F1 Drivers Salary

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
ntr
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: F1 Drivers Salary

Post by ntr » 11 Aug 2007, 23:32

dazmoffman wrote:
Jasko wrote:I think I heard somewhere that Ralf has accepted a *huge* cut of his salary. And I mean huge - IIRC he will earn 4 or 5 times less than what he was supposed to earn. I'll try to find a link for this.

EDIT: OK - I wasn't really accurate. The salary cut will be for 2008, and he will be earning $5M instead of $22M:
http://formula-1.updatesport.com/news/a ... /view.html
thats a BIG drop in wages!!
lol maybe the drivers should set up a charity for ralf now.. :cheesy:
Silver Shadow wrote:What I'd do to be the agent of one of the drivers! 25%-40% of Kimi's wage just for me!

surely, i don't think that the managers get that much, there must be people who are willing to work for 1-5% of the wages, which is still a lot compared to an average job, 25-40% is ridiculous, if i were a driver, i wouldn't employ a manager who takes that much
mm tofu

WDC
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by WDC » 12 Aug 2007, 04:56

its ahell of a lot of money, keep in mind that that does not include all their sponsorship money!

its really good theat they have their own charity events F~0~M time to time.
Thankyou Schumi you will always have a place in our hearts!
Michael Schumacher- 7 volte Campione del mondo!
SIMPLY THE BEST

[FIN]SpeedFreak
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by [FIN]SpeedFreak » 12 Aug 2007, 12:18

phillyred79 wrote:I'm amazed that Ralf Schumacher makes so much... I guess blood is thicker than water.. He ain't no Michael Schumacher..
Alonso should be making Kimi money.. However, I think Kimi is over-paid!
Well, might be. But I don't think so. I think that Alonso is under-paid. !grin! Nevertheless, he is two times champion. He should get much more.

xplor
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by xplor » 12 Aug 2007, 20:24

FerrariFan[FIN] wrote:
phillyred79 wrote:I'm amazed that Ralf Schumacher makes so much... I guess blood is thicker than water.. He ain't no Michael Schumacher..
Well, might be. But I don't think so. I think that Alonso is under-paid. !grin! Nevertheless, he is two times champion. He should get much more.
nevertheless, kimi didnt won any WDC, and alonso won 2. why should kimi get almost twice the wage of the spaniard?
FORÇA PARENTE!
Alvaro Parente, 2009 GP2 Driver,From Portugal

Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dark_Fisico » 12 Aug 2007, 20:52

Well I don't think Nando really cares, I think he just wanted to get rid of Flavio and make his own decision... I don't know about Kimi, who approached who there??? But I think Alonso possibly approached Ron meaning Ron had the upper hand of salary decisions, whereas Ferrari could possibly have approached Kimi which gave Kimi the upper hand...

Jasko
car driver
car driver

Post by Jasko » 12 Aug 2007, 23:00

xplor wrote:nevertheless, kimi didnt won any WDC, and alonso won 2. why should kimi get almost twice the wage of the spaniard?
Please remember that Fernando signed his contract before the 2006 season. So at that time he was only a one time champion. Many people believed that this win was because of Kimi's bad luck and Ferrari's poor season. Of course after the 2006 season he was in a position to negotiate a higher salary, but if the season went worse he might be left without a seat in a top team for 2007 (I'm pretty sure even Alonso wouldn't be very competitive in this year's Renault).

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 13 Aug 2007, 14:41

&doh Hamilton is earning nothing compared to the others
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

WDC
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by WDC » 15 Aug 2007, 12:28

Dark_Fisico wrote:Well I don't think Nando really cares, I think he just wanted to get rid of Flavio and make his own decision... I don't know about Kimi, who approached who there??? But I think Alonso possibly approached Ron meaning Ron had the upper hand of salary decisions, whereas Ferrari could possibly have approached Kimi which gave Kimi the upper hand...
in my oppinion there was a big mafioso deal going on at ferrari, thats why i really do not like luca di montezemolo!

check this article out... very interesting! its a .pdf

http://download.yousendit.com/BE3A107670700BE0

it will only be up for 7 days as of the 15/08/07
Thankyou Schumi you will always have a place in our hearts!
Michael Schumacher- 7 volte Campione del mondo!
SIMPLY THE BEST

dazmoffman
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by dazmoffman » 15 Aug 2007, 13:28

WDC wrote:
Dark_Fisico wrote:Well I don't think Nando really cares, I think he just wanted to get rid of Flavio and make his own decision... I don't know about Kimi, who approached who there??? But I think Alonso possibly approached Ron meaning Ron had the upper hand of salary decisions, whereas Ferrari could possibly have approached Kimi which gave Kimi the upper hand...
in my oppinion there was a big mafioso deal going on at ferrari, thats why i really do not like luca di montezemolo!

check this article out... very interesting! its a .pdf

http://download.yousendit.com/BE3A107670700BE0

it will only be up for 7 days as of the 15/08/07
^^^ an iteresting angle on things, a good read well done 'WDC'

andrelfa
car driver
car driver

Post by andrelfa » 15 Aug 2007, 17:09

Kimi? U$ 51 millions?

Super Aguri
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Super Aguri » 15 Aug 2007, 20:03

The top paid drivers are getting paid crazy money these days. I want their money. :p Yet again who doesn't want it..

mirek01
kart driver
kart driver

Post by mirek01 » 15 Aug 2007, 22:56

xplor wrote:
FerrariFan[FIN] wrote:
nevertheless, kimi didnt won any WDC, and alonso won 2. why should kimi get almost twice the wage of the spaniard?
Doesn't matter because somebody wants to pay him that money and have him in team. Alonso could be in Ferrari but he changed his mind and goes to Renault and he could earn that money as Kimi now. Sometimes money isn't important, look at the situation now at McLaren...

AndyPerry
car driver
car driver

Post by AndyPerry » 21 Aug 2007, 12:08

joostlamers wrote:&doh Hamilton is earning nothing compared to the others

I think Lewis is making quite enough money for his age and F1 experience.

erik
car driver
car driver

Post by erik » 02 Sep 2007, 06:45

AndyPerry wrote:

Ye maybe for his age but not for driving in F1. U automatically get lots of money for driving in f1

Chubbs
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Chubbs » 02 Sep 2007, 15:51

erik wrote:
AndyPerry wrote:

Ye maybe for his age but not for driving in F1. U automatically get lots of money for driving in f1

although hamilton gets a small wage, his good early performances mean that he has received a lot of money in bonuses...

couple this with about £12 million spent on his racing career so far since he joined Mclaren at 13 hes not done too bad...

i wouldnt complain!!