Grande Prêmio Petrobras do Brasil 2012

Who will be the 2012 Formula One World Champion?

Poll ended at 25 Nov 2012, 11:28

Sebastian Vettel
55%
Fernando Alonso
45%

Total votes: 29

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Grande Prêmio Petrobras do Brasil 2012

Post by donald29 » 29 Nov 2012, 08:36

Treacle wrote: And I think Donald is right. (By the way, happy birthday! :))
phil1993 wrote: And yes, happy birthday James!
Thank you. :p

To be fair to Benson Phil, that green flag is hard to make out and Alonso's tweet pretty much confirms the story is true in terms of Ferrari considering something. After he posted the story Benson retweeted the video which shows the green flag.

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 29 Nov 2012, 09:25

donald29 wrote: To be fair to Benson Phil, that green flag is hard to make out and Alonso's tweet pretty much confirms the story is true in terms of Ferrari considering something. After he posted the story Benson retweeted the video which shows the green flag.
Tom Cary confirmed on his twitter account that Ferrari spokesperson had confirmed that they were evaluating the evidence. Ferrari would have dismissed the reports by now if it was not true. Yes, they are thinking over it, but I don't think they can actually protest now that the results are official. Deadline has past by a mile. The best thing they can do is to force FiA to look into this new evidence and put it into an investigation. I do sense Ferrari's attempt to bring the subject matter into discussion is to direct FiA's attention and to make it public. Alonso's tweet backs this hypothesis.
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 29 Nov 2012, 09:33

It's getting into Alonso's head it seems.....he's really in the verge of going bonkers. :D

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 29 Nov 2012, 10:55

AMuS is reporting Charlie Whiting has confirmed the pass is legal.

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 29 Nov 2012, 11:36

So that's it. Yet another blow to Alonsow :D :p

dacer
Donator
Donator

Post by dacer » 29 Nov 2012, 12:12

I think the best choice is to claim to FIA, and let they take the right choice. Really I don't like win o loose a championship, on court, but is worse win or loose because forgot to claim.

Vettel to Verge, was before green display, and car lights was yellow

Sl2

KevC

Post by KevC » 29 Nov 2012, 13:25

dacer wrote:Vettel to Verge, was before green display, and car lights was yellow
I'm guessing you haven't read the autosport article linked a couple of posts up then?
The FIA say the lights in the car are irrelevant as they are only a guide, there's a green flag on the left that most people have missed, just before the end of the pit exit line which he passes before he passes the Toro Rosso, and Ferrari have made no claim.
So that's the end of it. There's no case to answer, it was a legal pass.

Green flag on the left, before he passes.

Last edited by KevC on 29 Nov 2012, 14:26, edited 3 times in total.

François
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by François » 29 Nov 2012, 14:03

That's a lesson in professional journalism from autosport: verify a piece of news with all involved parties before publishing it. Other sources had only been speculating on the FIA's stance and rushing to the scoop; but autosport obviously took a good look at the situation, predicted the likely outcome and chose to wait for official confirmation, which they even obtained exclusively. No speculation, just facts.

François
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by François » 29 Nov 2012, 14:37

Sniffpetrol :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Ferrari to challenge Christmas

The Ferrari F1 team has announced that it is ‘evaluating’ whether to launch an official protest against Christmas.

‘Last December we became aware that a man travelled the world giving gifts to children whilst wearing a suit that made unauthorised use of the signature red and white Ferrari colours,’ said Maranello spokesman Paul Oozer. ‘Since then we have been carefully examining footage of this ‘Christmas’ event and, although we did not mention it at the time, we now believe we have a case against the gentleman who infringed our copyright, Mr Claus, which we can string out in an over-dramatic and pathetically childish way.’

If the Italian team decides to go ahead with its action against Father Christmas, it could have dire consequences for the jocular Laplander’s usual present distribution routine and indeed for Christmas itself. However, Ferrari believe they have a solution to this potential seasonal crisis; ‘As the rightful users of the red and white colour scheme, we would take over the whole Christmas event,’ said a spokesman. ‘Fernando Alonso has the pace to deliver presents all over the world in just one night and Felipe Massa looks like an elf. Plus, the 2012 car was basically a bit of a turkey.’

As for the actual presents to be delivered to youngsters across the globe, Ferrari claim they would have a solution to that too. ‘What child would not want to receive a Ferrari-branded golfing glove or Ferrari-branded ice scraper?’ their spokesman asked. ‘Although of course in return the child would owe us 390 and 735 Euros respectively.’

Whilst Ferrari continue to deliberate on their next move, others are less than impressed with their potential plan to ruin Christmas. ‘For f***’s sake, can’t they just drop it and move on,’ said the rest of the world, yesterday.

reppo
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by reppo » 29 Nov 2012, 16:42

Sniffpetrol gets it right. Where is Ferrari heading to. Hey Domenicali, make the f**k**g car a winner and there will be nothing debatable left. Sure, put four wheels to a bath tub and Fernando will do the rest. But really, he can't turn water into wine even if he is the best of current drivers. When will Ferrari engineers start to really listen the feedback from drivers Image

F1EA
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by F1EA » 29 Nov 2012, 16:52

reppo wrote:Sniffpetrol gets it right. Where is Ferrari heading to. Hey Domenicali, make the f**k**g car a winner and there will be nothing debatable left. Sure, put four wheels to a bath tub and Fernando will do the rest. But really, he can't turn water into wine even if he is the best of current drivers. When will Ferrari engineers start to really listen the feedback from drivers
Wow, that sounds a bit like something i wrote yesterday somewhere else:

Domenicalli is no technical guy. He's a manager, a does a good job at the management/politics stuff. Ferrari definitely improved since Pat Fry came along. BUT what they need is a big big push in car design. I mean, being perfect means squat when your car qualifies 7 and has trouble making Q3.

In that sense, Vettel has a huge buffer when it comes to mistakes and team errors. From dead last to points positions in a few laps...... doesn't take a genius to know as long as the RB didnt break down, there was no way of getting them. Not even by being 'perfect'. And Ferrari should know, because this is what they did when Schumacher was unbeatable.

Do people seriously think Vettel is that great to come back from dead last, manage a botched pit stop, several mistakes by the team or his, in other races, and still win it? Get real. If he was, he would have won the wdc in his Toro Rosso and not just a race under "alternative" conditions in a peculiar track.

Of course, he is very good, and now you can add talk about his will to win, his strenght of mind an the strenght of the team to work under pressure... and all that c**p. While Alonso can go and tweet his life away with Samurai quotes. All that gets cushioned (and in Alonso's case crushed) by a superior car.

Bottom line: Ferrari (and anyother team) don't need to be perfect or have "the best driver"; they need the best car.

3 yrs with a wind tunnel problem?? WTF?! That's unacceptable; and unless Domenicalli starts taking no excuses... they will not win.

Repeat after me:
It's...
All...
In...
The..
Car.

KevC

Post by KevC » 29 Nov 2012, 23:22

Ferrari92 wrote:Image
When did he get a puncture? Not sure i remember that.
Also that pic is last years car cos it doesn't have a duckbill nose.

DamoQ
car driver
car driver

Post by DamoQ » 30 Nov 2012, 06:48

Kevin Clark wrote:
Plus I also notice that his car has the yellow marked soft tyre in that picture. That tyre wasn't used at Interlagos last weekend.

He did make 4 stops though, and he did say in his final post race interview that he got a picture. Just the cameras never picked up on it as it was only a slow puncture.

Ferrari92
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Ferrari92 » 30 Nov 2012, 13:21

Kevin Clark wrote:
Yes the pic is from last year. But he got a puncture in the early stages of the race.