkably - the Honda of Jenson Button
    * 11:53Rosberg is half a second adrift and the last man within a second of Hamilton, and is a fraction ahead of Kovalainen, who is a similar shade ahead of Heidfeld
    * 11:52Raikkonen is a further tenth behind, with Alonso a couple of tenths beyond the Finn
    * 11:51hamilton heads massa by four one hundredths
    * 11:51Naturally, the cars pile into the pits, so lets have a look at the order
    * 11:50Yellow flags with ten minutes left - Sato the cause
    * 11:49As I write that, Kovalainen pops into sixth!
    * 11:49We should perhaps expect them to vault into the top ten in the final stages
    * 11:48The Renaults have been conspicuous by there absence this session, languishing in the bottom half of the order
    * 11:47The young German has been consistently impressive this season, and there is a high price on his head in the market place!
    * 11:47Approaching the last ten minutes and Rosberg is the last man - just - within a second of the fastest time
    * 11:46A word for Mark Webber who has the Red Bull up to tenth - that is an achievement in a car that is simply not providing the goods this weekend
    * 11:44hamilton goes top, pipping Massa by mere thousandths
    * 11:44Four tenths cover the top four men, all of whom are on track
    * 11:43It;s an improvement but the Spaniard made a mess of the middle sector - he was, however, blinding in the last part
    * 11:43Alonso is on a hot lap here
    * 11:42So, now we have the usual order of Ferrari and Mclaren in the top four, but the interloper - in fifth place - is Rosberg in the Williams
    * 11:41Indeed he does, as the screen catches up with itself the Finn goes second, just shy of his team mate
    * 11:40Raikkonen should join his rightful place in the top four here
    * 11:40Twice, apparently
    * 11:39A couple of minutes ago Rosberg jumped the BMW pair
    * 11:39A couple of minutes ago Rosberg jumped the BMW pair
    * 11:37As the timing screen miraculously counts backwards - ! - Lewis hamilton shades Massa by three tenths
    * 11:36But he rectifies that as his first time is good enough for second place
    * 11:35Massa comes straight back out - Hamilton is the only driver not to have a time on board
    * 11:34Hamilton is out and going well, but it won't be top
    * 11:34Massa pits - happy with his time undoubtedly - and I think we may see times below that 26.9 from last year before the end of this session
    * 11:33Last years pole time - by Massa - was 1:26.907, although thats a clear two seconds down on the outright lap record by JP Montoya - 1:24.770!
    * 11:32A 27.3 for the Ferrari man - excellent effort
    * 11:32Massa is going even quicker now as Raikkonen and Alonso both pit
    * 11:3127.8 for the Brazilian in the Ferrari, thats top despite a poor final part of the lap
    * 11:31Massa will go top - surely - as Heidfeld gets down to a 28.3
    * 11:30Massa is on a quicker lap now, as is Heidfeld
    * 11:29As Alonso dips into the late 1:27's, Massa goes second and not far behind him
    * 11:29For the record, fastest top speed recorded so far is 318kph by Rosberg in the Williams
    * 11:28Interesting that Raikkonen seems to be cruising, and Hamilton has not attempted a time yet
    * 11:25Alonso goes top on a 28.005
    * 11:25I would guess, without meaning to be cruel, that that is the extent pf the Honda's potential this weekend
    * 11:24Both BMW's in the top five as Kubica joins Heidfeld, and they are followed by the Honda duo of Button and Barrichello
    * 11:22Kimi has a slow mid sector, unlike Nick Heidfeld who is flying through there in the BMW
    * 11:21Rosberg goes top on a 28.6, but Raikkonen is already looking to eclipse it
    * 11:20Here come the big guns - Hamilton, Alonso and Raikkonen are all on track
    * 11:20And Wurz goes second, too
    * 11:19As Sato goes fourth in the Aguri, Rosberg duly breaks the Sector one best for the session
    * 11:19Of course, the FW29 carries the same engine as the Toyota TF107, and there is clearly little wrong with the Japanese powerplant
    * 11:18Both Williams' are out for a look - Rosberg was superb, as usual, yesterday, and the car is extremely quick in a straight line
    * 11:17Ralf breaks the 29 barrier for the first time today - this circuit is perenially very dusty, and that can hinder the laps
    * 11:17There are many who believe that Liuzzi is a supreme talent looking for the right team, but i'm not convinced
    * 11:16good effort from Liuzzi, who goes third and close - has he done enough to find a seat next year?
    * 11:15Three one thousandths seperate the Toyota duo!
    * 11:15Now Ralf is going quicker
    * 11:15Trulli is going quicker still - the Italian ranks as one of the unsung stars of F1 in my book, a sort of 'what might have been'
    * 11:1429.5 for Jarno - Toyota are really a confusing outfit these days
    * 11:13Now Trulli goes quickest in S1
    * 11:13A 29.8 for Schumacher - a good opening effort that
    * 11:12Ralf is on a hot one - he's an enigma this season
    * 11:11Sutil sets a 32.1 as a benchmark - it won't stay there long!
    * 11:11More cars on track - both Toyotas are out, and were very quick yesterday
    * 11:10I have an idea how they could make a lot of money - sell Adrian Sutil
    * 11:10he wants to firm up commitment to the F1 team
    * 11:10A lot of speculation surrounds the Dutch team currently with Mr Mol severing his ties with the road car division
    * 11:09Is that a car on track? No, it's two cars - both orange, both Spykers!
    * 11:08I was going to go dressed in fifties spiv gear, until somebody pointed out that I dress like that anyway
    * 11:08Anynody off to Goodwood next week for the Revival? No?
    * 11:07Not a car on track - great entertainment this is
    * 11:05Yesterdays sessions were interesting for the sheer level of dominance shown by Ferrari in the morning, only to see it eroded in the afternoon and the times stay the same
    * 11:04It may have been a glitch, however, as he appears to have made it back to the pits
    * 11:04Oh dear - the screens are showing Lewis Hamilton as having stopped on the circuit already - thats bad news indeed for the Mclaren star, as he was taking the fight to Ferrari yesterday
    * 11:03We are into the second minute of the session and nothing has happened - it's very hot at 33 degrees
    * 11:02I'm Steve, by the way, and should you wish you can contact me on s.turnbull@updatesport.com during the session with any questions, comments or opinion
    * 11:01But as I write I think we have success!
    * 11:00Unsurprisingly my timing screen facility is refusing to cooperate at the moment - I really must ask the monkeys to pedal harder and produce more power
    * 10:59Good morning all, and welcome to UpdateSport coverage of the final free practice session for tomorrow's Turkish Grand Prix at Istanbul Park

