The future of Lewis Hamilton

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Re: The future of Lewis Hamilton

Post by iceman1 » 28 Sep 2012, 14:07

Interviews with Martin Brundle & David Croft!

StratCaster
kart driver
kart driver

Post by StratCaster » 28 Sep 2012, 14:59

Nah you're all wrong, Mercedes is poised to challenge for championships, just not next year since there is no major rule change to shake up the status quo. This gives Lewis a gap year to settle into Mercedes, I wouldn't be surprised if he goes winless next year which will be good for his ego. I think Lewis is coming out ahead of everyone else on this but only time will tell. It could easily be a repeat of the Alonso/Mclaren disaster...

Give him respect for gambling his career.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 28 Sep 2012, 15:02

This could well be Alonso's 2008/2009 period. Similar age and coming off the back of similar levels of success (Lewis has 20 wins, Alonso had 19 after 2007)

I firmly believe that if the Mercedes W05 in 2014 isn't good, he'll come crying back in 2015.

syafiqa
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by syafiqa » 28 Sep 2012, 15:04

ok i dont know how to put into words correctly. my english was terrible.but i must say..lets see how lewis and mercedes can do next season. if miracle happen. who know's mercedes turn to old 'brawn' ( is that right?? forgot already the team name.since i'm not fancy with them.lol lol lol.button won title with them, everyone's knew..blah blah blah). hah..then what we can say?? lets shut our mouth before then. and if not, then we'll see how's lewis will perform under the 'not so fast car'. maybe he's equally superb as fernando and the more worst he is not. but i remember when jb switch team from 'brawn' to mclaren, i've wonder why he choose to move when he won the title with brawn. (i dont know if others think the same too). in the end he make the right choice. notes; i knew it is not the same situation as lewis since first, brawn were rebranding to mercedes and second, mclaren is a top team, even they're not has superior car in the beginning, they will continually progress in the development throughout the season and they never failed (except for their DNF'ssssss)

we still waiting for our 2012 wdc. but i already cant wait for next season!! :shhh: Flag:##

StratCaster
kart driver
kart driver

Post by StratCaster » 28 Sep 2012, 15:08

I think we'll be able to tell by this time next year if it's a success or not, Hamilton isn't very good at hiding his emotions, and as evidenced by his mood results aren't the only deciding factor in the future.

Someone wondered if Mclaren are going to keep putting the effort into the rest of this season, they'd be fools not to he still has an extremely good chance at a title and with his future decided he should be able to get down to business behind the wheel. I don't know if anyone follows NASCAR but last seasons championship was won by crew chief Darian Grubb, he knew that he was fired a few weeks before the last race but he won it anyway. Now Grubb's new driver is leading the standings with only a few races to go; winners will always perform no matter the contract that takes effect next week.

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 28 Sep 2012, 17:49

Bye bye Lewis then.......good luck at Mercedes and be wary of the "fat man" Norberg Haug, 'coz he is a bad luck magnet.... :P

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 28 Sep 2012, 18:27

Statistically, 100% of F1 drivers who I've interviewed face-to-face have been signed by McLaren.

tderias
PL Manager
PL Manager

Post by tderias » 28 Sep 2012, 20:13

phil1993 wrote:Statistically, 100% of F1 drivers who I've interviewed face-to-face have been signed by McLaren.
Let me guess, you've only interviewed one? :p

Ferrariman60
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Ferrariman60 » 28 Sep 2012, 23:35

I wonder if this could have any implications for McLaren's future running Mercedes engines.
Requiescat in pace, Jules Bianchi

Ferrariman60

mileso
Donator
Donator

Post by mileso » 29 Sep 2012, 01:03

Good bye Lewis...hopefully I won't be reading all the excuses for his poor performance here next year. It will be too simple just to blame the car. Lewis is not anywhere near the driver Alonso is, so it offends me greatly to read comparisons. I'm hoping that Lewis will settle nicely in behind Force India, a team on the rise and become cannon fodder for Maldonado and the and the other midfield crashers. The silly season is not over yet and no one knows whether Schumacher will smell the roses an retire for the good of the sport.
Not sorry to see Hamilton depart McLaren. Kudos to Perez.

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 29 Sep 2012, 07:43

mileso wrote:Good bye Lewis...hopefully I won't be reading all the excuses for his poor performance here next year. It will be too simple just to blame the car. Lewis is not anywhere near the driver Alonso is, so it offends me greatly to read comparisons. I'm hoping that Lewis will settle nicely in behind Force India, a team on the rise and become cannon fodder for Maldonado and the and the other midfield crashers. The silly season is not over yet and no one knows whether Schumacher will smell the roses an retire for the good of the sport.
Not sorry to see Hamilton depart McLaren. Kudos to Perez.
At first, I was thinking 'thats just pure rubbish'. Then I actually realised your bloody right. Mercedes truly have fell from Winning China, to struggling to keep up with Sauber, who is behind andonly just, FI and Williams. Schumacher was struggling against the toro rosso. Rosberg was doing better but the car has fell back quite far.

LIke you said Phil, im getting an R29/early R28 feeling with Mercedes, except the R28 could get into Q3, but if push comes to shove, id say it would be a struggle to be honest. Im sure lewis will make some difference at Mercedes.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 29 Sep 2012, 10:44

tderias wrote:
phil1993 wrote:Statistically, 100% of F1 drivers who I've interviewed face-to-face have been signed by McLaren.
Let me guess, you've only interviewed one? :p
Gold medal for you :p

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 29 Sep 2012, 10:45

David Coulthard wrote this in his Telegraph column,

'Ah, but will he win championships with Mercedes? That, after all, is how he will be judged, isn’t it? Well, no. How many championships did Sir Stirling Moss win? Or Gilles Villeneuve? They are both remembered as brilliant racing drivers and iconic figures in Formula One history.'

One was killed the other had his career ended by injury. Not the best comparisons to make.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motors ... cedes.html

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 29 Sep 2012, 11:48

That's my point though. It isn't just statistics. The majority of fans see Senna as better than Schumacher. Well Senna has less than half of the wins and titles of Schumacher.

Is Prost better than Senna? Statistically yes. Many think not.

Is Jacques Villeneuve better than Gilles Villeneuve? No!

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 29 Sep 2012, 12:09

All the examples are drivers who have had their careers ended prematurely be death or injury. In those cases statistics take on much lower importance, plus their legend tends to increase.

Drivers want to win championships , Lewis himself has said if he drives the rest of his career and hasn't won a few championships he'll be massively disappointed. It's not just statistics, but if Lewis does 15 seasons and wins 1 championships he's not going to be remembered as he will if he does 15 and wins 3 or 4.