Greetings, once again...

New to F1Zone.net? Why don't you introduce yourself to the community here
T97/30
car driver
car driver

Greetings, once again...

Post by T97/30 » 03 Oct 2012, 22:37

I was once a member of these forums many years back but after such a long period of inactivity I thought, 'why not start afresh'?

My name is Craig, I'm nineteen and I come from South East England. I am a college student studying 3D design & motion graphics; I hope to become involved in the games industry as a career. As well as being a student I also work part-time as a volunteer at a local charity shop.

During my spare time I enjoy gaming, listening to heavy metal, improving my 3D modelling skills on Maya and playing pool with my friends. As well these things I enjoy the occasional bike ride and I love mountain walking, but that's not something I get to do often.

I started following Formula One from the age of six and to this day I still have memories of sitting in my little tent in my back garden during the summer of 1999, reading Autosport's report of Eddie Irvine's victory in Austria. Sauber is my favourite team currently on the grid and seeing Sergio and Kamui right up there has been the highlight of the season for me.

As you may have guessed by my username and avatar I am strangely rather fond of the disastrous Lola T97/30 from 1997, although this is mainly down to how it looks.

Thanks for reading! I look forward to talking with you all. :)

tderias
PL Manager
PL Manager

Re: Greetings, once again...

Post by tderias » 04 Oct 2012, 00:43

Welcome back to the forum :) You're much more of a hardcore fan of F1 than I am. My older brother first got me into F1 when I was 7 or 8 years old. I grew up watching the Hakkinen/Schumacher rivalries. Once Schumacher left the sport, I stopped following F1 until one evening in fall 2010 I heard I learned that Fernando Alonso is driving for Ferrari and is in contention to win the championship :) The next race was Korea, and I haven't missed a race since then :P

I play video games for a hobby as well, and the occasional football. Looking forward to seeing you around :)

T97/30
car driver
car driver

Post by T97/30 » 04 Oct 2012, 10:44

tderias wrote:Welcome back to the forum :) You're much more of a hardcore fan of F1 than I am. My older brother first got me into F1 when I was 7 or 8 years old. I grew up watching the Hakkinen/Schumacher rivalries. Once Schumacher left the sport, I stopped following F1 until one evening in fall 2010 I heard I learned that Fernando Alonso is driving for Ferrari and is in contention to win the championship :) The next race was Korea, and I haven't missed a race since then :P

I play video games for a hobby as well, and the occasional football. Looking forward to seeing you around :)
Thank you for the warm welcome! :thumbsup:

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 04 Oct 2012, 15:08

Great username! :lol:

What were you known as on this forum before?

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 04 Oct 2012, 15:40

Hello Craig. Welcome to the forum.

I hope you enjoy it here with us :)

T97/30
car driver
car driver

Post by T97/30 » 04 Oct 2012, 15:55

iceman1 wrote:Hello Craig. Welcome to the forum.

Oh god, you still here? :lol:

Just kidding! Thanks for the welcome. :)

T97/30
car driver
car driver

Post by T97/30 » 04 Oct 2012, 15:57

donald29 wrote:Great username! :lol:

What were you known as on this forum before?
Opps, I totally missed your post. My bad. :blush: My old user was JensonHamilton, as far as I remember.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 04 Oct 2012, 16:18

T97/30 wrote:
iceman1 wrote:Hello Craig. Welcome to the forum.

Oh god, you still here? :lol:

Just kidding! Thanks for the welcome. :)
Yeah JensonPerez :zz: