2012-13 Silly Season

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
Ferrari92
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: 2012-13 Silly Season

Post by Ferrari92 » 28 Sep 2012, 12:20

I still can not believe that Lewis has left McLaren and Checo replaces him :S
For Sauber, I think they may sign Bianchi and Alguersuari for next year. Who knows??? ''hmm'' ''hmm''

tderias
PL Manager
PL Manager

Post by tderias » 28 Sep 2012, 13:10

Just heard the news. Mercedes, Whitmarsh, Checo, and Button are the only winners here. Mercedes have got a tasty driver lineup for next year, Whitmarsh has made sure his precious Button can now shine that Lewis is gone, Checo has made his way to a race winning car, and Button won't need to have sleeping trouble every Saturday night because he can't stop trembling at the fact the he will get destroyed by Lewis in tomorrow's race.

Lewis, Schumacher, and Rosberg are the losers here. If Lewis wants to win, he's not at the right team. Schumacher fits the Mercedes brand perfectly, and with this news, his second F1 career is effectively over. Rosberg has been slacking around in recent races. I expect to see him stepping up in the next few races to prove his worth, but I think he'll get beaten by Lewis anyways.

Ferrari, now I'm sitting on the fence with them. They might have lost the best young driver on the grid today, and a future world champion. But the news makes it more and more believable that they have Vettel signed for 2014. But, and a big but, Sergio has signed on paper, and Vettel hasn't done so yet.

StratCaster
kart driver
kart driver

Post by StratCaster » 28 Sep 2012, 14:48

If I was in Schumacher's shoes I'd write a check to Sauber with the memo: for several race wins

They're fast this year and I don't think significant rule changes will happen so they should be fast next year too. Schumacher has also outperformed Rosberg in qualifying so he has the pace and the experience to take home a few trophies.

I think the only wildcard left up top is Ferrari now but every day of silence is one more day in Massa's favor as all the talent resigns with their current teams.

François
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by François » 29 Sep 2012, 14:15

Woah, one week without internet and the world goes crazy :blink:

I'm thankful, though. This move by Hamilton will surely mean some interesting things in the coming seasons. Great reaction from McLaren, snatching Perez from Ferrari while they can, bit of a gamble but it may well pay off. They probably won't be winning any title for another couple of seasons, though.

Who then will fill Perez's shoes at Sauber? And will Koba remain onboard, or will they become the first team to change both their drivers at once since uh... Toro Rosso in 2012? :p

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 29 Sep 2012, 17:41

iceman1 wrote:I feel sorry for Schumacher, they always push him out of F1. I remember Luca asked him to retire in 2006 and the same happened today but with another team.
Sabine Kehm - Michael didn't stay at Mercedes because he wasn't sure he wanted to drive and that didn't change over time. he would have been able to sign if he had wanted to earlier in the summer".
... and some how he manages to return! Next could be F1 Commissioner :p
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

Eric_Cartman
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

2012-13 Silly Season

Post by Eric_Cartman » 30 Sep 2012, 16:24

if Schumacher wants to continue his career, there are three possibilities for him:

- Sauber: the most likely option. Peter Sauber said that he would take Michael, if he wanted to drive for them. And since Perez is going to Mclaren, there is a seat available. Sauber was probably faster than Mercedes this year but it's uncertain if they're going to be strong next season.

- Ferrari: If they haven't extended Massa's contract yet, Schumacher could drive at the side of Alonso in 2013. But I think Schumacher wants a two-year-contract, what would be difficult if they've signed Vettel for 2014. Ferrari will almost certain be a faster car than Mercedes next year.

- Lotus: an unlikely option. As long as their drivers stay there, Schumacher won't get a seat although Grosjean made a lot more mistakes than Schumacher this year. I'm sure that they will be also fast next year.
FC BAYERN 7 - BARCELONA 0

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 30 Sep 2012, 20:39

Eric_Cartman wrote: - Ferrari: If they haven't extended Massa's contract yet, Schumacher could drive at the side of Alonso in 2013. But I think Schumacher wants a two-year-contract, what would be difficult if they've signed Vettel for 2014. Ferrari will almost certain be a faster car than Mercedes next year.
Fernando Alonso has contract until the end of the 2016* but how about Schumacher - Vettel combo for 2014 *fireworks* :lol:

tderias
PL Manager
PL Manager

Post by tderias » 30 Sep 2012, 21:14

Alonso and Vettel promise more fireworks to be honest. Won't mind Ferrari signing Michael. Imagine he has a good year and wins the championship, it would be a fairy tale you tell your grandchildren about.

tderias
PL Manager
PL Manager

Post by tderias » 01 Oct 2012, 13:40

Skysports report Sauber are interested in Michael.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 01 Oct 2012, 14:53

tderias wrote:Skysports report Sauber are interested in Michael.
So next year they can kick him and bring a young driver? :zz:

tderias
PL Manager
PL Manager

Post by tderias » 01 Oct 2012, 15:07

iceman1 wrote:
The Sauber has improved a lot this year. If they can keep it up for next year, it might be a good opportunity for Michael to achieve more than what he's done at Mercedes.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 01 Oct 2012, 18:34

tderias wrote:
iceman1 wrote:
The Sauber has improved a lot this year. If they can keep it up for next year, it might be a good opportunity for Michael to achieve more than what he's done at Mercedes.
They should run and hire young drivers so Mclaren can steal them in the future :p
However, other newspapers are less enamoured about the prospect of Schumacher trying to extend his career still further. Under the headline, “Schumacher off the track – Brutal end of career”, Die Welt advises that “Schumacher should leave it at that” and instead consider a switch to team management.
I agree with that :thumbsup:

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2012/10/w ... peculates/

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 04 Oct 2012, 07:50

Schumacher confirms retirement.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 04 Oct 2012, 07:52

donald29 wrote:Schumacher confirms retirement.
How do you feel? :p

Thank you Schumacher for everything :)

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 04 Oct 2012, 07:57

Fine. :p He's shown he can still drive at a high level but recent races where he's been driving well but hasn't had the car have been quite frustrating having got a taste of him briefly being back at the front earlier in the season.

The comeback hasn't been a massive failure as some people like to make out. There have been mistakes, but for a guy in his 40s he's put in some more than respectable performances. 6 races left to enjoy having one of the all time greats on the grid. :)

This time he says retirement might be forever. :p

This means Button is next in line to break Barrichello's record for race starts...