All information © Copyright 2007 Updatesport. Please see http://formula-1.updatesport.com/ for conditions.
Both Ferrari's did Hot lap on 6Lap stint while Mclaren on 5lap stint.
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

Burn-out
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Burn-out » 25 Aug 2007, 09:31

This qualifying seesion will a real shoot-out to the top contesting teams...
Hammilton - blitzing speed: but can he be consistent?? ''hmm'' i think not!!!
Massa - same old set-up...can he top the potential? :angel: praying here!!
Raikonnen - fearless drive, race pace is superb : !yahoo: he would maintain it...
Aonso - who cares?? $peace $peace $peace
The juice is worth the squeeze

mclarenmatt
kart driver
kart driver

Post by mclarenmatt » 25 Aug 2007, 10:00

alanjp25 wrote:Ferrari is true formula one team..pure racing passion..the prancing horse...nothing less..they just had a lot of bad luck and come on...mclaren all of a sudden bounce back is stupid...its cuz of that 800 page book about ferrari's car so thats why they had no problem....did u watch australian gp ? if u did then u shud know..how the heck did they find out about the flexing underbody ? by magic no it was the book an thas how they found out....u see !
Yeah great one! Let's chat c**p shall we? Team's buy photo's of other car's to find out what their up to, this has all ready been admitted my manager's up and down the pitlane! There can't be that much passion in the team, as then the 800 page document wouldn't have been handed out. Let's just wait and see what happen's shall we :T:@

mclarenmatt
kart driver
kart driver

Post by mclarenmatt » 25 Aug 2007, 10:05

Burn-out wrote:This qualifying seesion will a real shoot-out to the top contesting teams...
Hammilton - blitzing speed: but can he be consistent?? ''hmm'' i think not!!!
Massa - same old set-up...can he top the potential? :angel: praying here!!
Raikonnen - fearless drive, race pace is superb : !yahoo: he would maintain it...
Aonso - who cares?? $peace $peace $peace
The Mclaren's are gonna give Ferrari a fight at least, also i reckon Alonso has something up his sleeve. Shame it's not gonna rain in the race, Massa would get pwned by Alonso again :T:@

marty
kart driver
kart driver

Post by marty » 25 Aug 2007, 11:45